Mosque bombed in Iraq!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I've just heard that a Sunni mosque in Iraq has been bombed. I don't have any particulars on the incident but the very idea of a mosque being bombed, this one a Sunni mosque, is very disturbing. This is really bad news.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

The mosque is in Baghdad, in the middle of the "Sunni Triangle". The mosque's leading cleric is *quite* angry at the American troops. This is Saddam's territory, I understand that. I'm just angry and upset about an attack on a religious building.

In related news, there is a report in the Turkish Daily News that Al-Qaeda is cutting its force in Afghanistan to invest more in anti-American attacks in Iraq and neighboring countries, including Turkey. I don't quite see how the bombing of a Sunni mosque fits into this. A Shia mosque, yes, because the Wahhabists don't like the Shia at all. They are Sunni Moslems themselves. Is this some sort of twisted "suicide plot"? In Islam, suicide is a huge sin. Murder is a huge sin. These murderers are not Moslems. They are terrorists.:mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
I think Saddam loyalist would love to create friction between Sunni and Shia elements because of all the problems that could cause for the coalition. So I think this was the work of them.

I think it will be easier to capture and kill Al Quada members if they try to get into Iraq.

STING2 said:
I think Saddam loyalist would love to create friction between Sunni and Shia elements because of all the problems that could cause for the coalition. So I think this was the work of them.

I think it will be easier to capture and kill Al Quada members if they try to get into Iraq.

Yeah, I think you're right. How cynical do they come? Damn terrorists. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Oh, no! There's been another mosque bombing in Iraq! It was a Shi'ite mosque in the "Sunni triangle". :censored: The people were just finishing Friday evening prayers when the attack occurred. Six people were killed, more were injured. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
A bomb was detonated at another Shi'ite mosque in the same town, just north of Baghdad. Some people are starting to complain that there is a danger of religious civil war in Iraq. Gosh, I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom