Moscow Mayor said Moscow cleaner than West on Homosexuality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...4_RTRUKOC_0_US-RUSSIA-GAYS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

"Our way of life, our morals and our tradition -- our morals are cleaner in all ways. The West has something to learn from us and should not race along in this mad licentiousness," he told Moscow radio, according to local news agencies.

"We may have a democratic country, but we live in an organized country and an organized city."

Mabey the mayor should come to SF and see how his views would look ludacris. Why should he even care about someones orentation. How can it be moral and clean, when I am sure prostitues run amoke and husbands and wives cheat on each other. Only God can judge them.

well, now that HIV/AIDS is exploding in Moscow mostly due to such a clean city having such dirty needles for injecting heroin, it's nice to see that the mayor will have a very convenient scapegoat on hand when people start to die. maybe some faggots will get their asses kicked, that would be cool. teach them a lesson. stop spreading AIDS and stuff and disprespecting Mother Russia:

[q]"These gays wanted to lay flowers at the grave of the unknown warrior. This is a provocation. It is desecration of a sacred place," he said.

He rejected the gays' argument that the eternal flame is a monument to all those oppressed by fascism.

"These gays go there, and openly go up to the monument. It is a contamination. People burst through and of course they beat them up," he said.

[/q]

:|

Given the secular nature of this government, I wonder what guiding principles motivate them to take such an overbearing and ugly stance.

nbcrusader said:
Given the secular nature of this government, I wonder what guiding principles motivate them to take such an overbearing and ugly stance.

The gay activists tried to hold their protest against homophobia and discrimination at the weekend despite the ban, but were detained by police, abused by militant Christians and attacked by neo-fascists.

Thanks for the quote, but is far from answering my question. Odd, the article references "militant Christians" in that one line only.

Given the long standing secular nature of the Russian government, there is no evidence that the government action as described above is motivated by religious factors.

nbcrusader said:
Given the long standing secular nature of the Russian government, there is no evidence that the government action as described above is motivated by religious factors.

so ... "secular" governments can be as homophobic as theocracies? is this the big point?

you'll notice that Russian society as a whole is generally intolerant, the mayor is a thug, yet such a protest would be unimaginable in any Islamic nation, and unimaginable in many of the more religious areas of the United States.

nbcrusader said:
Thanks for the quote, but is far from answering my question. Odd, the article references "militant Christians" in that one line only.

Well the mentality of the voters...

That's the only reason I showed the quote.

Back
Top Bottom