More Important-National Security

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

More important for your well being and sense of security?

• National Security

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • The Economy

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
KhanadaRhodes said:

Because the themes of my answer are very far from what diamond asked. They don?t have much to do with nat sec vs. economic sec.... so I didn?t want to shredder this thread totally.

So the reason is respect for brother diamond.

"All the money that's being spent on homeland security and we're left stranded. If they want more money for homeland security, we have to be able to work to pay taxes."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&u=/ap/20021122/ap_on_re_us/losing_benefits_3

I don't think that some here really grasp the severity of this economy. Sure, the GOP cites improvement on jobless claims--but these were done using formulas crafted by the Reagan Administration to make unemployment look rosier than what it actually was. Note: the government only cites "claims." Those who drop out of the system and run out of benefits are not included.

The Bush Administration needs to get their head out of the sand and do something about this!

Melon

The level of unemployment today is the same as it was under Bill Clinton in 1995.

STING2 said:
The level of unemployment today is the same as it was under Bill Clinton in 1995.

Imho one mayor problem of the US are the working but still poor people.
There are even ppl. with more than 2 jobs who don't make enough money to feed their family.

I'd guess that those working poors increased in the last years. Do you have statistical informations aobut them?

Klaus

Back
Top Bottom