Modern Day Slavery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I am glad this woman was caught. She paid 2 dollars a day to a woman she kept captive in her house in Colorado for 4 years. To have Slavery in our times is sickening. Especially when these illegal brothels bring young asian woman to work for little or no money and put out for sex to bring in money.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060801/ap_on_re_us/slavery_charges_1

Sarah Khonaizan, 35, a Saudi citizen who lives in suburban Denver, also was ordered on the theft charge to pay $90,000 in restitution and was ordered not to have any contact with the 24-year-old woman.

Last week, a federal judge sentenced Khonaizan to five years' probation and ordered her to pay $26,275 in restitution after pleading guilty to harboring an illegal immigrant.

Not cool. I remember reading in National Geographic about the prevalence of modern day slavery and slave trading. It really upset me. Hard to believe it hasn't been eradicated in the modern world. Insead, it's just more secret. :down:

My sister's friend was basically a slave. She was kept caged and fed only hot dogs. One day she escaped and was discovered wandering the streets barefoot....in a blizzard.

It's so sick, I can barely think about it.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
My sister's friend was basically a slave. She was kept caged and fed only hot dogs. One day she escaped and was discovered wandering the streets barefoot....in a blizzard.

It's so sick, I can barely think about it.

:no:

That is truly disturbing. When, where, how did this happen?

I hope that her life is better now... or not as bad or, well, I hope you know what I mean.

I'm not sure, my sis met her because she was fostered (and I think adopted) by the family of my sis' childhood friend. The girl's mom was messed up and all she cared about was her loser boyfriend, thus putting her child in a cage all day everyday and treating her like a dog, or less, because dogs get to go on walks.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I'm not sure, my sis met her because she was fostered (and I think adopted) by the family of my sis' childhood friend. The girl's mom was messed up and all she cared about was her loser boyfriend, thus putting her child in a cage all day everyday and treating her like a dog, or less, because dogs get to go on walks.

That :censored: woman should be :censored: :censored: :censored: and then :censored: :censored:

silja said:

That :censored: woman should be :censored: :censored: :censored: and then :censored: :censored:

Yep, the put-'em-in-a-cage-in-the-center-of-town-and-poke-'em-with-pins treatment.

It's not even legal to treat a CAT like that, let alone you OWN CHILD?!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom