Minimum Wage Increase Passed In Senate; Now Senate/House Must Compromise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrPryck2U said:
This increase just means that people will have less incentive to work better jobs.

:confused:

Why shouldn't they want to get better jobs anymore?

MrPryck2U said:
This increase just means that people will have less incentive to work better jobs.

As others have already pointed out, this increase is STILL not enough to provide a living wage for any person in this country. We'll still be under the poverty line or forced to work an additional job or two or three to make rent and feed our dependents.

Butterscotch said:
Thanks :hug: But actually I'm fired already. :sigh: I didn't know I was supposed to be the janitor too. They made me do everything gross! I had a very hard time. Well I'll keep looking.:sigh:

:hug: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find another job that doesn't take advantage of you.

No point increasing M wage when a few months down the line tax rises IMO.

If you aren't making enough, the percentage you'd pay in raised taxes won't really matter. The ones making millions and billions would be paying a lot more, the way it's structured. When I made minimum wage, I basically got all my taxes back.

In 2004, 44 million tax filers, or roughly 1 out of 3, paid no Federal Income Tax. That is an increase from 1 out of 4 in 2000 and is a direct result of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for low-income workers and the increasing of the per-child tax credit from $500 to $1000."

Can Bush and a Republican Congress get some credit for once?

INDY500 said:
and is a direct result of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for low-income workers and the increasing of the per-child tax credit from $500 to $1000."

According to who? Why is it they didn't want to take credit when the economy was falling? :huh:

Um, Bush didn't invent the EIC...so no, he doesn't get credit for it.

But I know you knew that...yes they get some credit for raising the child credit.

CTU2fan said:
Um, Bush didn't invent the EIC...so no, he doesn't get credit for it.

But I know you knew that...yes they get some credit for raising the child credit.
:up: You have a good memory. They date from '97.
While the number of tax returns with zero or negative tax liability has risen steadily over the past decade, it accelerated between 2000 and 2004 due to Bush's doubling of the child tax credit during his first term.

ff-20060330.jpg

c'mon, let's get a living wage.. and not just for america, how about the rest of the world also?

redhotswami said:

:hug: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find another job that doesn't take advantage of you.

Thank you :hug: still looking. What a harsh world it is for the broke.

Back
Top Bottom