Mickey Buys Pixar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny how Disney gets rid of Pixar, then complains when their stocks go down, then repurchases Pixar. Repurchase of course comes right after the huge jump on Pixar's ownership stocks.

LittlejDesign said:
Funny how Disney gets rid of Pixar, then complains when their stocks go down, then repurchases Pixar. Repurchase of course comes right after the huge jump on Pixar's ownership stocks.

I think their spat was always over Eisner. He was a very hated man towards the end of his tenure. And the minute Eisner was gone, Pixar was a lot nicer to Disney. Now we finally know how "nice" that relationship is.

Melon

Yeah, it was always a matter of when Eisner would leave, and if it would be before someone else started to flirt.

Anyone read Disney War?

humph. i cant tell the difference between them. one makes cartoons for kids and one makes 'surprisingly sophisticated cartoons in 3D for adults and kids'.... not the finest hour in movie making, methinks.

thats my ill informed rant and im sticking to it.

Kieran McConville said:
humph. i cant tell the difference between them. one makes cartoons for kids and one makes 'surprisingly sophisticated cartoons in 3D for adults and kids'.... not the finest hour in movie making, methinks.

Pixar's main contribution to media history is the fact that they proved that 3D character animation is best marketable when done as unrealistic as possible. Plus, on a technological scale, they invented Pixar Renderman, which pretty much every professional 3D animation studio uses to render their massive 3D projects.

Square-Enix, the Japanese game developer ("Final Fantasy"), on the other hand, showed that the market for realistic 3D character animation is in the video game realm, not in film/TV. Their massive film flop, "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within," is a testament to that.

The significance of both is more interesting when you look at the series of expensive experiments done in the 1990s, and all the massive failures during this decade in everything from CDi to interactive movies.

:sexywink:

Melon

i guess I can appreciate that, I just get sick of the ass-kissing that goes on for stuff like Finding Nemo or whatever... which is basically a kid's kartoon done Disney style medium-rare, except with digital animation. All this effort and for what? And don't get me started on Shrek...

Back
Top Bottom