Michael Reagan calls for murder of 9/11 activist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
WASHINGTON-June 26-National syndicated conservative radio host Michael Reagan called for the murder of a political activist on June 10. Reagan, a frequent guest on cable news shows and the son of former president Ronald Reagan, singled out 9/11 activist Mark Dice by name and called several times for his assasination.

You can find the audio clip here...
FAIR: Talk Show Host Calls for Murder

I don't really want to throw another 9/11 thread out there BUT you've got to hear this guy...it is people like this that really scare me. With all the controversy surrounding Don Imus and his comments why isn't this big news. It really makes me wonder if there isn't a media blackout on 9/11 related stories - here's the son of former president Ronald Reagan calling for the murder of a political activist and there's so little "news" on the subject that it's frightening. I googled Michael Regan on google "news" and came up with a tiny handful of articles. If there is no media blackout then you'd think this would be HUGE news on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and so on. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not advocating Mark Dice or all that he stands for (although I may agree with him on 9/11), I also checked out Mr. Dice and alot of his theories are way out there but to have a national talk show host and the son of Ronald Reagan calling for his murder is downright frightening.

you don't have to advocate someone to find threats of their annihilation disturbing.

I vaguely remember that another Reagan son turned out as semi-sane (Ron?), but this guy sounds like the standard talking-head fare. There's a continuum of guys (and some girls, no doubt) like this, starting with Bill O'Reilly. They are a scary feature of the landscape, as I'm fairly sure they are not joking.

Apart from all that, it's a little boring. 911 was horrible, we can all agree, but the moment when any critique could be silenced by the call to patriotism passed some years ago.

Comparing it to the Imus case you have to consider two things: The Imus story did take some while to really "explode" either, and his remarks came when the media was a bit bored, so they had all the time in the world to concentrate on that story.

Apart from that, I don' think there is a concerted effort to ignore these remarks. Probably they don't see enough potential for the story to develop much further.

Comparing it to the Imus case you have to consider two things: The Imus story did take some while to really "explode" either, and his remarks came when the media was a bit bored, so they had all the time in the world to concentrate on that story.

Apart from that, I don' think there is a concerted effort to ignore these remarks. Probably they don't see enough potential for the story to develop much further.

O.K. but shouldn't charges be laid on this asshole???
You cannot threaten someone's life on a nationally syndicated radio show...or can you?

O.K. but shouldn't charges be laid on this asshole???
You cannot threaten someone's life on a nationally syndicated radio show...or can you?

I really hope you can

one used to be able to say crap like

that bastard should be shot (rhetorically)

we have had cartoonist drawing presidents
hanging from trees since Washington's time

but, in the last few years. especially under the reign of Cheney (the impaler)/ Bush (torture incorporated) anything, can get you a visit from their SS

Just a small correction, the SS didn't do those jobs, it was the Gestapo. :wink:

I guess it's protected under free speech, isn't it?

I really hope you can

one used to be able to say crap like

that bastard should be shot (rhetorically)

we have had cartoonist drawing presidents
hanging from trees since Washington's time

but, in the last few years. especially under the reign of Cheney (the impaler)/ Bush (torture incorporated) anything, can get you a visit from their SS

I guess what your saying is that when it's a death threat against someone in the administration or for that matter someone who the administration admires then look out...but if it's someone who is explicitly against the administration- go ahead and make the threats. Again, with all the outcry over Imus I'm really surprised this hasn't gotten more play????

Although only 4 people commented on this thread I am encouraged that 125 people (so far) have actually read it (and hopefully listened to this maniac's rant on the link).

From the same article:
[q]Reagan subsequently had Dice on his show (6/16/08) as a guest and stated, “I’m sorry for what I said.” As an explanation, Reagan offered, "Sometimes radio hosts we get fired up and angry and we say things that are actually stupid, and we make mistakes."

Reagan's "mistakes," unfortunately, have repeatedly involved advocating murder to his audience. On August 15, 2006, Reagan called for violently killing babies who were reportedly being named for the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and Hezbollah's leader, Hassan Nasrallah: "Naming their children 'Hezbollah.' You know what I’d get 'em for a first birthday? I’d put a grenade up their butts and light it. Happy birthday, baby. Bye bye." In response to a caller who pointed out that children are not responsible for the names they are given, Reagan repeatedly asserted, "So what’s wrong with killing the mothers and the babies?"

On December 5, 2005, Reagan said Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean "should be arrested and hung for treason or put in a hole until the end of the Iraq War." This was in response to Dean's statement (WOAI-AM, 12/5/05) that "the idea that we're going to win this war is just plain wrong."

Reagan's distributor, Radio America, also distributes the G. Gordon Liddy Show. Liddy, a former Nixon aide sent to prison for the Watergate break-in, also has a history of calling for violence over the airwaves, repeatedly advocating that listeners shoot federal law enforcement officials in the head. For example, on August 26, 1994, Liddy told his listeners: "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests...They've got a big target on there, ATF. Don't shoot at that, because they've got a vest. Head shots, head shots...Kill the sons of bitches."[/q]

From the same article:
[q]Reagan subsequently had Dice on his show (6/16/08) as a guest and stated, “I’m sorry for what I said.” As an explanation, Reagan offered, "Sometimes radio hosts we get fired up and angry and we say things that are actually stupid, and we make mistakes."

Reagan's "mistakes," unfortunately, have repeatedly involved advocating murder to his audience. On August 15, 2006, Reagan called for violently killing babies who were reportedly being named for the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and Hezbollah's leader, Hassan Nasrallah: "Naming their children 'Hezbollah.' You know what I’d get 'em for a first birthday? I’d put a grenade up their butts and light it. Happy birthday, baby. Bye bye." In response to a caller who pointed out that children are not responsible for the names they are given, Reagan repeatedly asserted, "So what’s wrong with killing the mothers and the babies?"

On December 5, 2005, Reagan said Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean "should be arrested and hung for treason or put in a hole until the end of the Iraq War." This was in response to Dean's statement (WOAI-AM, 12/5/05) that "the idea that we're going to win this war is just plain wrong."

Reagan's distributor, Radio America, also distributes the G. Gordon Liddy Show. Liddy, a former Nixon aide sent to prison for the Watergate break-in, also has a history of calling for violence over the airwaves, repeatedly advocating that listeners shoot federal law enforcement officials in the head. For example, on August 26, 1994, Liddy told his listeners: "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests...They've got a big target on there, ATF. Don't shoot at that, because they've got a vest. Head shots, head shots...Kill the sons of bitches."[/q]

:eyebrow:

What a charming individual.

"Michael Reagan grew up with his mother, actress Jane Wyman, whose marriage to Ronald Reagan ended in Mike's early childhood."

I understand this as him being the son of Reagan and Jane Wyman, and his parents divorced in early childhood. He then lived with his mother, and Reagan is his biological father.

The other Reagan son is quite liberal leaning, I understand.

Seemingly he has hinted that Poppy wouldn't really approve of the neo-cons.

Anyway, a choice piercing and accurate quote from Ron Reagan Jr:-

“George Bush drifted through most of his life getting handouts basically. Failing in business but always walking away himself with a pile of cash even if his partners and investors took a bath.”

Back
Top Bottom