Michael Moore- Thank you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxFisher

War Child
Thanks so much for your half baked, sophomoric rant aka Farenheit 911. Not only did it offend but also energize the political right in this country, it also compeled me, as a first time voter, to vote for Bush.
Out of gratitude I plan to buy the Farenheit 911 dvd today. Kerry lost but hey, at least your rich dude.
Definetly looking forward to more cinematic works of genius from the blabbering mountain of flesh, Michael Moore.

Last edited:
MaxFisher said:
Thanks so much for your half baked, sophomoric rant aka Farenheit 911. Not only did it offend but also energize the political right in this country, it also compelled me, as a first time voter, to vote for Bush.
Out of gratitude I plan to buy the Farenheit 911 dvd today. Kerry lost but hey, at least your rich dude.
Definetly looking forward to more cinematic works of genius from the blabbering mountain of flesh, Michael Moore.

:up: :lmao: Michael and his followers has actually been labeled as one of the reasons for the Democratic failure, and I can see how it certainly didn't help them.

While you're at it, I would like to thank the Swift Boat Veterans. If it wasn't for your deep seated hatred that has festered in your bodies for the past 30 years, you never would have been motivated to lie so blatantly -- even denying your own medals -- to bring down a true war hero. Cool.

And thanks to Zell Miller for being a pitiful excuse of a human being and disgracing the democratic party he claims to be a part of. He should go crawl back into the hole he came from.

The voting shows hicks all around the country share in his ignorance.

<sarcasm>
And don't forget - fighting in Iraq is fighting the war on terror! 54% of the voters said so! Bush and Cheney said it, so it must be true!
</sarcasm>

Hawk269 said:
And thanks to Zell Miller for being a pitiful excuse of a human being and disgracing the democratic party he claims to be a part of. He should go crawl back into the hole he came from.

<sarcasm>
And don't forget - fighting in Iraq is fighting the war on terror! 54% of the voters said so! Bush and Cheney said it, so it must be true!
</sarcasm>

I am so angry that this may be my last post in FYM for awhile, but I have to say I agree with this.

Ok, i have a question. Why is the "all these hicks" card being played today? I really cannot grasp this. Is it because southern states voted for Bush? And all southerners are dumb hicks?
Thats a weak argument dont you think?
As for Mr. Moore, his goal was not realized, but his movie made lots of money.

I guess anyone who voted for Bush is an ingnorant hick. The other, more enlightened 49% must really be miserable having to live with us morons.

Hawk269 said:

Perhaps if you desire to learn, you would discover why the country shifted further to the right in this election. You can claim intellecual superiority - dismissing the rest as "hicks". Or, you could consider that there are things in this world you don't know.

The only ignorance here is that of the closed mind.

i am guessing it is the values and religious based votes that is generating 'hicks' comments.

i dont agree with it. i agree with the spirit but such comments are misdirected.

kobayashi said:
i am guessing it is the values and religious based votes that is generating 'hicks' comments.

i dont agree with it. i agree with the spirit but such comments are misdirected.

Not really. Just take a look at which states are red on the map.

Hawk269 said:

Not really. Just take a look at which states are red on the map.

take the five boroughs out of new york state's total, and new york is red.

in fact, staten island went for bush, and long island is a virtual tie.

newyorkstate.jpg

bush won the popular vote by 3.5 million... certainly, those are not all "stupid southern hicks."

Last edited:
I am originally from West Virginia. No State in the US is considered more "hick" than WV. Although WV did vote for Bush this time and last traditionally they have always voted for the Dems. Including both Senators and the Governor.

This country voted for Bush based on his strong leadership and moral character. Get over it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

bush won the popular vote by 3.5 million... certainly, those are not all "stupid southern hicks."

You're right. Not all. But most of them are. The rest are the ignorant people who live in the cities.

There are quite a few ignorant people in this country. You ever notice that? Look at the crap that prospers on TV. Who is watching that crud?

I am tired of being nice about the stupidity of Americans. I will no longer hold back. I'm just going to tell it like it is and if you don't like it, too damn bad. I will exercise my right to free speech, because it's all I have left now that I live in this Republican dominated country, full of ideologues and right-wing maniacs who try to impose their religious will on everyone else, as if this were the political equivalent of the Crusades.

I may have the dissenting opinion, but you will surely hear it in the years to come.

AJ

Hawk269 said:

You're right. Not all. But most of them are. The rest are the ignorant people who live in the cities.

There are quite a few ignorant people in this country. You ever notice that? Look at the crap that prospers on TV. Who is watching that crud?

I am tired of being nice about the stupidity of Americans. I will no longer hold back. I'm just going to tell it like it is and if you don't like it, too damn bad. I will exercise my right to free speech, because it's all I have left now that I live in this Republican dominated country, full of ideologues and right-wing maniacs who try to impose their religious will on everyone else, as if this were the political equivalent of the Crusades.

AJ

If you are on a crusade against stupidity, you are not helping yourself with your gross generalizations and otherwise ignorant statements.

Hawk269 said:

<sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

Now this is a truly ignorant post.

OK, I'm defending AJ here because I got pissed last night about this. They kept talking about the Christian vote for morality that went toward Bush. Since when did CHRISTIAN morality become the defining factor on who to vote for? I was on the subway today with Hasidic Jews and guys in turbans -- people that would be discriminated against outside of this city because of the way they look and who they are. How many times did we have to hear Bush repeat after 9/11 that not all Muslims are terrorists?

AJ and I take it personally. I'm Catholic, he's Jewish and next year we're getting married. And in this Christian-dominated society, we will not be fully accepted by people outside of New York City. I know, I lived for four years in Columbia, Mo. I know the difference between Missouri and New York. I know there is only one synagogue for 100,000 people -- only one -- in Missouri. I know I never saw a Hasidic Jew in Columbia in the four years I was there and I know if I did, it would be suspicious. I watched students at the Univ. of Missouri try to add sexual orientation to the school's non-discrimination clause only to fail because Missouri citizens thought it would be better to push their anti-gay bias onto the school's curators than to let students decide what is best for the students.

I have lived in both small town and big city America. There is more discrimination in the white-majority Midwest than there is in a non-racial dominate city like New York. Before you start making generalizations, live in both places for a year and tell me what you find.

Are Bill and Hillary from a southern state? How about Jimmy Carter? Surely then none of you guys that are calling people from the south ignorant hicks ever voted for Bill or Jimmy and won't vote for Hillary should she get the nomination in 2008.

Elvis Presley said:
Ok, i have a question. Why is the "all these hicks" card being played today? I really cannot grasp this. Is it because southern states voted for Bush? And all southerners are dumb hicks?
Thats a weak argument dont you think?
As for Mr. Moore, his goal was not realized, but his movie made lots of money.

Elvis, it is becaues that is the only thing people know how to do when they can't really make a case. They hurl insults.

So here's to all the "hick"-haters in the forum......

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FRIGGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

sharky said:
OK, I'm defending AJ here because I got pissed last night about this. They kept talking about the Christian vote for morality that went toward Bush. Since when did CHRISTIAN morality become the defining factor on who to vote for? I was on the subway today with Hasidic Jews and guys in turbans -- people that would be discriminated against outside of this city because of the way they look and who they are. How many times did we have to hear Bush repeat after 9/11 that not all Muslims are terrorists?

I understand where you are coming from. However, people vote based on their values. A sizable group base their values on Christian doctrine. I think we are creating an unfair dual standard to say that they (Bible-belt Christians) should not vote based on their values, but we can.

nbcrusader said:
I understand where you are coming from. However, people vote based on their values. A sizable group base their values on Christian doctrine. I think we are creating an unfair dual standard to say that they (Bible-belt Christians) should not vote based on their values, but we can.

That's fine. I understand that. But what about Jews in this country and Muslims? What about people who don't believe in God? It's one thing to vote using your values as a guide -- I did the same thing but you shouldn't use your values to discriminate the minority voice. That's why this election feels different. It's not just that people voted based on values, it's that these values seem to have given people free reign to do whatever they want now regardless of the minority.

Since we are rehashing stuff from other threads and Mr. Moore is long forgotten, I'll close this thread to continue the hick and religious-right put-downs elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom