Michael Moore looses again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That addition to the billboard is so ironic it makes the point more poignant. That's hilarious.

all_i_want said:
frankly, i can not say fighting to kick out invaders out of your country is wrong. ijust cant blame a nation under occupation for fighting back. the problem arises from the methods they use. kidnappings, bombings of civilian targets etc.

but then, just to play the devil's advocate here, how far would YOU go if US was under occupation, say, by iraq ? :|

you're assuming the "insurgents" are all Iraqis. Some are, some aren't.

Iraq has been occupied for most of it's modern history.

Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore looses again!

STING2 said:

More pathetic attempts to marginalize what 8 million people did in Iraq two weeks ago and what coalition troops including my best friend who just got back from Iraq, have accomplished.

Tariq Ali can join Michael Moore in the looser column. Iraq is going to succeed in becoming a strong democracy, so both should be prepared for more disappointment in the years to come.
fucking hilarious. you want to know how big of a fan of fundamentalism your president is? he attacked the most secular government in the middle east! if "president" bush showed up on the iraqi ballots, do you really think he would win? i think not!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore looses again!

earthshell said:
fucking hilarious. you want to know how big of a fan of fundamentalism your president is? he attacked the most secular government in the middle east! if "president" bush showed up on the iraqi ballots, do you really think he would win? i think not!!

The degree to which Saddam's Iraq was secular was irrelevant to the need to remove Saddam from power. I'm sure if Bush and Moore were the only candidates, Bush would win in a landslide in an Iraqi election.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore looses again!

STING2 said:
I'm sure if Bush and Moore were the only candidates, Bush would win in a landslide in an Iraqi election.
Let's hope so. Based on his quote about the insurgents being the Minutemen and the REVOLUTION, I'm under the assumption that he wanted the Ba'ath party in Iraq to win. Poor Michael Moore. He must be miserable right now.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore looses again!

STING2 said:
The degree to which Saddam's Iraq was secular was irrelevant to the need to remove Saddam from power. I'm sure if Bush and Moore were the only candidates, Bush would win in a landslide in an Iraqi election.
the need? ha! we would be a much more unified country had we not gone in there and invaded them. bush would beat moore in any place other than fundamentalism country aka jesusland? that is great! but no, michael moore would support those who bush is attacking and you know it. the majority of iraq is fed up with your shitty president. you know how much they care for bush and his religious war? nada. bush is only in on this to convert the middle east to his religion. the man they elected is going to establish islam as the official state religion. suck on that, mr bush.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore looses again!

earthshell said:
the need? ha! we would be a much more unified country had we not gone in there and invaded them. bush would beat moore in any place other than fundamentalism country aka jesusland? that is great! but no, michael moore would support those who bush is attacking and you know it. the majority of iraq is fed up with your shitty president. you know how much they care for bush and his religious war? nada. bush is only in on this to convert the middle east to his religion. the man they elected is going to establish islam as the official state religion. suck on that, mr bush.

If you don't understand the need to remove Saddam then you might be ignorant of the things Saddam had done in the region that seriously impacted the region and the world and why he was required by the UN to verifiably disarm of all WMD or face renewed military action.

Michael Moore's plan for Iraq was simply to not get involved which meant leaving Saddam in power. This plan would do nothing to help the Iraqi people and would mean their continued enslavement under Saddam's regime for decades to come.

The Majority of Iraq came out for elections a couple of weeks ago, elections that have only been possible because the United States and other members states of the UN removed Saddam from power. The Majority of Iraqi's want the USA and othe coalition troops to stay in the country to help rebuild it after decades of Saddam's brutal rule. Thousands of Iraqi's risk their lives every day along side coalition troops fighting the terrorist in order to build a prosperous, secure, democratic country. The minority that want Saddam back in power are the remenents of his old hardcore followers, members of Saddams Republican Guard and foreign terrorist now allied with them.

The WAR has NOTHING to do with religion and happened because of Saddam's failure to comply with the conditions of the 1991 Gulf War Ceacefire Agreement and Saddam's failure to comply with 17 UN Security Council Resolutions.

Zoomerang96 said:
blah blah blah.

a broken record.

Sometimes you have to pound the truth into people who write shit like this:

"the majority of iraq is fed up with your shitty president. you know how much they care for bush and his religious war? nada. bush is only in on this to convert the middle east to his religion. the man they elected is going to establish islam as the official state religion. suck on that, mr bush."

That paragraph contains more BS per square inch than anything I've ever read. Ever.

it's actually called a point of view.

if you have such a hard time accepting it, i recommend continueing to shut out other opinions.

Zoomerang96 said:
it's actually called a point of view.

if you have such a hard time accepting it, i recommend continueing to shut out other opinions.

Really, like this?

"blah blah blah."

"a broken record"

Earthshell/Zoomerang - let's see your case. Your points are nothing more than religion-bashing nonsense. Blaming every decision President Bush makes on "theofacism" is beyond laughable. Why don't you present something relevant so we can have a discussion.

oil. money. daddy bush.

this is a meaningless war over saddam attempting to assassinate sr. bush, and dubya used 9/11 so carelessly to bullshit us into it. iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. saudi arabia has nearly everything to do with it. we should all be ashamed to have such a filthy liar as a president. thinking he could make up for a fucked up economy by going into war was utter foolishness. damn straight he had more than one reason, but it's not over un resolutions, that's all bullshit that the neocons are using to justify it. speaking of the un, this war violated the international law because of "regime change" being an excuse. there has been more terrorism from the us into iraq than the middle east to the us. period. if kerry was right about anything, it's that this war has costed us a number of faithful allies that could have been with us when we actually needed the help. let's use france-bashing as a means to drill hate within our country. the british people hate us. we've drilled hate into their own country, we divided them over it.

the pre-emptive war concept was used by hitler himself, claiming to prevent attacks on germany. we all know that's bullshit too. this war is creating new terrorists, believe it or not. osama not only is alive and well, he's gotta be off doing his business because we chose to ignore him. this war is a waste of money and an abuse of power. the only way to get the money back is to use iraqi oil to pay for it. our own country is fucked up as it is, why did we need to fuck up iraq more than it was? saddam was no threat to the us, he didn't do shit to us until we got in the way of his business with iran. ever since the end of the first gulf war, he hasn't done a thing to us. there was no connection between al-quaida and saddam. if iraq made wmd's, we would have proof of it, simple as that. it didn't even help the goddamn economy, in fact, it caused another recession. bush got us in this to take our eyes off of what a shitty job he's doing within our own country.

drhark said:
Lay off the dope, dude
Give the man a little credit, at least he's not striking out with this anymore:

Originally posted by earthshell

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore looses again!

[that is great! but no, michael moore would support those who bush is attacking and you know it. the majority of iraq is fed up with your shitty president.

Just a ? but have you ever been to Iraq and talked to people on the streets? Or do you get your Iraq news from media matters and CNN? I for one am on the streets of Mosul almost every day trying to help the Iraqi National Guard protext the people of the city. The majority of the popuation does not support the insurgecy. Further I have not seen one civilian on the streets "converted" to anything he did want to be. I don't mind people dissenting and stating thier opions but at least try to get the facts straight before you do. I'm not trying to be degrading or insulting either, it just makes me feel as if the friends I have lost over here are tossed aside by people who don't know the facts of the matter. We are making a difference here, It will be a better place than it was under Saddam.

Back
Top Bottom