MERGED: The Last 72 Hours: ALL U.S. Election-Related Posting (COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT OK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry doesn't win if he doesn't have 270 electoral votes or more, even if he has more votes than Bush. For example, if the final result was 269 Kerry - 268 Bush, the House of Representatives get to elect the President.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yeah it did just change...

I got yesterday's results as well when I saw namkcuR's post.

The annoying thing with Electoral-Vote.com is that they change polls each day. Thus, you get different methodologies for the same state on different days. Yesterday, Ohio was in Kerry's camp and Florida was barely in Kerry's column. Today, Ohio is in Bush's camp and Florida is in Kerry's column.

GibsonExplorer said:
Kerry doesn't win if he doesn't have 270 electoral votes or more, even if he has more votes than Bush. For example, if the final result was 269 Kerry - 268 Bush, the House of Representatives get to elect the President.
and who do u think the house would vote for?:sexywink:

nbcrusader said:

I got yesterday's results as well when I saw namkcuR's post.

The annoying thing with Electoral-Vote.com is that they change polls each day. Thus, you get different methodologies for the same state on different days. Yesterday, Ohio was in Kerry's camp and Florida was barely in Kerry's column. Today, Ohio is in Bush's camp and Florida is in Kerry's column.

It *is* annoying, and enough to make me say "to hell with the polls, the one at the ballot box is the only one that matters".

diamond said:

i thought mr baw was undecided one week ago:eyebrow: :wink:
please explain.

db9

There are 4 registered voters in my household...I didn't say which ones actually voted :wink:

I'll be voting once I get home from work.

I still don't know who to vote for, I still don't like either candidate. But as someone I work with told me, if you don't vote, then don't complain. So....

I'll be choosing the lesser of the two evils, once I figure out which one is which.

Sorry if this sounds depressing, but I'm just venting a bit

Last edited:
Pearl said:
I'll be choosing the lesser of the two evils, once I figure out which one is which.

Sorry if this sounds depressing, but I'm just venting a bit

I think you have captured the sentiments of the majority with your statement.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
did my part... voted bush president, schumer senator... a registered republican voting for a dem :shocked: i don't believe it

Kerry and Schumer for me.... wouldve voted Nader for President if it couldve made a shred of difference.....

make your choice america... turd sandwich? or giant douche?

808_img_10.jpg

808_img_11.jpg

vote or die
808_img_07.jpg

Okay, timezones people - I got 6:00 AM here, when will they start projecting figures, how many hours left until they can start telling if its going to be lawsuit city or a clear winner 12?

Right, I shall return in a few hours, I have to do an exam for which I have a crippling blue crack disadvantage.

Just got back from voting. It was a good time to do it--I voted in maybe 2 minutes. But my area is still on the old-fashioned voting machines and I've used them several times before, so I didn't need any instructions.

There were 3 precinct workers (the old people), a voting machine technician, and 2 or 3 watchdogs from one of the independent organizations (I forget which one). There were more workers than voters when I was there! PLUS a state trooper and a city police officer!!!

Anyway, big shocker who I voted for. ;) I called my sister in Bloomsburg (she goes to the University there, about an hour away) and she said she voted (paper ballot), no problems. Her first election--and I got her registered! I'm so proud!!!

this could be crap, and it probably is. here are some numbers..........got them from andrewsullivan.com; I believe he got them from wonkette.com

Don't know how they got them, and like I said, they're probably crap, but they're numbers.

Kerry - Bush
AZ 45-55
CO 48-51
LA 42-57
MI 51-48
WI 52-48
PA 60-40
OH 52-48
FL 51-48
MICH 51-47
NM 50-48
MINN 58-40
WISC 52-43
IOWA 49-49
NH 57-41

yeah, but those numbers look almost too good to be true. No way am I going to let myself get excited yet. I guess there's no way to tell if those #s are accurate, so they really don't mean much.

here's to hoping, though.

I just got home from voting. I had to stand in line for 20 minutes. Earlier, my parents had to stand in line for a solid hour. We have never seen anything like this. I think it's fantastic. It's really cool to see people really giving a damn, not being a bunch of Jack Milquetoasts. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom