MERGED: The Last 72 Hours: ALL U.S. Election-Related Posting (COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT OK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nbcrusader said:
Funny how some see only one side to divisiveness....

I don't think Bush is that divisive.

He's united most of the rest of the world, frankly. Too bad it's against him.

nbcrusader said:

Good thing he's not running for head of the UN or EU.

Has it ever occurred to you (and other anti-UN people) that the rest of the world may have a REASON for hating bush? people all around the world support kerry 4-1. i think they're on to something, not just a whim.

I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me....

Actually, I'll work on changing the world in me a little later. Now, however, it's time to change the world. The day has come to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! I'm gonna pull that lever with everything I've got. Cheers mateys!

Latest electoral vote:

Kerry: 298
Bush: 231

:madspit:

Tucker Carlson called it for Kerry.
Pat Buchanan did also.
Andrew Sullivan and Hitchens did so as well.
Mark Steyn promises us all to resign if Kerry wins (gosh, Christmas does come twice a year).

What are they all doing, trying to cover their ass at the 11th hour?

Last edited:
:dance:

I had a dream last night I actually remembered, and I almost never remember my dreams:

John Kerry won; and it was great. A new day for America...never having to listen to that moron Bush ever again.

you know what? I think my dream has chance of coming true.

W: I hear McDonald's is hiring.

you might want to send your resume there; that way, you can get a dose of reality once your ass is beaten tommorrow.

*lets the fireworks begin*

I will be quoting you on this should Bush win - Lies damn lies and statistics my friends, it isn't over until it's over.

Re: If the US Presidential, is super close, will either party accept it?

Flying FuManchu said:

We have a new election that from all indications could be close if not even way closer than the last election. The swing states appear to be the deciding factor. If Bush or Kerry won the election by a close margin with several swing states showing ties (the candidate wins the state by a really close margin e.g couple hundred to a few thousand votes), do you believe the losing candidate (maybe your candidate) should demand recounts in all those really close states or sue for recounts (some states by law maybe might not allow for a recount)?

IMO if the race is super close like that, I believe the losing candidate should just concede and accept the final results IMO, even if the above possibilty happens. What does everyone else think?

Ask for a recount if it was strong evidence that there was irregularities in the counting or voting machines. If the administration refuse to do a recount, provide proof of irregularities, or reasonable doubt about the accuracy of voting machines. You can always try to make petition of recounting, with or without court involvement in it. In winner takes all system casting vote is important regardless of numbers. Problems could be with voting technology that leave no paper trail in case of dispute over result. If the ghost votes-deceased people who are somehow still made it to the registry- consistently used in most states, --most likely by early voting-- and it lean toward a certain candidate, it probably enough to swing a winner :lol:

seriously though, elections monitoring is crucial in this elections, probably more than ever, to check the counting process and voters registry, and also if there was election offenses and violations attempting to manipulate result. ever tried parallel vote counting? it works well to deter fraud of election result.

FA

Re: W: I hear McDonald's is hiring.

JOFO said:
you might want to send your resume there; that way, you can get a dose of reality once your ass is beaten tommorrow.

*lets the fireworks begin*

Would you like freedom fries with that?

Heheh, I'd like to see Bush win just to shut up my annoying Democrat friends who just go with JK because he's not Bush. I tend to see people with no idea about polotics favouring Kerry, hmm :huh:

Canadiens1160 said:
Heheh, I'd like to see Bush win just to shut up my annoying Democrat friends who just go with JK because he's not Bush. I tend to see people with no idea about polotics favouring Kerry, hmm :huh:

:rolleyes:

Oh goodie more generalizations.:| Nothing like educated responses like this to make your point.

Canadiens1160 said:

They want Kerry to win because he's not Bush.

You want Bush to win to shut up your friends/he's not Kerry.

Is this not the same thing?? :crack:

anitram said:
Tucker Carlson called it for Kerry.
Pat Buchanan did also.
Andrew Sullivan and Hitchens did so as well.
Mark Steyn promises us all to resign if Kerry wins (gosh, Christmas does come twice a year).

What are they all doing, trying to cover their ass at the 11th hour?

Eh well, as much of a right wing nutjob Buchanan is with respect to most any politically-charged issue, he has as of late been taking the Bush administration to task as it relates to the neocons highjacking the GOP and their long-held plan to invade Iraq. Even Buchanan understands that much.

Paleocon Buchanan is a isolationist conservative wanker (in the same mould of America First), the concept of invading Iraq and installing a democracy of sorts is a neocon agenda, this administration is radical in many of its foreign policy areas and it's pursuit of an interventionist liberal goal with an emphasis on maintaining an agressive policy against radical Islam should be applauded.

Last edited:
Is the man not an isolationist conservative wanker?

ISOLATIONIST: "We believe "independence forever." We will reclaim every lost ounce of American sovereignty. We will lead this country out of the WTO, out of the IMF, and I will personally tell Kofi Annan: Your UN lease has run out; you will be moving out of the United States, and if you are not gone by year's end, I will send you ten thousand Marines to help you pack your bags." - From his Reform Party acceptance speech [8/14/00]

CONSERVATIVE: "Homosexuality is not a civil right. Its rise almost always is accompanied, as in the w:Weimar Republic, with a decay of society and a collapse of its basic cinder block, the family." - From w:New Republic [3/30/92]

WANKER: * "...an individual of great courage...Hitler's success was not based on his extraordinary gifts alone. His genius was an intuitive sense of the mushiness, the character flaws, the weakness masquerading as morality that was in the hearts of the statesmen who stood in his path." - From a 1977 syndicated column as reported by w:The Guardian [1/14/92]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom