MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My God. :crazy: This is the worst school shooting in US history! It just keeps getting worse and worse. What's going on with America's youth??? How can parents raise their kids safely in this country? :sad:

My prayers are with unico, U2dem and everyone affected. :hug:

Hopefully, better sense will prevail in future and security in all campuses across the country will be tightened.

thanks again everyone for your support. i've been on some news programs already. i've been saying yes to everyone who asks. i'm doing my best to tell the world how wonderful a guy ryan was. so far i've been on:

c-tv (canada)
reuters
cnn
tbs

he died serving his community. doing what he loved best.

:hug: and prayers for Mia and Laura, and for all those affected by this horrible tragedy.

I'm so sorry this happened. :(

It is good for you to talk about it

I have been watching CNN

they have had a student Erin (female with shaved head) that was in the German class where most of the students were shot,
on a few times

Last edited:
watching some of the news coverage, i am quite impressed with the VT students themselves. they are calm, collected, articulate, and not at all hysterical, in direct contrast to some of the news media. they are a credit to the university, which is one of the finest in the country.

Ok

CNN just had a picture of Ryan Clark up

nice kid in a tux

I just got hit with a wave of emotions and anger

it will not be easy once these kids' pictures and stories start to get out.

a horrible tragedy . my prayers are with all the family and friends who are suffering now.
unico and U2dem , my heart goes out to you .

deep said:
Ok

CNN just had a picture of Ryan Clark up

nice kid in a tux

I just got hit with a wave of emotions and anger

it will not be easy once these kids' pictures and stories start to get out.

yeah...but that is an old pic! that is from high school i think. that's okay though.

it was the cnn broadcast where i broke down. they made me show what i wrote on the VT board.

Irvine511 said:
they are calm, collected, articulate, and not at all hysterical, in direct contrast to some of the news media. they are a credit to the university, which is one of the finest in the country.

:up:

I've noticed this, as well...they're reminders that real people are involved, not just convenient statistics. This whole episode is all so sad and needless...I'm stuck for words. If I had someone involved, I'd be desperately heartbroken. It's hard to find any meaning behind such an act. Maybe it's just a random act of a crazed individual, nothing more. The easy access to weapons in the US really bothers me, and that may have played a part, but maybe that's a thread for another day.

U2Girl1978 said:

Was Ryan the RA?

yeah, he died doing his job. he was such a great guy. i'm proud of him and i'm missing him.

my dad drove down here. he surprised me! i'm gonna hang with him tonight. i have an awesome daddy.

goodnight everyone. i'll come back with updates tomorrow as i hear them, especially after the convocation. i hear they're gonna talk about how to finish out the rest of the semester after this.

please continue to pray for us and keep us in your thoughts and hearts.

thanks for all your support :hug:

Irvine511 said:
watching some of the news coverage, i am quite impressed with the VT students themselves. they are calm, collected, articulate, and not at all hysterical, in direct contrast to some of the news media. they are a credit to the university, which is one of the finest in the country.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing.

So surreal for me to see these images after so many years of this place that is so deeply imprinted in me.

unico said:

my dad drove down here. he surprised me! i'm gonna hang with him tonight. i have an awesome daddy.

That's great he's there for you. :hug:

unico said:

yeah, he died doing his job. he was such a great guy. i'm proud of him and i'm missing him.

goodnight everyone. i'll come back with updates tomorrow as i hear them, especially after the convocation. i hear they're gonna talk about how to finish out the rest of the semester after this.

Oh no. :sad:

I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself. :hug:

I'm so glad to hear your dad's with you tonight, Mia. :hug:

Thanks for all the information you've provided us today.

I hope you sleep well.

You have my continued prayers. :hug: :pray:

Mia and Laura, I'll be thinking of you two and your friends. Arizona prays and mourns with you. :sad: :hug:

It was interesting, I was talking to mia on AIM while watching her on CNN...definitely a somewhat light moment.

It's incredible how the whole world is coming together for this...I don't think the scope has quite sunk in yet...seeing my beloved Governor Kaine on the front page of Yahoo news, Brian Williams in Blacksburg, front page headlines from the BBC about Tech...it's all too close to home.

Our provost just sent out an email before the end of the day to say that our campus will be organizing some sort of memorial event this week and that our pres will be sending an official letter of condolence to yours. Very sad day for Virginia. :(

:hug: Mia. I'm glad your daddy is there for you. Stay safe.

unico said:

Oh thank god your with someone that can comfort you. I was hoping you would have someone there that was close to you. It doens't get any better than your day being with you.

One for you :hug: and one for day:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom