MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:
I think it is bizarre that 60 people are killed/injured by one person.

I was thinking some of those injuries might include people jumping from windows, trampling, etc. Not sure though.

deep said:

" the massacre may have been sparked by a romance gone wrong with the gunman hunting down his girlfriend."

I think this is more about a "romance gone wrong" (from the shooter's perspective)

yeah, that was actually the first thing i was told about it from my supervior. the 2nd thing was about my student. i don't understand why he would open fire on a classroom if he was upset with his gf.

oktobergirl said:
CNN keeps reporting how this is a horrible time for the country and the world all I can think about is it's a horrible time for the families, and the people at that school.

I can understand why this resonates more with most people

there is less detachment from the daily reports of scores of innocent being killed -> over there

It is always the worse thing imaginable
for the bereaved families and loved ones

the feeling is like having your guts ripped out

and living in a would of only gray tones
with no music, no beauty and no likelihood of ever having any normalcy back

unico said:
yeah, that was actually the first thing i was told about it from my supervior. the 2nd thing was about my student. i don't understand why he would open fire on a classroom if he was upset with his gf.

we have seen things like this before

after he killed her

he believed his life was over
and he had no desire to go on

he was hurting?
and he wanted to inflict some hurt back

why that building? was he a student there?

Usually I try not to jump into the speculation game

I know we all want to make as much sense of this as possible

I still believe there may be a lot more answers? in the next couple of days

U2democrat said:
I just found out that a friend of mine is in critical condition after having been shot in the chest...I'm shaking right now...

:sad: :hug:

unico said:
I'm hoping more info comes out soon. I think it is bizarre that 60 people are killed/injured by one person.

"Sky also reported one witness describing a gunman wearing a vest with an "ungodly" amount of ammunition, firing at will."

We need more information.

I hope there are cameras that captured much of what happened.

I believe England has many public cameras that shed light on these types of incidents.

unico said:
i think i need to lie down for a bit...ill post more updates later. i can't do anymore right now.

I am sure you are in some form of shock.

Here are some things you can do.

Do lie down.

Breath a lot of fresh air.

Get in contact with loved ones, hug them.

And don't be afraid to get some professional counseling in the next few days to help you process this most tragic and senseless event.

U2democrat said:
I just found out that a friend of mine is in critical condition after having been shot in the chest...I'm shaking right now...

Sorry to hear that Laura. Hang in there.:(

2.gif

U2democrat said:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I have no words for you, but I'm thinking of you and your friend. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm very sorry to hear that. That's a tremendous tragedy.

I'm sorry for all the victims, their relatives and friends.

:hug:'s to Mia and Laura!

I hope the situation clears up soon and that the injured people will survive.

My best wishes and condolences to all that are involved.

deep said:

And don't be afraid to get some professional counseling in the next few days to help you process this most tragic and senseless event.

:up:

chances are, there might be some form of PTSD you're going to have to deal with in the coming weeks. do not, for a second, hesitate to get some form of professional help.

am glad you are safe.

I just flicked on my pc and saw this story. I couldn't believe my eyes -- I mean I could, but I couldn't either. Just so many people.... :sad:

unico and u2democrat -- I'm especially thinking of you and your friends. :hug:

Our family is praying for you and your friend U2Democrat - and everyone else touched by this HORRIBLE tragedy.

Gutwrenching...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom