MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2002, 08:50 AM   #81
Bad Daddy Johnny

Local Time: 12:36 PM
It's Columbus Day(Observed), I wonder if he recognizes federal holidays.

Old 10-14-2002, 09:10 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:36 PM

I was surprised that there were still a lot of tourists and locals in DC over the weekend.

It sounds strange, but people here have been advised to walk in a zigzag manner and in dark areas to make it difficult for you to be targetted by the sniper. Well, just the other day, we heard that someone was mugged while jogging in a dark area. You just don't know what to do anymore.

I guess going home immediately after work or school is the best thing right now.

Old 10-14-2002, 10:47 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Sniper May Have Struck in Fairfax

From The Washington Post
Monday, October 14, 2002; 10:22 PM

A woman was shot in the parking lot of a Home Depot store in the Seven Corners area of Fairfax County, police officials said. It was not clear late this evening if the woman was the latest victim of the sniper who has killed eight people and wounded two others in the Washington area since the shooting spree began Oct. 2. The woman's condition was not immediately known tonight.

But police swarmed to the area of the shooting and began closing down roads in the area, including Routes 7 and 50 and Interstate 395 in a dragnet similar to the one that followed Friday morning's fatal shooting at a gas station in Spotsylvania County.

Since the shooting spree began with five fatal shootings in a 16-hour span in Montgomery County, sniper shootings have occurred in Northwest Washington and in Prince George's, Prince William and Spotsylvania counties.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:23 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Sniper May Have Struck in Fairfax

From The Washington Post
Monday, October 14, 2002; 10:22 PM

A woman was shot in the parking lot of a Home Depot store in the Seven Corners area of Fairfax County, police officials said. It was not clear late this evening if the woman was the latest victim of the sniper who has killed eight people and wounded two others in the Washington area since the shooting spree began Oct. 2. The woman's condition was not immediately known tonight.

But police swarmed to the area of the shooting and began closing down roads in the area, including Routes 7 and 50 and Interstate 395 in a dragnet similar to the one that followed Friday morning's fatal shooting at a gas station in Spotsylvania County.

Since the shooting spree began with five fatal shootings in a 16-hour span in Montgomery County, sniper shootings have occurred in Northwest Washington and in Prince George's, Prince William and Spotsylvania counties.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT!!

she was killed in the parking garage at the home depot.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:12 AM   #85
Kid A

yeah, close to home this time

there was a lot of optimism today that they would get this fucking piece of shit very soon, but now he's struck again and it looks like he's gone without a trace, once more...
Old 10-15-2002, 01:35 AM   #86
Kid A

god, this poor woman was walking out of the store with her husband, apparently she died in his arms
Old 10-15-2002, 01:50 AM   #87
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:36 AM
This is unbelievable. Its like a nightmare come true or something. I hope to god there is a way found soon to catch him.
But then, how do you catch someone you cannot even see?

Its all so fucked.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:40 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:36 PM
crys

PLEASE let this end soon.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:15 AM   #89
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:36 AM
So much senseless, unjustifiable violence

I pray that the sniper/s are caught soon and brought to justice.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims and to the people who live in the area who can't walk the streets freely.

The world seems to be getting totally out of control.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:24 AM   #90
Acrobat

Well..I heard that there was a report this morning of an eyewitness to the actual shooting this time....but so far I haven't heard confirmation...

They picked up some guy in Baltimore over the week-end. It doesn't look like he's our guy because they were holding him for questioning when the last incident happened...but this guy had automatic weapons and sniper's manuals and a van full of police radios and scanners....even if he's not our guy I'm glad they are aware of this man. He bears watching...and he might be involved with what's going on... Who knows? We'll wait and see.

The idea that the Montgomery CO Police were almost dismissive of this last guy makes me wonder if perhaps they don't have another suspect already in mind?

dream wanderer
Old 10-15-2002, 08:26 AM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Old 10-15-2002, 09:57 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

This is very sad and scary. I thought maybe he would lay low since he had been seen. How sick can you get? No one is safe, and that's the worst feeling.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #93
Acrobat

oh my God...

how is this happening
please let this person be caught, please
Old 10-17-2002, 02:04 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

How stupid is this guy that lied about witnessing the shooting? What. an. idiot.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
How stupid is this guy that lied about witnessing the shooting? What. an. idiot.

what a dumb ass. he was inside Home Depot and not in the parking lot! idiot!!!!

now this is interesting:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- United States investigators intend to question al Qaeda detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and elsewhere to see if they have any information about the sniper attacks in the Washington area, government sources said Thursday.

here is the full story
Old 10-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #96
War Child

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Has anyone seen any news on the net about the Black Panthers getting involved?
Someone mentioned to me they held a press conference and anounced that they would take to the streets and protect civilians and capture the sniper themselves.
I've found one little paragraph from cnn.com but nothing else, and I'm quite intrigues by this.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:38 PM   #97
War Child

Local Time: 09:36 AM
perhaps another one, Ashland Va.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/...ngs/index.html
Old 10-19-2002, 10:49 PM   #98
Kid A

seems like it was the sniper, working his way south... good news though, they anticipate that the victim will live
Old 10-20-2002, 12:12 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Bastards!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2002, 01:39 PM   #100
The Fly

I have been to that Ponderosa lots of times ever since I was a baby. This is the creepiest thing I've ever had happen to me. There were cops all over and all the exits in Richmond got blocked off. Nobody could get out of King's Dominion the theme park. The whole interstate got blocked up for miles and they still didn't catch him. He must have took a back road and he must have hid his truck and had an escape plan. The cops blocked everything off right away so he had to get away though the woods. Now he is close to where I live and I am afraid to go outside. We don't know where he is! The guy he shot is still alive at least that's good. They say he's a traveler that got off the interstate to eat.