MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is very sad and scary. I thought maybe he would lay low since he had been seen. How sick can you get? No one is safe, and that's the worst feeling.:(

meegannie said:
How stupid is this guy that lied about witnessing the shooting? :mad: What. an. idiot.

what a dumb ass. he was inside Home Depot and not in the parking lot! idiot!!!!

now this is interesting:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- United States investigators intend to question al Qaeda detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and elsewhere to see if they have any information about the sniper attacks in the Washington area, government sources said Thursday.

here is the full story

Has anyone seen any news on the net about the Black Panthers getting involved?
Someone mentioned to me they held a press conference and anounced that they would take to the streets and protect civilians and capture the sniper themselves.
I've found one little paragraph from cnn.com but nothing else, and I'm quite intrigues by this.

I have been to that Ponderosa lots of times ever since I was a baby. This is the creepiest thing I've ever had happen to me. There were cops all over and all the exits in Richmond got blocked off. Nobody could get out of King's Dominion the theme park. The whole interstate got blocked up for miles and they still didn't catch him. He must have took a back road and he must have hid his truck and had an escape plan. The cops blocked everything off right away so he had to get away though the woods. Now he is close to where I live and I am afraid to go outside. We don't know where he is! The guy he shot is still alive at least that's good. They say he's a traveler that got off the interstate to eat.

I live in the Richmond area. This is too close to home. This is familiar territory to me. It's a scary feeling to be so close to something like this, and to know he's getting closer all the time. As awful as it looks to everyone, nothing compares to the fright of knowing he's HERE and me or someone I know could be next at any minute. You see these things on the news, but when it's in your backyard, it's terrifying. Now I know how people in war zones feel.

The Wanderer said:
seems like it was the sniper, working his way south... good news though, they anticipate that the victim will live :yes:

I'm listening to the MCV (this is a common place to me) Doctor right now. He said he had to take out part of the guy's stomach and pancreas and his whole spleen. He said he is a big guy and that's helping him hold up. They were not able to get the bullet out because it was too dangerous but he'll need more surgery today and maybe they can get it so they can analyze the bullet.

They got the bullet out of the victim, it IS the sniper. He left some kind of note at the scene, they won't reveal it of course. Schools are closed for miles around the area about 50 miles down 95 because of some kind of threat, I heard. Over 200,000 kids in 6 school districts are out today.

Damn! The Exxon corner of Broad and Parham my aunt lives a mile from there! I just talked to her, the roads are blocked off. A guy on his cell phone says he saw 30 cops and 2 swat trucks and a helicopter. There is yellow tape all around the area. They did take a guy away into custody. They are filming the van now. There is an unconfirmed reports that the ATF traced the call faster than he ever could have thought. This could be the call mentioned in the letter left at the Ponderosa. I hope this is him so this can be over for everybody! I don't think it would be so much of a big thing if it was a false alarm, it has to mean something.

My niece who lives up there and is out of school today because of the sniper has been watching the local news all day and she never said anything about a shooting :confused: maybe it's a rumor?? :huh: They did pick up a second man at an undisclosed location.

Now an "expert" on CNN (but not an official news guy) says this is them and they negotiated their surrender to ensure they would not be shot. They killed all those people but didn't want to die, they only wanted the satisfaction of knowing they were never caught until they surrendered and they want to be famous and have books and movies about them. Again that is just what that guy said, nothing official, we'll have to wait and see. I hope this is over!!

This a few miles from where I live, but it's close to the area where Mona lives, I think. :(

I really would prefer NOT to have to go to work until this is over!

meegannie said:
This a few miles from where I live, but it's close to the area where Mona lives, I think. :(

I really would prefer NOT to have to go to work until this is over!

you would think since this person is talking with the police through the media they would stop killing people. i am sorry you are having to live through this terror. my prayers are with you all, i pray it ends soon.

In Silver Spring ((((Meeganie))))) :(

I really thought they had him yesterday. This is ridiculous. The schools in Richmond are closed again today. He's threatened kids and more. I think it's time to get the military involved. The public can't be held hostage like this:angry:

The P.S. is just ridiculous. I really hope they get this guy soon.

I'm tired of the media making such a show of this and falling all over themselves trying to top each other and people who know nothing analyzing everything.

Back
Top Bottom