MERGED: People in Eastern MD/DC area please watch out! & Another Shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegannie said:

I agree. Gas stations and parking lots are easy targets because there's a constant flow of people, which means he can go unnoticed and there are always "targets." I think any similarities between the victims is coincidental.

It also means the guy can move fairly quickly. He's guaranteed at a a gas station to get someone standing still for a while, filling up your car, you are just standing there completely still for a couple of minutes. He could be out of his car, find a target, take a shot, get back in a very short time I guess.

God, I wish I could ask you all to stay at home but I know you have to go on with your lives.
I can't believe they haven't caught this bastard. I dont get that part at all. There was a cop 10 metres from one of the last ones. What the hell is going on that they can't catch him?

well, he chooses extremely busy areas with quick exit routes, he shoots from inside a van (probably with an accomplice driving the van), only takes one shot which is muffled, and leaves no evidence behind, there is no real motive determined, we have to hope he suddenly makes a mistake (which seems unlikely at this point) or we get lucky with some unforeseen thing foiling his plan; I just hope it's not a terrorist cell, word around the campfire is that this is unlikely but cannot be dismissed as a real possibility

but I guess this is dwarfed in comparison to the tragedy in Bali, which may anger the sniper since he loses attention, maybe he'll escalate to re-gain the media's attention after this...

I think the big problem in catching him is that he shoots the victims from far away, and does it in busy areas where he can leave quickly without being noticed. I think having a lot of paranoid people muddles the investigation a bit because everyone who's in the area at the times of the shootings thinks they may have seen something. In a way, that's good because some of the information might be useful, but it also creates a lot of confusion.

I just hope it's over soon because I'm tired of being worried everyday when I walk to and from the Metro.

personally i dont think terrorists would be satisfied with shooting random people here and there. this guy has to be some sick trigger happy psycho with no real agenda.
he will make a mistake eventually, they always do.
the last 2 mass shootings we had here the guys were caught pretty much staight away. this seems like something completely different though. its like hes feeding off it and its giving him energy for the next one.
after our last major one is when our gun laws were changed too.
please be careful everyone.

but if it's a terrorist cell, they could continue doing it for an extended period of time, and create panic and a diversion for something bigger

but hopefully its just some random wacko

The Wanderer said:
but if it's a terrorist cell, they could continue doing it for an extended period of time, and create panic and a diversion for something bigger

but hopefully its just some random wacko

Alright, I have not wanted to bring this up, but since someone else did I will say what has been on my mind since Monday.

I started a thread one week ago Friday in which Bill Gertz put in his article that there were threats that Al-Qaeda would target schools in a coming attack. I was pretty much roasted over a fire by some people over this post. Monday morning the 13 year old child was shot.

Some of the new reports and articles have said they suspect that there is more than one person involved in this. I even read one article where they suspected that at the rate the poeple were getting shot there were multiple people using the same weapon. That the planning, timing, escaping ect, were happening at such a pace there had to be more than one person involved.

It does not change things if it one person or many. IT is scary and horrific either way.

My thoughts and praayers go out to the victims and their families. May those of you in the area stay safe and sound. My our law enforcement officers figure it all out and end this situation before more people get hurt.

Did you all hear about this?

"Members of the voluntary public safety organization the Guardian Angels have been manning the pumps at gas stations to fill up the cars of people too scared to venture out of their vehicles. "

I saw them on the locale news this morning. They were holding up signs that said "Don't pass...we'll pump your gas!'

There are some brave people in the world...

dream wanderer

I think they should have cops providing full service at the gas station, because lord knows when a cop is shot all hell breaks loose and they seem a little more gung-ho on catching who did it.

I'm a tad frustrated that this is dragging on the way it is.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
I think they should have cops providing full service at the gas station, because lord knows when a cop is shot all hell breaks loose and they seem a little more gung-ho on catching who did it.

That's a sick as hell statement, but I'll let you pass because I'm in a good mood due to the latest Irish Victory.... However, I concur with the terrorist allegation.. The systematic manner in which he targets his victims is much more refined than just a Redneck Fuckup roaming around with a rifle.

The sniper attacks... the Bali bombing.. Are many of you still chewing on your crack laced belts that there is really no 'War' on Terror.... If so.. you can come and pump my gas tonight at the Airport Exxon.. Premium of course..

L.Unplugged

Also I never attacked the credentials of Ty himself, just in relation that I think there was someone better.. Maybe there is/was, maybe there was'nt.. either way, once the decision was made it was an irrelevant position.

I don't mean that in a cop killer I hate cops way.
People would feel a hell of a lot safer going on about their business if they knew it was safe to get gas i.e. that there would be cops on hand, and it is clear that the shooter is targeting gas stattions, and if someone else is going to get shot, put a person in there willing to risk their life for the people, not someone who is trying to get to their job at Burger King.

gas stations are a target I believe

And the fact is, people in that area are scared to get gas which is therefore prohibiting much of their regular activities from being handled.
They have been made a target in the eyes of many in the area, and anything that can be done to ease that fear, should be done.

Last edited:
Sparkysgrrrl said:
gas stations are a target I believe

And the fact is, people in that area are scared to get gas which is therefore prohibiting much of their regular activities from being handled.
They have been made a target in the eyes of many in the area, and anything that can be done to ease that fear, should be done.

They are a target, I agree, but so are parking lots, busy streets, and schools. The police should make sure ALL of these areas are well-monitored. As someone who lives in the area where most of the shootings have occured, I know that people are afraid to go anywhere, not just to get gas. I think it would be dangerous and negligent for the police to focus their attention primarily on gas stations.

the second the police over-focus on gas stations is when that psycho will just target something else. this guy appears to be too smart to have any real sort of pattern. it's terrifying.

i hope this guy is fucking slaughtered

please everyone in the area be as careful as possible..

I was surprised that there were still a lot of tourists and locals in DC over the weekend.

It sounds strange, but people here have been advised to walk in a zigzag manner and in dark areas to make it difficult for you to be targetted by the sniper. Well, just the other day, we heard that someone was mugged while jogging in a dark area. :( You just don't know what to do anymore.

I guess going home immediately after work or school is the best thing right now.

Sniper May Have Struck in Fairfax

From The Washington Post
Monday, October 14, 2002; 10:22 PM

A woman was shot in the parking lot of a Home Depot store in the Seven Corners area of Fairfax County, police officials said. It was not clear late this evening if the woman was the latest victim of the sniper who has killed eight people and wounded two others in the Washington area since the shooting spree began Oct. 2. The woman's condition was not immediately known tonight.

But police swarmed to the area of the shooting and began closing down roads in the area, including Routes 7 and 50 and Interstate 395 in a dragnet similar to the one that followed Friday morning's fatal shooting at a gas station in Spotsylvania County.

Since the shooting spree began with five fatal shootings in a 16-hour span in Montgomery County, sniper shootings have occurred in Northwest Washington and in Prince George's, Prince William and Spotsylvania counties.

Dreadsox said:
Sniper May Have Struck in Fairfax

From The Washington Post
Monday, October 14, 2002; 10:22 PM

A woman was shot in the parking lot of a Home Depot store in the Seven Corners area of Fairfax County, police officials said. It was not clear late this evening if the woman was the latest victim of the sniper who has killed eight people and wounded two others in the Washington area since the shooting spree began Oct. 2. The woman's condition was not immediately known tonight.

But police swarmed to the area of the shooting and began closing down roads in the area, including Routes 7 and 50 and Interstate 395 in a dragnet similar to the one that followed Friday morning's fatal shooting at a gas station in Spotsylvania County.

Since the shooting spree began with five fatal shootings in a 16-hour span in Montgomery County, sniper shootings have occurred in Northwest Washington and in Prince George's, Prince William and Spotsylvania counties.

:scream:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT!! :mad: :censored:

she was killed in the parking garage at the home depot. :sad:

Last edited:
yeah, close to home this time

there was a lot of optimism today that they would get this fucking piece of shit very soon, but now he's struck again and it looks like he's gone without a trace, once more...

This is unbelievable. Its like a nightmare come true or something. I hope to god there is a way found soon to catch him.
But then, how do you catch someone you cannot even see?

Its all so fucked.

So much senseless, unjustifiable violence :sad:

I pray that the sniper/s are caught soon and brought to justice.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims and to the people who live in the area who can't walk the streets freely.

The world seems to be getting totally out of control.

Well..I heard that there was a report this morning of an eyewitness to the actual shooting this time....but so far I haven't heard confirmation...

They picked up some guy in Baltimore over the week-end. It doesn't look like he's our guy because they were holding him for questioning when the last incident happened...but this guy had automatic weapons and sniper's manuals and a van full of police radios and scanners....even if he's not our guy I'm glad they are aware of this man. He bears watching...and he might be involved with what's going on... Who knows? We'll wait and see.

The idea that the Montgomery CO Police were almost dismissive of this last guy makes me wonder if perhaps they don't have another suspect already in mind?

dream wanderer

Back
Top Bottom