MERGED--> NH predictions + Hillary's win + NH recount?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can't honestly tell me that you think the system is going to change because of who becomes President. It's the same no matter who ends up there.

I think people are just as sick of this whole change thing, because I've been around long enough to know that nothing will change, regardless of who is President.

And that's nothing against Clinton, Obama, or anyone else. It's just a fact.

Jeannieco said:

Ya, but this election is not about the establishment. It's a cliche now, but it really is about change. People are sick of the way the system works now and she typifies that system. Yes, she is very smart, but she is politics as usual. She is bought and paid for by corporate America which means she will work for them, not us. People are SICK of that.

Change is the new hot word that everyone is going to be using now because it's what the American people want to hear.

And I don't care if you're 16 or 60, most people are smart enough to know that there isn't going to be some huge change because "insert your candidate here" is in the Oval Office. Sure, things may get better, but people who think utopia is just around the corner are being a bit delusional.

And I am a little cranky as I am trying to watch updates and read a huge ass law book at the same time. :p

Things actually changed a lot with Bush in office. It does matter. But no, the system doesn't change overnight.

Certainly if Hillary pulls out a win today, it will diminish the Obama hype. Even a close win by Obama could do that. And as much as I like Obama, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing for him. As several have pointed out on a few threads here, the expectations for Obama are becoming perhaps a little much and a little unrealistic.

This could be Obama's lucky day.

And a great break for the country
and just about everybody.

2-3 years as a Senator is a very thin resume'

sounding like JFK and MLK jr is nice
I can present a list of some fine actors that have done superb jobs doing the same

in 4, 8 or 12 years with a good record in the Senate, Obama will be completely legit and unstoppable

his fate is in his hands alone

The GOP would love to take the Clintons out now.

This is their best shot.

There won't be other chances for them
like there will be for Obama.

Reagan ran in 76 and maybe even 72 as a favorite son in CA
look how successful was in 80 and 84

let's hope for the same success for Obama :up:

McCain and Hillary victories would be perfect.

McCain's won and Hillary isn't looking real bad right now.

:drool:

2861U2 said:
McCain and Hillary victories would be perfect.

McCain's won and Hillary isn't looking real bad right now.

:drool:

You only want Hilary to win because you think she's more easily defeatable than Obama.

deep said:

I can present a list of some fine actors that have done superb jobs doing the same

in 4, 8 or 12 years with a good record in the Senate, Obama will be completely legit and unstoppable

This is their best shot.

It's nobody's lucky day. Obama would be a better president than Hillary.

deep said:

This is their best shot.

I'm not as optimistic for for four, eight, twelve more years of divisive politics, of an apathetic electorate who figures it's all in the hands of the moneymen anyway. I'm sure Obama will be in great shape, but will the country?

As for this "experience" issue. Gosh, I don't know what else to say on that subject. I think several compelling arguments have been made as to why Obama's lack of experience isn't such the handicap that everyone insists it is. I'm not sure there's any point in repeating those.

I think I'd almost prefer McCain as my second choice. At least he USED to be known as a guy who wasn't a knee-jerk party loyalist and was willing to reach across the aisle.

If you don't believe in the Iraq war, you don't want McCain. It's that simple. He's a war-monger. He's all for the idea of being in Iraq for the next decade. His image has really changed for me over the past four years.

namkcuR said:
If you don't believe in the Iraq war, you don't want McCain. It's that simple. He's a war-monger. He's all for the idea of being in Iraq for the next decade. His image has really changed for me over the past four years.

My views on the Iraq war are complicated. I opposed it from the beginning and I think it has been thoroughly bungled. At the same time I'm probably less eager for a quick exit then most of the other people who also disagreed with the pursuit and prosecution of this misadventure. I guess I'm highly skeptical as to whether a quick exit is possible, practical, and desirable for the security of the region.

I don't know if I would go so far as to characterize McCain as a war monger--somebody who wants to go to war for wars sake for political gain. I think he really believes in our being in there long term. I'm not sure to what extent I agree with him, but I suspect it doesn't really matter.

maycocksean said:

As for this "experience" issue. Gosh, I don't know what else to say on that subject. I think several compelling arguments have been made as to why Obama's lack of experience isn't such the handicap that everyone insists it is. I'm not sure there's any point in repeating those.

look at Bill Clinton's resume' in 92 when he was 46 same age as Obama

or better yet JFKs in 60 when he was younger than Obama,
JFK 12 years in Congress, 8 years in Senate (I think) not to mention WWII service.

With Obama's experience and popularity he would be natural for Governor, that is a chief executive position and seems to be the way the Whitehouse has been trending since 1976.

people will gamble on a statehouse

Jesse "the body" Ventura

Arnold "the terninastor"

I am not ready to flip a coin on the Whitehouse.

deep said:

With Obama's experience and popularity he would be natural for Governor, that is a chief executive position and seems to be the way the Whitehouse has been trending since 1976.

When Richardson ran for Governor here in NM and won, everyone knew that he would run for President.

I agree with you completely. Based on what I've seen so far, I wouldn't mind at all if Obama was elected President. But not in 2008.

joyfulgirl said:

When Richardson ran for Governor here in NM and won, everyone knew that he would run for President.

I agree with you completely. Based on what I've seen so far, I wouldn't mind at all if Obama was elected President. But not in 2008.

And look how much being a Governer has helped Richardson in the Democratic race...

namkcuR said:

And look how much being a Governer has helped Richardson in the Democratic race...

I forgot to add that we also knew he didn't have a chance, but it's a logical move towards the White House.

I'd love to know how Obama would be "unstoppable" with a bit more experience. You can't exactly manufacture the momentum he's got right now, and if he doesn't win this time around, he's sure as hell not going to be able to guarantee any of that momentum will stick around at all.

I also can't believe Hillary's polling so well. She strikes me as being cut from the same cloth as the current establishment, of right-leaning big money.

Total Richardson, Dennis, and Edwards and then ask all those people who they prefer between Hilary and Obama.

It's time for Edwards to do what he did on TV Saturday night -- tag team.

Or hand it to Hillary.

This is the general election for me.

Back
Top Bottom