MERGED--> NH predictions + Hillary's win + NH recount?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Exactly. I don't get why Hillary is being vilified just because this wunderkind has burst upon the scene. She's not satan. I think she'd be a capable leader, and, like Anitram mentioned earlier, she has a toughness that I admire. Plus, she's well aware of how the game is played, how politics can get dirty, and I think she's up for it, she won't fold.

She's being villified because no matter what the Fox News/Limbaugh crowd likes to say. She's not a Left wing liberal.

She's a liberal, yeah but a moderate at that.
FYM, generally speaking, is far too the left of her.

Why Obama is so drastically better, noone has really ever pointed out. Here or elsewhere. I might vote for him still (if it's still an option)

I've been open minded on Obama since the start, I don't see the difference in the two. I think Hillary can win the General Election because she can assemble the team.

A team of political whizzes helped dim-witted at best, Bush win two races against two of the smartest polticians in the Democratic Party.

Long, long ways until the election. I think she has the best chance to win. I think Obama would win as well but he could be made to look unprepared.

Big waves of momentum don't last long. Not 9 or 10 months for fucking sure.

indra said:

I have to admit I would LOVE to see all the people who hate her absolutely shitting bricks if she became president. :evil:

To me Obama and Clinton are pretty much interchangeable in terms of policy -- their differences are mainly stylistic. Both are too far on the right for me and since I dislike and distrust all politicians on principle, I'm finding it mighty hard to get very excited.

Watching the brickshitting would be fun though.... :D

If Obama is too far right for you...I'm afraid to ask, who exactly is left enough for you?

U2democrat said:
the point is she has very high negatives..

Not according to NH, apparently. ;)

I know when you're heavily invested in something like this, it's easy to over-analyze every sign, ever state, every poll, but really, there's a long time before the election, and so much can swing in that time.

indra said:

I have to admit I would LOVE to see all the people who hate her absolutely shitting bricks if she became president. :evil:

That may be an appealing possibility if you're not an American, but I for one truly am tired of politics as usual.

If Hilary were to be elected president we would automatically be mired in 4 more years of people hunkered down behind the same battle lines. Its not worth it to me.

indra said:

I have some specific ones in mind already!! :evil: :evil:

indra said:

To me Obama and Clinton are pretty much interchangeable in terms of policy -- their differences are mainly stylistic.

Exactly, any differences are superficial. It's just in terms of personal style, likability, etc. They're both politicians running for the same party, and once either of them are elected, I think their differences in terms of what either of them could actually accomplish in the real world are negligible. It's not like one gets in and he/she will be a saviour, whereas the other gets in, and the nation will go to shit.

Well, worse shit than your current president sunk it into, I mean.

Dalton said:

That may be an appealing possibility if you're not an American, but I for one truly am tired of politics as usual.

If Hilary were to be elected president we would automatically be mired in 4 more years of people hunkered down behind the same battle lines. Its not worth it to me.

I don't honestly see those battle lines changing no matter who gets elected. Might as well have some fun with the assholes. :D

indra said:

I don't honestly see those battle lines changing no matter who gets elected. Might as well have some fun with the assholes. :D

Well, I have an underdeveloped cynicism gene. I believe that there are enough people who are moderate in their beliefs that can be persuaded to find a middle ground if the dialog centers around issues and not rhetoric. Obama is a likeable figure who could reach that segment of the population. If he can, we may be able to ease (not elimate) some of this gridlock enough to make significant progress.

namkcuR said:

If Obama is too far right for you...I'm afraid to ask, who exactly is left enough for you?

You consider Obama left? :huh:

Kucinich is the closest for me. I know he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell though. So for me it's all a matter of hoping for someone better than the...whatever lifeform that is...currently holding the job. What is sad to me is it really won't be a big enough change. Will either Obama or Clinton be better? Yes. Will they be optimal? Not by a very long shot.

U2DMfan said:

She's being villified because no matter what the Fox News/Limbaugh crowd likes to say. She's not a Left wing liberal.

I actually laughed out loud when I heard Bill O'Reilly say something equating her to "the far left". Drop Hillary Clinton into Australian politics and you have yourself a conservative candidate.

I saw the funniest thing ever tonight. The other night, I was amused to see Chuck Norris strategically placed behind Huckabee...more in the shot than Huckabee's own family, for chrissake!

Tonight, when John Edwards was speaking, who did my eagle eye notice right behind him? Mike Delfino from Desperate Housewives. Mike Delfino! Is a guy who stars in a nighttime dramedy really going to help him win the nomination? Really? I almost burst a spleen laughing.

Earnie Shavers said:

I actually laughed out loud when I heard Bill O'Reilly say something equating her to "the far left". Drop Hillary Clinton into Australian politics and you have yourself a conservative candidate.

Just out of curiosity, Earnie, if what you say about Hillary is true, then if you took any of the Republican candidates and dropped them into Australian politics, what exactly would they be considered?

NH showed a bigger gender gap between Clinton and Obama.
Over age 65 and lower income voters went for Clinton,
and younger (18-24) and higher income voters went for Obama.

BTW - the defense industry has given more money to Hillary than to anyone of either party.

Hillary vs. Barack actually matters to me.

My history of support:
84 Mondale but too young
88 Jackson in primary
abstained in general election
92 & 96 abstained
2000 Nader
2004 Kucinich in primary; Kerry in general election

Essentially, Kerry was the first compromise general election vote of my life, and I would give it to Obama without compromise, but HC is another story entirely for me.

I would look third party, Paul, or even possibly Huckabee over Hillary.

Earnie Shavers said:

To them:
If you're a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.
You're a liberal

If you're a social liberal and a fiscal moderate
You're far left

If you're a social liberal and a fiscal liberal
You're Crazy Pants Communist McGee

Anu said:

I would look third party, Paul, or even possibly Huckabee over Hillary.

Huckabee over Hillary?? Really? After voting Nader, and essentially supporting the most left leaning of all candidates, or abstaining, you'd consider Huckabee? :huh:

namkcuR said:

Just out of curiosity, Earnie, if what you say about Hillary is true, then if you took any of the Republican candidates and dropped them into Australian politics, what exactly would they be considered?

I don't know about Australia but they're not electable in Canada. Maybe some can get seats in rural Alberta...maybe. But you run here on a pro-life platform, and you're pretty much toast, period. The Conservatives in Canada routinely muzzle their 1 or 2 members who hold such views and expressly forbid them from talking about them during the election because of how deadly it is. The Conservative leader has also stated that the gay marriage issue is "settled" so that wouldn't fly. Nevermind dismantling the income tax, LOL.

I hate Hillary and Bill, and I couldn't bring myself to Gore because of the lies of the Clintons.
Huckabee is a wild card. Hillary is anything but a wild card.
Like I said, Hillary v Obama matters to me. It's not 'interchangeable' vs the Bush etc. legacy.

Well, I'm glad McCain beat the Romster. I can't believe Clinton pulled it off, even though it was close. I still think Obama can pull this off. A close second in New Hampshire is still impressive in a race we all knew would be tight.

^ No way she'll take any of his pledged delegates away then, that's too small a victory margin. Not that that makes any real difference in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom