MERGED--> NH predictions + Hillary's win + NH recount?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am stunned that my guy could be so wrong on this one! He had Obama up by more than 10% yesterday. He called FL. too close in the 2000 Election saying the networks were wrong wrong wrong.

Kudos to the Clinton machine for making this a contest.

Tears may have won this one.

Hillary was up by 5% fifteen minutes ago, now it's back down to 3%. 39%-36%.

She gives up one more percent and it's the one percent race it was at the start an hour and a half ago.

Amazing reversal of what everyone thought would happen. This afternoon all the news was talking about was not if Obama would win, but how much of a blowout it would be. This is incredible.

namkcuR said:
It's a 2% race and 60% of the votes have yet to be counted. Don't count Obama out.

I'm not at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins. I am surprised that it's a race, and Hillary has even a prayer of winning.

He's not saying that at all. He's just saying that what looked to be a possible blowout (and I thought that as well, and I live here) has turned into a race so close that we won't know for a while longer. Even if Clinton ultimately loses, it will be far closer than anyone would have thought.

2861U2 said:
I'm watching McCain's speech right now, and it's really something else.

Really? I was bored to tears...

I don't understand why he doesn't even try with younger voters, I mean of course he'll get votes from you and those that are diehard Republicans but I just don't see him getting any independent or middle ground young people. He actually comes off older than he really is. :shrug:

CNN keeps mentioning that the college towns (like Hanover (Dartmouth), Durham (UNH) and others) have not had their results reported, so this will really tighten up soon.

Of course, both of those places have a lot of students that aren't residents of NH, so I wonder how much of a difference it will really be.

I'm listening to the updates via NPR (CNN.com updates slowly on my very old PC :lol: ).

Clinton 49,719 40% 2 46% reporting
Obama 45,383 36% 2
Edwards 21,178 17% 0
Richardson 5,647 5% 0
Kucinich 1,796 1% 0

NPR keeps talking about Giuliani slipping in FL.

I just want to know about tonight, thanks.

McCain 36,500 37% 4 46% reporting
Romney 30,946 31% 1
Huckabee 11,463 12% 0
Giuliani 8,597 9% 0
Paul 7,766 8% 0
Thompson 1,188 1% 0

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Really? I was bored to tears...

I don't understand why he doesn't even try with younger voters, I mean of course he'll get votes from you and those that are diehard Republicans but I just don't see him getting any independent or middle ground young people. He actually comes off older than he really is. :shrug:

It was predicted that nearly all of the independent vote in New Hampshire would go for Obama. Instead, McCain picked up almost half of them. If Obama loses in New Hampshire, it may be partly a result of McCains success among independents which was not supposed to happen. McCain is roughly the same age as Ronald Reagan, one of the most popular presidents in US history with all age groups. So age is not necessarily a turnoff for the young people.

Strongbow said:

It was predicted that nearly all of the independent vote in New Hampshire would go for Obama. Instead, McCain picked up almost half of them. If Obama loses in New Hampshire, it may be partly a result of McCains success among independents which was not supposed to happen. McCain is roughly the same age as Ronald Reagan, one of the most popular presidents in US history with all age groups. So age is not necessarily a turnoff for the young people.

The predictions I saw were 65-35 if memory serves me correct pre today.

I wonder if the polls led people to think Obama was safe and secure and voters changed which party to vote in.

Maybe the MCCain machine was better prepared for NH to get the voters to go republican.

2861U2 said:
Anybody think Edwards drops out after this?

He's still got South Carolina, his home state I believe. And he did very well in Iowa, so I don't think he'll drop out now.

Strongbow said:

It was predicted that nearly all of the independent vote in New Hampshire would go for Obama. Instead, McCain picked up almost half of them.
But it would be interesting to see the age groups of these independents.
Strongbow said:

McCain is roughly the same age as Ronald Reagan, one of the most popular presidents in US history with all age groups. So age is not necessarily a turnoff for the young people.

But you are speaking purely of Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom