MERGED: Margaret Hassan Likely Executed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be perfectly honest I don't feel angry over this now.Once captured the hostage is dead - any reprive is a blessing.

If I may state for the record, a Polish woman has also been taken, and in the Fallujah street the soldiers found the mutilated body of a blonde caucasian woman. Also the Jihadists have a long history of murdering innocent women and children point blank in Israel. This entire affair does not surprise me in the least, these monsters must be stopped and bullets and bombs get that job done.

This is a game of brinkmanship, you have an enemy that cannot win millitarily, they cannot win politically and the only way that they can hope to defeat the coalition is by commiting the most evil crimes and distributing them as snuff films - our leadership has to show nerves here, capitulation would ensure failure and that wouldn't be good for anybody. May death come quickly to her killers.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
Isn't this the first women murdered by the muslim insurgents? I thought they had drawn a line against this before.

I believe so. This is just too horrible to comprehend. In fact, I don't really comprehend it. What a bunch of :censored:holes these insurgents are. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Terrorists my dear verte, an insurgent may fight against the US Army but a terrorist would behead an innocent woman.

I think you are right A_Wanderer. They don't know how much they're hurting their own compatriots and co-religionists. Or maybe they do and just don't give a damn. :censored: The people who need help the most now are a hell of alot less likely to get it. This makes my blood boil. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
They want to hurt the Iraqi people, if the Iraqi's get fucked over because no NGO's will operate then it makes it that much easier to incite chaos. There are definitely foreigners among there but when it comes to Jihadist it's allways the same shit with a different smell, from Bali to Beslan. Lets hope that people will start blaming those who hack heads off rather than the leaders who have the unenviable task of refusing to negotiate with them.

:hug: :drool: :wink:

Last edited:
I think that they should establish a colonial office, like they had back in the days of empire. A fully integrated set that can provide security and the expertise (civil planners, engineers etc.) for nation building, the reliance on contractors doesn't seem to be as successful as it could have been, then again a new beurocracy is not going to be that much better, but at least they could guarantee the security for the rebuilding.

Again, I agree with you A_Wanderer. They can't go on like this, some big time changes are in order.
Ouch. I feel like someone, in some way, has killed me as well. I hope that doesn't sound too morbid. But maybe this is *that* disturbing to me. It's not exactly a "c'est la vie" deal, ya know?

A_Wanderer said:
I think that they should establish a colonial office, like they had back in the days of empire.

That'll go over real well. :| I don't agree with any part of colonialism, and the thought of bringing some semblance of it back turns my stomach.

Something needs to change, but this is not the answer.

I wish the very best for her family. She sounds like she was a true humanitarian and lived an exemplary life while she was here. Terrible news for everyone. :(

We can give it a PC name, but the functions that are needed for nation building are not dissimilar to that of building empires. Getting electricity, water and security, establishing political control over a country these are all the same functions. The tweaking occurs in the type of political leadership established but having a dedicated group that can do these tasks is a lot better than relying on Halliburton or the UN, both of which have less than stellar records in this.

I once had the utmost-die-hard-conservative-republican come up to me and say:

"How do you spell Dick Cheney's last name? H-A-L-L-I-B-U-R-T-O-N." I thought it was hilarious particularly coming from him.

You're right, relaying on Halliburton and/or the UN is not enough.

A_Wanderer said:
They want to hurt the Iraqi people, if the Iraqi's get fucked over because no NGO's will operate then it makes it that much easier to incite chaos. There are definitely foreigners among there but when it comes to Jihadist it's allways the same shit with a different smell, from Bali to Beslan. Lets hope that people will start blaming those who hack heads off rather than the leaders who have the unenviable task of refusing to negotiate with them.

:hug: :drool: :wink:

It's another sickening day in this whole tragedy. The men who did this are not human in the way we know it to be and when all is said and done they are the ones responsible for Margaret Hassan's death.

However, this shouldn't prevent us from recognising the failures that led to this and other killings that have taken place. Bush and Blair should really shut the hell up talking about Iraq being the epicentre or the crucible of where they're fighting the so-called War On Terror. All it does is encourage these scumbags to continue what they're doing, and makes them feel more important than they actually are.

As I named this thread before it got merged, this really makes people want to go over there and help, NOT! How could anyone murder a nice lady who wanted to help? :sad: What does this say?

However, this shouldn't prevent us from recognising the failures that led to this and other killings that have taken place. Bush and Blair should really shut the hell up talking about Iraq being the epicentre or the crucible of where they're fighting the so-called War On Terror. All it does is encourage these scumbags to continue what they're doing, and makes them feel more important than they actually are.
See now this is what I am talking about, somebody dies and it is turned into a political football. Iraq is a magnet for every lowlife scumbag and terrorist who wants to blow shit up for their holy war, a front on the GWoT made by the Bush administration.

U2Kitten said:
As I named this thread before it got merged, this really makes people want to go over there and help, NOT! How could anyone murder a nice lady who wanted to help? :sad: What does this say?

You're exactly right on this one, U2Kitten. I have read about Western women who have gone to Afghanistan to help get their girls' schools started up, to teach and administer...and they face threats of violence daily in some cases.

capt.sge.grr01.171104112609.photo00.photo.default-384x256.jpg

A_Wanderer said:
See now this is what I am talking about, somebody dies and it is turned into a political football. Iraq is a magnet for every lowlife scumbag and terrorist who wants to blow shit up for their holy war, a front on the GWoT made by the Bush administration.

No, I haven't turned it into a political football. I simply said that we shouldn't lose sight of the situations that were created that led up to this and other deaths, and that more needs to be done to try and prevent further deaths from happening. My post was basically about learning from mistakes. What's so wrong with learning from mistakes?

U2Kitten said:

You're right U2Kitten. These people are so cold-blooded it just makes me sick. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom