MERGED: Margaret Hassan Likely Executed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Pax and Verte. On top of the outrageous evil, I can't believe how stupid they are! Don't they realize that when people see things like this happening it scares away help and that hurts the innocent kids and sick people of their own country? Do they not care about them, as long as they do something to try to make us look bad? When will they see this makes THEM look bad?! :mad: :sad:

I just don't understand what could possibly motivate such an act...such a nihilist impulse. To kill someone interested in nurturing life, to be-head someone trying to give of her heart.
Did she do it inappropriately, in their eyes? Did she go to the wrong place, in their estimation? How did she err, was she an infidel?
She dared to do something she felt she'd regret if she didn't try to accomplish it, as dangerous as it was.

The blame for this terrible, awful, tragey, is 2/3 on the bastards that killed her, and 1/3 on Bush/Blair for starting the war. Fuck. Not like I'm surprised by this. It's appauling and fucking inhuman but it's not surprising. You CANNOT foster a lasting peace by means of force, with guns and bombs. To think you can is fucking stupid. You shoot at them, they're gonna shoot back, so-to-speak. That's what's going on here. Fuck the bastards who killed this woman and fuck the powers that EVER went into Iraq.

I think I need to pull up some Gandhi quotes right about now.

Do you honestly believe that the individuals who would blow an innocent womans brains out or carve a head from a torso like a sunday roast would be living peacefully under Saddam if the invasion never occured?

A_Wanderer said:
Do you honestly believe that the individuals who would blow an innocent womans brains out or carve a head from a torso like a sunday roast would be living peacefully under Saddam if the invasion never occured?

No because I doubt these people are native Iraqis.

Did we invade the wrong country? :wink:

Yes, there are many foreign terrorists flocking to Iraq for a chance to fight the infidel. But without support by native Iraqi's, I doubt they would be so successful.

namkcuR said:
The blame for this terrible, awful, tragey, is 2/3 on the bastards that killed her, and 1/3 on Bush/Blair for starting the war. Fuck. Not like I'm surprised by this. It's appauling and fucking inhuman but it's not surprising. You CANNOT foster a lasting peace by means of force, with guns and bombs. To think you can is fucking stupid. You shoot at them, they're gonna shoot back, so-to-speak. That's what's going on here. Fuck the bastards who killed this woman and fuck the powers that EVER went into Iraq.

I think I need to pull up some Gandhi quotes right about now.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE and NO BLAME to ANYONE OTHER THAN THE MURDERERS. Please, did people invaded by Hitler do this to innocent care workers? This is sick, pure and simple. Don't blame Bush and Blair.

I agree, people who are insurgents and are committing murders had a previous predisposition towards cruel and callous behavior. There really is no excuse for this, and I say this as someone who opposed the war and still wonder why we did it.

Let's keep this thread free of political asides if at all possible. I agree that certain circumstances may exacerbate certain others, but I think we can all agree that something this cold-blooded is just plain wrong and disgusting, no matter who is responsible or what "cause" they may think they are fighting for.

Back
Top Bottom