MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BorderGirl said:

This is why America tries to export the idea that is "America".

"Be nice to America or we'll bring democracy to your country."

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Are you Bush's speech writer?:wink:

No, I just repeat stuff I like.

+++
"I know idealism is not playing on the radio right now, you don't see it on TV, irony is on heavy rotation, the knowingness, the smirk, the tired joke. I've tried them all out but I'll tell you this,....idealism is under siege beset by materialism, narcissism and all the other isms of indifference.
But what about Americanism? It's not everywhere in fashion these days, Americanism. Not very big in Europe, truth be told. But it all depends on your definition of Americanism.
Me, I'm in love with this country called America. I'm a huge fan of America, I'm one of those annoying fans,...I'm that kind of fan.
I read the Declaration of Independence and I've read the Constitution of the United States, and they are some liner notes, dude.
I made my pilgrimage to Independence Hall, and I love America because America is not just a country, it's an idea.
You see my country, Ireland, is a great country, but it's not an idea. America is an idea, but it's an idea that brings with it some baggage, like power brings responsibility.
It's an idea that brings with it equality, but equality even though it's the highest calling, is the hardest to reach. The idea that anything is possible, that's one of the reasons why I'm a fan of America.
That's the kind of America that I'm a fan of.

-Bono (writes for Bush too?)

The rest of the speech is pretty good too. If you want to read it go here:

-Because We Can, We Must
-Commencement Address by Bono, co-founder of DATA (Debt AIDS Trade Africa), and lead singer of U2, May 17, 2004.

w w w. upenn.edu/almanac/between/2004/commence-b.html
(remove spaces)

Last edited:
"Let both sides explore what problems unite us instead of belaboring those problems which divide us....
All this will not be finished in the first one hundred days. Nor will it be finished in the first one thousand days; nor in the life of this Administration; nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin.....
And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

-another great speech,
JFK's 1961 inaugural address

deep said:

This explains why our import / export balance is so out of whack.

nobody's buying

Agreed. So many more people want to come here than to leave to go the likes of China and Mexico.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamal-simmons/fox-news-should-fire-john_b_20942.html

What is the difference between what Gibson said and the racist lyrics and thoughts that come from "White Pride" groups like 13 year-old twins Lamb and Lynx Gaede of the White Supremacist singing group "Prussian Blue?"

This from the London Telegraph:

"In a recent interview with the magazine Viceland, they were asked what was the 'most important social issue facing the white race right now'. They replied: "Not having enough white babies born to replace ourselves and generally not having good quality white people being born."

From the May 11 edition of Fox News' The Big Story with John Gibson:

GIBSON: Now, it's time for "My Word." Do your duty. Make more babies. That's a lesson drawn out of two interesting stories over the last couple of days.

First, a story yesterday that half of the kids in this country under five years old are minorities. By far, the greatest number are Hispanic. You know what that means? Twenty-five years and the majority of the population is Hispanic. Why is that? Well, Hispanics are having more kids than others. Notably, the ones Hispanics call "gabachos" -- white people -- are having fewer.

Now, in this country, European ancestry people, white people, are having kids at the rate that does sustain the population. It grows a bit. That compares to Europe where the birth rate is in the negative zone. They are not having enough babies to sustain their population. Consequently, they are inviting in more and more immigrants every year to take care of things and those immigrants are having way more babies than the native population, hence Eurabia.
Why aren't they having babies? Because babies get in the way of a prosperous and comfortable modern life. Peanut butter fingerprints on the leather seats in the BMW. The Euros are particular -- in particular can't be bothered with kids. Underscore that second point.

A second story, today, reports that [Russian President] Vladimir Putin is so concerned about the declining and imploding population of Russia, he is paying couples to have babies. Imagine, procreating for cash in Mother Russia. Putin has taken this step because at the rate things are going, Russia will lose close to 45 million in population in the next 45 years. Russia will be two thirds of today's population.

This is not a good trend for Russia and it won't be here either if that should happen. To put it bluntly, we need more babies. Forget about that zero population growth stuff that my poor generation was misled on. Why is this important? Because civilizations need population to survive. So far, we are doing our part here in America but Hispanics can't carry the whole load. The rest of you, get busy. Make babies, or put another way -- a slogan for our times: "procreation not recreation." That's "My Word."

capt.sge.tgn27.180506231255.photo01.photo.default-512x362.jpg

Mission Accomplished 2006

deep said:
capt.sge.tgn27.180506231255.photo01.photo.default-512x362.jpg

Mission Accomplished 2006

That reminds me of Baywatch or something

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060518-114129-1805r.htm

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid called a proposal to make English the official language "racist" on the Senate floor yesterday.
"This amendment is racist. I think it's directed basically to people who speak Spanish," the Democrat said during the already tense debate over immigration reform.
Moments later, the Senate approved the measure on a 63-34 vote. Virtually all Republicans were joined by 11 Democrats to approve the largely symbolic amendment. Immediately following that vote, the Senate approved a second amendment, declaring on a 58-39 vote that English is the "common and unifying language."
Such proposals enjoy overwhelming support among American voters.
A poll by Zogby International earlier this year found that 84 percent of Americans say English should be the official language of government operations. The same poll found that 77 percent of Hispanics agree.

It's certainly not the first time that Mr. Reid has used stark language in the debate over immigration.
"Our federal wallet is stretched to the limit by illegal aliens getting welfare, food stamps, medical care and other benefits without paying taxes," he said in 1993. "These programs were not meant to entice freeloaders and scam artists from around the world."
Earlier this year, Mr. Reid confessed on the Senate floor that his anti-immigrant fervor "mostly lasted about a week or two" before his wife brought him around to the more open position he holds today.
But nearly a year after his "freeloaders" statement, Mr. Reid was on the Senate floor criticizing immigrants again and worrying about their cultural impact.
"We must reduce the annual admissions of legal immigrants to more moderate levels in order to provide for a better country -- both environmentally and socially -- in the years to come," Mr. Reid said, according to a June 16, 1994, report by States News Service.

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid called a proposal to make English the official language "racist" on the Senate floor yesterday.
"This amendment is racist. I think it's directed basically to people who speak Spanish," the Democrat said during the already tense debate over immigration reform.

Where did the Minority Leader stand on Dubai Ports?

White House Speaks Out Against English As An "Official Language"

May 19, 2006 4:55 p.m. EST

Matthew Borghese - All Headline News Staff Writer

Washington, D.C. (AHN) - The White House is saying President George Bush has long opposed making English America's national language.

According to U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, President Bush opposes the effort, passed by the Senate, to "preserve and enhance" the role of English.

The bill comes as part of the Congressional overhaul of U.S. immigration laws, and opponents of the legislation say it could hurt multilingual services offered by government organizations.

Gonzales explains, "The president has never supported making English the national language."

The President and
Gonzales get it right, once in a while. :up:

deep said:

The President and
Gonzales get it right, once in a while. :up:

Curious on why you think English as the national language is a bad thing??

The average immigrant can't get ahead in the U.S. not knowing the English language. Period.

Perhaps some people would like to keep immigrants as 2nd class citizens, but as long as they're here I would rather see immigrants become successful rather that continuing in the poverty they left. A Zogby poll earlier this year found that something like 75% of Hispanics agree that English should be the national language.

http://www.proenglish.org/resources/polls.html

ImOuttaControl said:

The average immigrant can't get ahead in the U.S. not knowing the English language. Period.

Perhaps some people would like to keep immigrants as 2nd class citizens, but as long as they're here I would rather see immigrants become successful rather that continuing in the poverty they left. A Zogby poll earlier this year found that something like 75% of Hispanics agree that English should be the national language.

http://www.proenglish.org/resources/polls.html

As with many things, it is easier to bring a charged accusation that to analyze the issue.

Common language is a benefit to everyone.

And the idea of english as a national language goes back to Teddy Roosevelt.

good chance the polls might support
"Christianity" as the official religion, too.

Why do you think the Bush Admin. is not in favor?

deep said:
good chance the polls might support
"Christianity" as the official religion, too.

Why do you think the Bush Admin. is not in favor?

A) 1st Amendment

B) Politics politics politics. The measure will probably get passed.. The majority of the country wants English as the official language. Bush disapproves so he makes the other chunck of the Hispanic vote happy.

ImOuttaControl said:

As much as I agree with your statement. Non English speakers won't be able to get very far in this country. BUT, why force it?

As so many conservatives argue right vs. privelge...

Why do force this issue?

Do you fear that you will have to learn another language? And why is that?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

As much as I agree with your statement. Non English speakers won't be able to get very far in this country. BUT, why force it?

As so many conservatives argue right vs. privelge...

Why do force this issue?

Do you fear that you will have to learn another language? And why is that?

Why force people to get a drivers license before they can drive a car? Why force children to go to school? I could go on and on with things we are forced to do.

In the end, forcing people to do things like go to school or forcing immigrants to learn english will only benifit our society and make it stronger.

I don't fear that I will have to learn another language, because as long as I live where i live English is all I will need.

North American Union to Replace USA?

by Jerome R. Corsi
Posted May 19, 2006

President Bush is pursuing a globalist agenda to create a North American Union, effectively erasing our borders with both Mexico and Canada. This was the hidden agenda behind the Bush administration's true open borders policy.

Secretly, the Bush administration is pursuing a policy to expand NAFTA to include Canada, setting the stage for North American Union designed to encompass the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. What the Bush administration truly wants is the free, unimpeded movement of people across open borders with Mexico and Canada.

President Bush intends to abrogate U.S. sovereignty to the North American Union, a new economic and political entity which the President is quietly forming, much as the European Union has formed.

The blueprint President Bush is following was laid out in a 2005 report entitled "Building a North American Community" published by the left-of-center Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). The CFR report connects the dots between the Bush administration's actual policy on illegal immigration and the drive to create the North American Union:

At their meeting in Waco, Texas, at the end of March 2005, U.S. President George W. Bush, Mexican President Vicente Fox, and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin committed their governments to a path of cooperation and joint action. We welcome this important development and offer this report to add urgency and specific recommendations to strengthen their efforts.

What is the plan? Simple, erase the borders. The plan is contained in a "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America" little noticed when President Bush and President Fox created it in March 2005.

Article from Human Events

Well, when you claim the Administration is doing something "secretly" and you don't have evidence, you are protected because you evidence is "secret".

Back
Top Bottom