MERGED--> Illegal Immigration + Illegal Aliens USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok what I don't get is Millions are pulling for the legalization of Millions of illegal immigrants, and how they don't take jobs away. We as the United States are failing to provide for african americans, chicano's and other nationalities who are US citizens.

Angela Harlem said:
Ah sheesus, nbc. It's not his being American which makes him look arrogant. It's directing this topic toward the American audience only. It's blase forgetting the rest of the world. etc, etc.

Thank you for pointing out that illegal immigration is not just a topic unique to the U.S. This is a concern that all countries deal with.

Justin24 said:

US citizens should also fix our corrupt government as they should in their own country, unless your living under Chavez who is scaring his people into an imminant attack by US forces.

This guy is winning over the (unfortunately) ignorant masses by enforcing their perceived 'victimatization'.
A mindset not unique to Latin Americans. Everyone's either a victim, a survivor, etc. these days. Very disempowering labels.

The United States is a nation of immigrants but it is not good policy to support illegal immigration.
We have policies and we just need to enforce those just like every other country does.
This does not mean legal immigrants are not welcome. That's just lame.
Unfortunately, the marchers are being taunted with the idea that everyone is against 'them' and that no one values an immigrants contributions.
This is ignorant considering our American history.

Last edited:
I blame Answer.org, La Raza and other organizations for putting these ideas into the marchers minds! Other countries are allowed to enforce there immigration and border policies, except us??

Justin24 said:
I blame Answer.org, La Raza and other organizations for putting these ideas into the marchers minds!

Right, because those immigrants are too damn stupid to come up with ideas themselves.

Justin24 said:

Other countries are allowed to enforce there immigration and border policies, except us??

Allowed? Don't fool yourself. Of course we're allowed, we haven't because we've benefitted from it for decades.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Right, because those immigrants are too damn stupid to come up with ideas themselves.

You said it not me.

What our government should be focused on is the poorer neighborhoods and help the young adults and adults in training them for jobs like the migrants are doing, with a secured income. Why should the illegal immigrants benefit from our resources and leave the citizens of this country to pay for it? Yes there are US citizens that take advantage also.

But you see the problem is if we tried to enforce our border policies we would be called racist and other countries of the world would look down on us.

Justin24 said:

You said it not me.

No, I'm just echoing your sentiments.

Justin24 said:

What our government should be focused on is the poorer neighborhoods and help the young adults and adults in training them for jobs like the migrants are doing, with a secured income. Why should the illegal immigrants benefit from our resources and leave the citizens of this country to pay for it? Yes there are US citizens that take advantage also.
There's not much training when it comes to digging ditches or bussing tables... Of course now everyone will have to pay 2x as much as they are use to for these services, therefore your prices will go up.
Justin24 said:

But you see the problem is if we tried to enforce our border policies we would be called racist and other countries of the world would look down on us.

What? Where did I ever say that? Quit putting words in my mouth.

Unions have been instrumental in organizing and planning today's protest. Unions have a stake ($$$) in the immigration debate with the influx of workers.

nbcrusader said:
Unions have been instrumental in organizing and planning today's protest. Unions have a stake ($$$) in the immigration debate with the influx of workers.

Are they supporting the protest or no?
Lobbying against illegal immigration or kind of for?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No, I'm just echoing your sentiments.

What? Where did I ever say that? Quit putting words in my mouth.

I thought liberal democrats like raising taxes and love high prices.:ohmy:

Did I mention you I was talking about worldwide.

Why is it ok for them to break the law by crossing our borders, knowing full well it is against the law? Yet if they commit murder, theft or any other form of crime, it's wrong? Law is Law right?

Justin24 said:
Why is it ok for them to break the law by crossing our borders, knowing full well it is against the law? Yet if they commit murder, theft or any other form of crime, it's wrong? Law is Law right?

I don't think it's ever been that black and white. It would be nice if it was. Our economy would take a blow, people don't like that...

So then you advocate certain criminal activty? Correct me if I am wrong, but President Bush, want's to allow illegal immigrants to stay in the country and is considering amnisty correct? Well then why are so many saying, that all this is Bushes fault. This bill started in the Senate, so they should be to blame.

Many Legal immigrants (some of Hispanic decent) do not like the illegal immigrants protesting. Even my co-worker who is a phillipino says they should go through the legal process. He did it, why is it so hard for them?

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
So then you advocate certain criminal activty?

I haven't advocated anything.

Justin24 said:

Many Legal immigrants (some of Hispanic decent) do not like the illegal immigrants protesting. Even my co-worker who is a phillipino says they should go through the legal process. He did it, why is it so hard for them?

Yes I'm sure there are some that don't agree with the protesting.

Do many of you support illegal immigrants entering this country?

Last edited:
There were no laws back then.So it was an Anarchy society at best, I would say.

How about we all go back to Africa then, so we can quit all this non-sense. I mean that is the cradle of civilization right.

Justin24 said:
There were no laws back then.So it was an Anarchy society at best, I would say.

How about we all go back to Africa then, so we can quit all this non-sense. I mean that is the cradle of civilization right.

Our society has laws, just as the native communities had laws. They had territorial disputes. We chose to ignore any native protests, and in a sense, broke their laws.
I understand that it is in order to protect the citizens, it is necessary for nation-state's to have laws. However, we must be aware to the fact that laws are unstable and cannot "live on" forever. We need to constantly reevaluate our laws and how they affect the citizens.
This is a very serious issue. It cannot be brushed aside or just used for politik. We must consider most, if not all, of the factors involved.

BorderGirl said:
Are they supporting the protest or no?
Lobbying against illegal immigration or kind of for?

Helping organizing protests and making sure they have a seat at the table. The union dues of a million immigrant workers is music to the ears of some.

co-sponsored by Bill Frist

Alexander Introduces Resolution On National Anthem
posted May 1, 2006

U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander Monday introduced a Senate Resolution affirming that statements of national unity, including the National Anthem, should be recited or sung in English. Text of his prepared remarks follows:

“Mr. President, across the country today, thousands and thousands of immigrants – legal and illegal – are marching in a nationwide rally. Many are saying that they, too, want to be Americans.

“But, Mr. President, I’m afraid the message is, quite literally, getting lost in translation. As part of these demonstrations, a new version of our national anthem, the Star-Spangled Banner, has been produced – in Spanish.

“According to an article in the Washington Post last Friday, at least 389 different versions of our anthem have been produced over the years, in many musical styles, including rock and roll and country. But, the Post also noted, never before has it been rendered in another language.

“It may be a first, but it is a big first step in the wrong direction. And it’s a mistake precisely because our nation is a nation of immigrants.

and the point is to pander to Red Staters

The problem with our immigration policy is that we are not enforcing it very well. If we had done so in the begining and maybe changed the way for gaining citizenship it would be different. But I think most of the US citizens are getting fed up with this.

The problem with the native tribes was all the treaties we signed and broke which led to wars with them.

Back
Top Bottom