MERGED -- > I love Michael Moore + F*ck Michael Moore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarletwine

New Yorker
I love Michael Moore

I knew he would shake up the Oscars if he won.

As a sidenote for those of you that haven't read him, he blasts Clinton too as needed. That's the real American. His arguements make sense, and a I lOOOVVed his speech. :censored: to the lemonites previous post.:yes:

thank you. i was very disappointed to hear everyone boo. not because they were expressing their opinion, i just thought it was rather ummm...not fitting the supposed "toned down" mood the oscars were supposed to have. i guess it's different if you happen to not agree with the majority. :|

No.
Michael Moore came across as a oppurtunist.
More bluntly- a jerk off.

Ppl saw thru it.
He got booed off the stage, he wasnt even eloquent..-sp

DB9

Last edited:
Deep-
He started w an Anti Bush comment.
He laid his foundation and showed his cards.
This part garnered the most boos as he prattled on the boos continued until the fat bastard was yanked off stage.
Let him be your spokes model, its sad this is one of your movement's messengers.
Oppose a war sure.
Oppose a war for genuine reason's sake, sure ok.
Oppose it for polictical reasons, go down in infamey

IN FRONT OF
BILLION
VIEWERS.

thank u
Miachel:up:

DB9

Last edited:
diamond said:
No.
Michael Moore came across as a oppurtunist.
More bluntly- a jerk off.

Ppl saw thru it.
He got booed off the stage, he wasnt even eloquent..-sp

DB9

Totally agree. With people dying overseas you think he could have said something more graceful to get his opinion out, since he feels that his opionion is soooooo important.

The Oscars stopped being relevant years ago. So many great films over the years getting passed over for mediocre commercial tripe.

The "beauty" of America: the right and the left boo each other, berating the other as "inappropriate" and "un-American." I'm still waiting for one side to put a fatwa on the other. :|

Melon

Except for the fact that I've lost count on the number of times the far right have put their foot in their mouths.

I'm certain this won't change much of his fan club, though.

Melon

there's a time and a place for everything. this was neither the time, nor the place. that goes for u2's little charade' of changin' the lyrics and throwing that little sunday bloody sunday drum beat into the ending. i'm actually glad they didn't win the oscar so they didn't get upt here and say something they would later regret. there are men dying over there, serving our nation and protecting our freedoms. fucking support them or get the god damn the hell out of my country. that goes for citizens of america like moore, and guests like u2.

Moore's speech:

Whoa. On behalf of our producers Kathleen Glynn and Michael Donovan from Canada, I'd like to thank the Academy for this. I have invited my fellow documentary nominees on the stage with us, and we would like to ? they're here in solidarity with me because we like nonfiction. We like nonfiction and we live in fictitious times. We live in the time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president. We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons. Whether it's the fictition of duct tape or fictition of orange alerts we are against this war, Mr. Bush. Shame on you, Mr. Bush, shame on you. And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up. Thank you very much.

support them or get the hell out of Your country?...and my country and Michael Moore's country....whatever. I don't support the US going to war with out UN approval. I support my soldiers as human beings just doing their job, but I don't support the task my president:( has sent them to do.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
fucking support them or get the god damn the hell out of my country. that goes for citizens of america like moore, and guests like u2.

How totalitarian of you. I didn't realize it was "your country" to dictate who can and cannot live here.

Nice to know that good old fashioned American arrogance is still alive and well.

Melon

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Moore's speech:

"Whoa. On behalf of our producers Kathleen Glynn and Michael Donovan from Canada, I'd like to thank the Academy for this. I have invited my fellow documentary nominees on the stage with us, and we would like to ? they're here in solidarity with me because we like nonfiction."

**LOUD BOOS FROM AUDIENCE:lol:

"We like nonfiction and we live in fictitious times. We live in the time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president."

**EXTREMELY LOUD BOOS-(fat bastard now amazed):ohmy: but continues..:lol:

**More boos.:)

"We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons"

**Louder Boos.
"Whether it's the fictition of duct tape or fictition of orange alerts we are against this war, Mr. Bush. Shame on you, Mr. Bush, shame on you. And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up."

**was now being yanked here w/mics being shut down.. Thank you very much.

**More boos until he disappeared:up:

**edited for accuracy's sake:up::wave:

Diamond
:dance:

Last edited:
there's a time and a place for everything. this was neither the time, nor the place. that goes for u2's little charade' of changin' the lyrics and throwing that little sunday bloody sunday drum beat into the ending. i'm actually glad they didn't win the oscar so they didn't get upt here and say something they would later regret. there are men dying over there, serving our nation and protecting our freedoms. fucking support them or get the god damn the hell out of my country. that goes for citizens of america like moore, and guests like u2.
\

Your first sentence is great. I thought the same thing. Don't know who that guy is but I don't think he should have said what he said on the Oscars. I agree with some of the things he said but I don't think it was the time or the place.

As for the rest of what you said......

Charade? It's their song to do whatever the fuck they want to.

your country? yikes. my country too and I will say whatever I damn well please. I will support the troops but that doesn't mean I have to agree with why they are over there.

You're glad U2 didn't win just because you didn't want them to say something they would regret? I doubt whatever would have been said would have been something to regret.

Guests like U2? hmmmm...... did you ever see them in concert? I bet you were glad those guests played in your town. I bet you thought those guests put on a kick ass show.

I'm not going to insult you but I think you need to calm down a bit.

Last edited:
fucking support them or get the god damn the hell out of my country. that goes for citizens of america like moore, and guests like u2.

This a bit harsh dont you think? I may not agree with him making an outburst like that in front of millions of people, but that doesnt warrant telling him to get the god damn hell out of your country because he doesnt agree with the decision to go to war.

I think what popsadie said summed it up perfectly. A lot of people dont agree with the decision to go to war. So what? They have the right to their opinion. That doesnt make them any less of american citizens as the people who are all for the war. What are we robots? "Yes Bush, whatever you say Bush, we love you Bush" :rolleyes:

Bush is the man.
Bush will continue to be the main man and have world leaders eating from his hand beckoning for his wise counsel soon enough:sexywink:

thank u
Diamond
:wave:

diamond said:
Bush is the man.
Bush will continue to be the main man and have world leaders eating from his hand beckoning for his wise counsel soon enough:sexywink:

Or getting written into U.S. history books as some kind of demi-god and getting written into everyone else's history books as evil.

Melon

diamond said:
Bush is the man.

thank u
Diamond

Ok... which one of you is selling dave shotty crack again???

KhanadaRhodes said:
thank you. i was very disappointed to hear everyone boo. not because they were expressing their opinion, i just thought it was rather ummm...not fitting the supposed "toned down" mood the oscars were supposed to have. i guess it's different if you happen to not agree with the majority. :|

You're joking, right? Seriously, you must be joking.

In your mind the crowd was wrong to boo because the night was supposed to be "toned down," but it was okay for Moore to not only state his opinion, but to do it in an absurdly loud, bombastic, pretentious manner. I see.

Moore can say whatever he wants of course, but for a liberal to be booed off stage at a Hollywood funcation is quite a feat.

Whoa! I thought Moore's speech was kind of cringe-worthy myself (the guy is about as subtle as a sledgehammer), but he had every right to say what he did. We still do have a thing called freedom of speech in this country, which is extended to citizens like Moore and "guests" like U2.

diamond said:
Bush is the man.

thank u
Diamond

haha... :lol:

I've got a prediction for ya, diamond...

President Bush will be fired in the next election (if he runs again). :yes: Write it down.

yes we have freedom in this country.
freedom to post
freedom to expound
freedom to pontificate

and
lastly
freedom to make an ass of
ourselves
in front
of

ONE
BILLION
VIEWERS, if we choose.

Go Michael:up:

I will keep my ass-like demonstrations relegated to a few obscure posts..

:angry:

thank u
diamond
:angry:

Back
Top Bottom