MERGED--> He became straight + I despise...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:
Some people claim that being gay isn't a choice while some gay people such as Irvine admit that it can partially be.

care to explain? i would love to know what i've admitted.

I do know for a good portion of my life I was a hedonistic phalander, hurt many many people and know now that lifestyle would be offensible in the sight of God, and after some spiritual experiences, which are too sacred to discuss in a public fourm, I knew it was time for me make a major change in my own lifestyle.

it's good that you're no longer a slut. i can see how that could hurt people, though i'm at a loss as to who i've harmed by being gay (other than all the broken straight female hearts i've left in my wake). but can one choose to curb the frequency of one's sexual conquests in the same manner in which one can choose which gender one is attracted to?

Last edited:
diamond said:

I think this thread should remain open and that we can discourse civilly among each other.

I do know for a good portion of my life I was a hedonistic phalander, hurt many many people and know now that lifestyle would be offensible in the sight of God, and after some spiritual experiences, which are too sacred to discuss in a public fourm, I knew it was time for me make a major change in my own lifestyle.
And I did make those changes and glad I did.

So carry on everybody, but please do civilly.

Thanks,

dbs

It is not reasonable to equate or project your own personal past behavior on others.

Because a certain thing you choose to do, may work for you,

does not mean everyones experience is the same as yours and they need to follow your example.

I have not had to modify my behavior,
or make any major chances in my own lifestyle.

I might feel conflicted
if I told everyone else how to live.

Last edited:
^ honey, you're wildly reading into things.

where is the word "choice" in the above?

i have said, repeatedly, and intentionally, that sexual orientation is 100% involuntary.

*solely*

that means only,
so other things may contribute to genetic

are you grasping?

the whole tone of the thread has been very disappointing to me

But, I knew it was projection.

deep said:

It is not reasonable to equate or project your own personal past behavior on others.

Because a certain thing you choose to do, may work for you,

does not mean everyones experience is the same as yours and they need to follow your example.

I have not had to modify my behavior,
or make any major chances in my own lifestyle.

I might feel conflicted
if I told everyone else how to live.

But you claim not to believe in God.

Anyway back to the point-

When I lived as a hedonist, I felt unhappy and didn't judge anyone nor do I did I tell ppl how to live.

I now live a different lifestyle, no longer feel conflicted still do not judge ppl, nor tell ppl how to live.

I did however post an artcle about a fellow who changed his lifestyle and his name is Michael Glatze.

dbs

deep said:

the whole tone of the thread has been very disappointing to me

My disappointment began with the first line of the article that began the thread, "Homosexuality came easy to me, because I was already weak."

And it went downhill from there.

diamond said:

I did however post an artcle about a fellow who changed his lifestyle and his name is Michael Glatze.

i agree.

Michael Glatze changed his lifestyle.

but he did not change his sexual orientation, no matter how much gay shame he confesses.

the poor thing. i consider him a victim of Christian abuse.

diamond said:

dbs

Then the title of the thread should have been "He changed his lifestyle" rather than "He became straight."

edited to add: didn't see Irvine's similar post.

diamond said:

But you claim not to believe in God.

I don't know
or really care that much

I do care how I behave
and how people are treated

I want to leave a better world for your children
and for us, while we are here

joyfulgirl said:

Then the title of the thread should have been "He changed his lifestyle" rather than "He became straight."

edited to add: didn't see Irvine's similar post.

Sometimes you need a hook to attract ppl's attention to open a thread.
My name only posesses so much flair to garner the needed interest to open a thread.

dbs

diamond said:

Anyway back to the point-

When I lived as a hedonist,

dbs

perhaps this Michael was a hedonist, too

there may be a connection

Irvine and Memphis

live much less hedonistic lives than many people I know

Let's include LA Senator Vittner (whore monger) for one

perhaps this thread would have been a bit more legit
if it was about abandoning hedonistic behavior like you claim to have done.

diamond said:
Some people have Judism and being born a certain race confused.
Some people claim that being gay isn't a choice while some gay people such as Irvine admit that it can partially be.
Whether a minority of ("ex"-)gay people happen to believe, as Glatze professes to, that it's wholly a choice and a bad one at that, is hardly sufficient to resolve whether state-sanctioned discrimination against gay people ought to be acceptable.

And a study of the history of anti-Semitism in the Western world, including the pre-Hitler variety, would make it problematic at best to argue that it was/is "purely" a question of Jews' religious beliefs, and if only we'd changed those, then everything would've been just ducky. (Ask all the conversos who still wound up murdered, expelled, or denied the rights they were supposedly thus entitled to, or all the nonreligious and atheist Jews murdered by Nazis or Tsarists.) I got the "Christ-killer" taunt many times back where I grew up, and it was crystal-clear to me that it wasn't "purely" a matter of my religious beliefs being objectionable. But this is a tangent, so I'll leave it at that.
I try and be a good person to all people, and know that we all are not perfect and God knows us better than we know ourselves and will judge us based on the circumstances we found ourselves in, and what we did with those circumstances.
OK, but what are your opinions on the fact that housing and employment discrimination against gay people is legal in 32 states, or that more than a thousand federal rights available to married heterosexuals and their families are categorically denied to longterm gay and lesbian couples and any children they may have?
What you are describing here sounds like guilt--the awareness that one has wronged other people, and remorse over it. There may or may not be things you've done to other people that would actually qualify as criminal. But it's not my place to say how the state should punish you over whether and how you offended God, nor yours to say so for gay people.

Last edited:
deep said:

perhaps this Michael was a hedonist, too

there may be a connection

Irvine and Memphis

live much less hedonistic lives than many people I know

Let's include LA Senator Vittner (whore monger) for one

perhaps this thread would have been a bit more legit
if it was about abandoning hedonistic behavior like you claim to have done.

There is not doubt that Michael was a hedonist.

And I've never judged Irvine, he's kinda like one of my online buddies, so there.

However, please refrain from disparging the senator, how is that making the world a better place?

dbs

diamond said:

There is not doubt that Michael was a hedonist.

where did poor Michael say that?

Please refrain from disparging the senator, how is that making the world a better place?

you'll disparage all gay people who don't employ prostitues, yet you'll refrain from encouraging Sen. Vitter from to change his "lifestyle"?

diamond said:

However, please refrain from disparging the senator, how is that making the world a better place?

dbs
did gay Michael Glaze break any laws?

This guy did.

Let's see how the GOP deals with a U S Senator that took an oath to uphold the Constitution and swore an oath on the Bible.

and then,
while in office broke the law.

Do you think someone should serve in the Senate if they broke the prostitution laws?

Is that making the world a better place?

Are you asking tolerance for oath breakers and law breakers?

gaydar070625_1_560.jpg

everyone knows the swirl changes on each side of the equator

^ and note that the gay/counter-clockwise individual has a much cleaner neckline.

another telltale sign of gayness.

deep said:
did gay Michael Glaze break any laws?

This guy did.

Let's see how the GOP deals with a U S Senator that took an oath to uphold the Constitution and swore an oath on the Bible.

and then,
while in office broke the law.

Do you think someone should serve in the Senate if they broke the prostitution laws?

Is that making the world a better place?

Are you asking tolerance for oath breakers and law breakers?

good point, very well put.
he should be held accountable, and i trust you hold this view on all senators and lawmakers regardless of party affliation i hope.

dbs

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Have you guys seen this? He was on the Colbert Report the other night...

http://nymag.com/news/features/33520/

Okay, we're finally getting somewhere on homophobia, lol: "Gay men’s penises were thicker (4.95 inches versus 4.80) and longer (6.32 inches versus 5.99)"

This was fascinating. Just sent it on to my gay male friend who's in hair school. He'll now become obsessed with hair whorls.

diamond said:

So let me get this straight. I'm supposed to be taking morality lessons from a "hedonistic phalander" (sic.) who probably "found Jesus" after having taken too many drugs, drank himself into near cirrhosis, and/or got dumped one too many times?

Since we've pretty much established that we can now create any thread we want in FYM, as long as the subject matter is not illegal, and that it's "okay" to "disagree" with things that "objectively" exist, let's make some things clear here. "Born-again Christianity," in any form, has been nothing but a malignant tumor on our society. There is nothing more that I find appalling than to have society's fuck-ups screw their lives up for the first 20-30 years of their life and then has the fucking gall to start telling ME--a straight-A overachieving student with 13 years of Catholic education, a B.A., and an M.A. all done at great personal and financial sacrifice--that I need to "make changes in my lifestyle."

Let me let you in on a little secret:

Some of us have actually been "Christian" since we were little children, and we have no need to be "born again," because we actually bothered to do it right the first time around. Secondly, just because you screwed up your own life doesn't mean you should project your own regrets onto others. Because you know what? I can't relate. I paid attention in school. I did my homework, instead of drinking and fucking around in high school. Same with college. I'm 26, and have been in a four year monogamous relationship--more commitment than many heteros are willing to take on, and longer than many "Christian" marriages before they head to divorce court.

So you know what? I flat out don't care what you "believe" or "disagree" with. You and the rest of your "born-again" fuck-ups clearly have no grip on reality as it is.

So carry on everybody, but please do civilly.

Oh please. You should have thought about that before you even posted this thread. "Civility" went out the window a long time ago here.

(To the moderators: I apologize in advance if this post is more "vicious" than what you'd expect. But this thread and all the other hate and ignorance-filled ones like it that I've responded to over the last seven years have had it coming!)

Last edited:
2861U2 said:

What? It's true. Here's the thing that many conservative Christians don't understand (or are intellectually incapable of understanding):

You don't set the rules.

Here's where your logic falls apart. Just because science hasn't conclusively discovered the specific genes related to homosexuality doesn't mean that science isn't on strong footing. The evidence is strongly in its favor.

But even at that, "disagreeing" with a scientific stance with some holes in it does not logically mean reverting to a stance that has long since been rejected. Science and psychology have rejected the idea that homosexuality is some flimsy choice. So even if you take issue with the science, the fact that you have "chosen" to believe in discredited quackery does mean that you are, in fact, homophobic. No amount of wishful thinking or :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: smilies is going to change the fact that your "disagreement" with homosexuality is based on nonsense.

Ormus said:

(To the moderators: I apologize in advance if this post is more "vicious" than what you'd expect. But this thread and all the other hate and ignorance-filled ones like it that I've responded to over the last seven years have had it coming!)

For what it's worth, I don't think you need to apologize; I think you've been more than patient with these assholes for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom