MERGED--> He became straight + I despise...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MadelynIris said:
I'm generally ok with your fallable take on the OT -- but not as much the NT. I think it is what it is, with much less room for translation issues. Fair enough.

So do you not believe in the use of analyzing context?

As to the original author of the article been posted, may be he just found that he is a bisexual, and decide to test the "straight" part of his sexuality.

You never know.

All I got from the dude was a long attack on lust....I suppose he would condemn heterosexual lust for women now? As also being an empty and damaging pursuit.

Seems like all sexual desire should be repressed....woohoo...

U2democrat said:
Yay lets repress all sexual desire and destroy the thing that has kept the human race going! :happy:

I guess it would solve the problem of overpopulation.

yes, yes, yes!

And male are no longer needed, because women can simply clone themselves.

No more gay!!

U2democrat said:
Yay lets repress all sexual desire and destroy the thing that has kept the human race going! :happy:

I guess it would solve the problem of overpopulation.

[sarcasm]Indeed. Because as we all know, sex is just for reproduction. [/sarcasm]

LJT said:
All I got from the dude was a long attack on lust....I suppose he would condemn heterosexual lust for women now? As also being an empty and damaging pursuit.

no, no...only the non-married, non-hetero, non-babymaking kind of desire should be repressed. :happy: :up:

LJT said:

This is at the root of all the "religious" dogma.

What is the Adam and Eve story?

They lived in paradise without sin.

They ate of the "forbidden fruit"
and then they started sinning.

That is when Eve's clitoris got activated.

Sexual desire is sinful.

It says so in the Bible.

And this is the first story of creation,
where we all began?

That is "hard wired" into our brain at a very young age.

What good is it?

A story that unites us,
really is a story that programs our minds for guilt and shame.

deep said:

That is when Eve's clitoris got activated.

I think I get what you are trying to say here, but I found it slightly offensive.

What about Adam's penis? Presumably it was "activated" at some point?

Last edited:
I don't buy eating the apple brought on having the sex interprative narriative.

I think they were having the sex before during and while eating the apple.

dbs

I would agree with you on that point.

I am Catholic ... and as we all know, Catholics don't spend a lot of time studying the Bible :)wink:)

However, if you take the Bible at face value, I do seem to remember the command from God to Adam and Eve was to be fruitful and multiply.

So, one would assume they were following this command in between when they were "created" and the whole apple-eating incident.

Last edited:
I think Adam loved Eve so much he didn't want to leave her, and chose to follow Eve and eat the apple, and to control ppl, religionists equate the apple eating to sexyness or something:huh:

My church extols Eve.

dbs

The bottom line is that homosexuality is not a choice, it's biological, and if someone thinks they are changing orientation, they are only really lying to themselves. The only thing that has ever disputed this is thousand+ year old religious texts that were against homosexuality as it was at that time. True homosexuality did not develop till within the last few hundred years.

Any questions? Read the posts by Ormus.

JessicaAnn said:

I think I get what you are trying to say here, but I found it slightly offensive.

Sorry, I thought it might be somewhat offensive

but there is a need for a man to become 'activated" to follows God's commandment to multiply

But, there is no need for a woman to have desire to reproduce,
all she has to do is submit to her husband as the Bible instructs her to.

Is this not the religious dogma?

deep said:

Sorry, I thought it might be somewhat offensive

but there is a need for a man to become 'activated" to follows God's commandment to multiply

But, there is no need for a woman to have desire to reproduce,
all she has to do is submit to her husband as the Bible instructs her to.

Is this not the religious dogma?

Yes ... it's dogma.

But I disagree with any creature needing to be "activated" to follow the command to multiply. Animals don't need to be activated. Plants do not need to be activated. Humans don't need to be activated. Reproduction is a biological function.

However, researchers are starting to discover that sexual behavior takes many different forms in humans AND animals.

Researchers have observed animals engaging in rape, necrophilia, homosexuality, bisexuality and a host of other sexual behaviors. In fact, animals once previousl thought to be monogamous have now been observed exhibing promiscuous behaviors -- mating with animals other than their "parter" and/or engaging in what can be called masturbation (using objects as a tooll to provide sexual stimulation).

We're a part of the animal kingdom ...

If I may quote from an explanation of the root of the word "animal":

The word "animal" comes from the Latin word animal, of which animalia is the plural, and is derived from anima, meaning vital breath or soul. In everyday colloquial usage, the word usually refers to non-human animals. The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the Kingdom Animalia. Therefore, when the word "animal" is used in a biological context, humans are included.

We might be at the top of the food chain, but we're a part of the chain.

JessicaAnn said:

Yeah but it gets shut off later on with genital mutilation.

JessicaAnn said:
We're a part of the animal kingdom ...

If I may quote from an explanation of the root of the word "animal":

We might be at the top of the food chain, but we're a part of the chain.

that's a point i cannot accept regardless of how many definitions you cite.

i think mankind is a species created in the express image of God.

dbs

Re: He became straight

diamond said:

How a 'gay rights' leader became straight

Slanted and biased from the get-go: the title of the thread and the opening line.

Nowhere in Mr. Glatze's article did it say he is now a heterosexual, or that he has even ever engaged in heterosexual sex.

Instead, he states that he has renounced his sexual desires, which before his renunciation were homosexual. To me, this is equivalent to monks and nuns relinquinshing their sexual desires for reasons they believe are more important than sex, whether they be hetero, homo or bi- sexual desires for sex.

An insulting and biased beginning to a thread that has otherwise continued on to produce some fruitful and intelligent discussion and debate.

Last edited:
diamond said:

that's a point i cannot accept regardless of how many definitions you cite.

i think mankind is a species created in the express image of God.

dbs

There are many ways in which humans are similar to what some might call our primates "cousins." Their bodies have similar shapes. They live in societies. They learn from their parents and teach their children.

There are many ways in which humans are different. They have less hair, and they wear clothing. They speak complex languages and tell stories. They read and write, and they do mathematics and science. They have religions and philosophy.

I don't believe that evolution is incongruous with believing in in God. So, I think we will have to agree to disagree.

yes.
:)

and i'm not saying that Adam and Eve rode their dinosaurs to church either; that evolution exists, but that man did not evolved from apes.

dbs

The idea of people co-existing with dinosaurs a la the Flintstones is pretty darn funny. :wink:

In all seriousnss, how do you explain the fact that humans and chimpanzees share 98.5% of the same genes?

And please don't take that question to be an attack or as sarcasm. I really do want to know how you, and others who share your belief, explain this.

JessicaAnn said:
The idea of people co-existing with dinosaurs a la the Flintstones is pretty darn funny. :wink:

In all seriousnss, how do you explain the fact that humans and chimpanzees share 98.5% of the same genes?

And please don't take that question to be an attack or as sarcasm. I really do want to know how you, and others who share your belief, explain this.

Our Creator has a sense of humor.
:)

dbs

diamond said:
:hmm:

Is Man not above the animal kingdom?

dbs

Man is not above animal kinddom, because if you put a man in a forest with all the wild lives all on his/her own, you'll find that he/she is in a pretty low level of the food chain. :wink:

:huh:

am glad Memphis and i have been on vacation this week.

our lust compelled us to spend half the week up in New England visiting with my parents, and the second half of the week down near Memphis visiting with his (very Baptist, but still quite kind to me as an individual) parents.

it's lust that has gotten us here. lust, lust, lust! consuming, burning lust. we burn with lust when sitting across the table from each other with our parents present. it was lust that drove me to want to drive him around the town where i grew up and then up to where i went to college so he could better understand the origins of my sinful lust for him and for other lustful men. he needed to see all the various environments that made me weak and enabled me to succumb to the temptaiton of lustful homosexual lust that has manifested itself in a relationship that will only last as long as my lust lasts.

oh ... the lust. it's calling me now, away from the computer. we have to go to a family reunion with nearly 100 of his various cousins and aunts and uncles (where i still have to, alas, go as his "friend") and piles and piles of delicious southern food that will probably give me a stroke on the airplane tomorrow. i don't know how we'll be able to control our lust.

oh, lust. sinful lust. it controls my every thought and action. i am a prisonor.

oh, diamond. sexy diamond. can you help me break free from this lust so i can go back to being alone and going to straight bars and clubs and feeling so uncomfortable that i get completely shit-faced drunk so i have an excuse as to why i was unable to show interest in the opposite sex?

thanks.

oh, the lust ...

(back on Monday)

The hair is NEVER coming off those palms...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom