MERGED: Eminem's "Mosh"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoveTown

Refugee
Mosh

this is just simply amazing!

http://boss.streamos.com/qtime/interscope/eminem/encore/video/mosh-rev/300_mosh-rev.mov

here are the lyrics

[I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation under God
Indivisible・
It feels so good to be back..]

Scrutinize every word, memorize every line
I spit it once, refuel, reenergize, and rewind
I give sight to the blind, mind sight through the mind
I ostracize my right to express when I feel it's time
It's just all in your mind, what you interpret it as
I say to fight you take it as I知 gonna whip someone's ass
If you don't understand don't even bother to ask
A father who has grown up with a fatherless past
Who has blown up now to rap phenomenon that has
Or at least shows no difficulty multi task
And juggling both, perhaps mastered his craft slash
Entrepreneur who has held long too few more rap acts
Who has had a few obstacles thrown his way through the last half
Of his career typical manure moving past that
Mister kiss his ass crack, he's a class act
Rubber band man, yea he just snaps back

Come along, follow me as I lead through the darkness
As I provide just enough spark, that we need to proceed
Carry on, give me hope, give me strength,
Come with me, and I won't stear you wrong
Put your faith and your trust as I guide us through the fog
Till the light, at the end, of the tunnel, we gonna fight,
We gonna charge, we gonna stomp, we gonna march through the swamp
We gonna mosh through the marsh, take us right through the doors

To the people up top, on the side and the middle,
Come together, let's all bomb and swamp just a little
Just let it gradually build, from the front to the back
All you can see is a sea of people, some white and some black
Don't matter what color, all that matters is we gathered together
To celebrate for the same cause, no matter the weather
If it rains let it rain, yea the wetter the better
They ain't gonna stop us, they can't, we're stronger now more then ever,
They tell us no we say yea, they tell us stop we say go,
Rebel with a rebel yell, raise hell we gonna let em know
Stomp, push up, mush, fuck Bush, until they bring our troops home come on just . . .

Come along, follow me as I lead through the darkness
We gonna mosh through the marsh, take us right through the doors, come on

Imagine it pouring, it's raining down on us,
Mosh pits outside the oval office
Someone's trying to tell us something, maybe this is God just saying
we're responsible for this monster, this coward, that we have empowered
This is Bin Laden, look at his head nodding,
How could we allow something like this, Without pumping our fist
Now this is our, final hour
Let me be the voice, and your strength, and your choice
Let me simplify the rhyme, just to amplify the noise
Try to amplify the times it, and multiply it by six
Teen million people are equal of this high pitch
Maybe we can reach Al Quaida through my speech
Let the President answer on high anarchy
Strap him with AK-47, let him go
Fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way
No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our soil
No more psychological warfare to trick us to think that we ain't loyal
If we don't serve our own country we're patronizing a hero
Look in his eyes, it's all lies, the stars and stripes
They've been swiped, washed out and wiped,
And Replaced with his own face, mosh now or die
If I get sniped tonight you'll know why, because I told you to fight

So come along, follow me as I lead through the darkness
We gonna mosh through the marsh, take us right through the doors

[Eminem speaking angrily]
And as we proceed, to mosh through this desert storm, in these closing statements, if they should argue, let us beg to differ, as we set aside our differences, and assemble our own army, to disarm this weapon of mass destruction that we call our president, for the present, and mosh for the future of our next generation, to speak and be heard, Mr. President, Mr. Senator

nbcrusader said:
The left is embracing Eminem now?

I guess all principles are out the window for a shot at the presidency.

Admittedly it's rather incongruous. Someone posted it on one of my liberal lists. I'm still not an Eminem fan myself.

it's not a matter of being an em fan or not...it's a matter of this particular song.

As far as liberalism goes...Eminem isn't saying Kerry is the guy either...he's just saying that Bush is NOT the guy.

I warmed up to Eminem on the last record and after his duet with Elton John. I've always felt there was something really substantive underneath that angry, obnoxious facade and hoped he would outgrow that or at least channel his anger in a more meaningful (not sure if that's the right word) way. I like this, but I'm not saying that he has 'changed' or anything; he's just pissed off with this administration like a lot of people and has incorporated it into his art. But maybe next time he could be bashing Bono for all we know, lol.

And on a related side note, here's a quote from Nobel laureate Seamus Heaney that I stumbled upon last year and found it interesting from the point of view of how one of the world's greatest living poets hears a rapper:

Seamus Heaney praises Eminem

American rap star Eminem has been praised by leading poet Seamus Heaney for his "verbal energy".

Mr Heaney, 64, also said Eminem had "sent a voltage around a generation".

He made the comment when asked by a journalist if there was a figure in popular culture who aroused interest in poetry and lyrics in the way that Bob Dylan and John Lennon did during the 1960s and 70s.

Mr Heaney, former Professor of Poetry at Oxford University, said: "There is this guy Eminem. He has created a sense of what is possible.

"He has sent a voltage around a generation.

"He has done this not just through his subversive attitude but also his verbal energy."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3033614.stm

Last edited:
Eminem's Political video ; "Mosh"

HAve you guys seen the video for this?

If you haven't yet, It is a propaganda based video trying to demonize President Bush. The long and short of it: the video has Eminem leading people to the polls from an apparant darkened waste-land.

I really don't understand Eminem on this one. What makes him the political guru? Does he even know anything about politics?

On another note, I think this video is being released way too late. The election is in only 5 days!

tooo bad most of his listening audience is not the age to vote.. hee hee hee..... NOT! luve sarcasm....

I want Bush out of office.....this video and song is absurd.
It makes people with legitimate gripes about our President look like left wing lunatics, not that I give a shit what it makes me look like, but it's about arguments being overshadowed.

Look, Bush is as incompetent of a President as there could possibly be, but he is not evil, c'mon!. Make arguments and opinions where legitimate gripes are, make them coherent and free of trash like this, and then and possibly only then will you get constructive discussion or even protest. This is the kind of stuff of the 'Crossfire' realm, inane bullshit.

Besides the fact that the video, aside from the content of the song is amatuerish, to put it nicely.

eminem's lyrics have always been thought provoking... this is not the first time. it's only that some people can't get past their hatred for all things rap and/or pop and actually read some of his lyrics. :shrug: so be it.

as for this particular song? :shrug: i respect his music, and i respect the opinions he stated here... i just disagree with him... and springsteen (oh shocking... more corruption charges have been brought up against mcgreevey and :shocked: still not a word from the boss), and REM, and anyone else who's drinking the DNC kool aid.

Here's some insight from the good Professor Cole:
The other interesting thing about the lyrics above is their invocation of the icon of lower middle class white identity, the "rebel yell." The appeal of the Confederate South for most of them lies not in its horrible race politics or slavery, but in a resistance to the intrusion of the Federal government into their lives.

Eminem cannily turns the Republicans' Southern Strategy against them, calling for a revolt against Bush policies by the guys Howard Dean referred to as having Confederate flags on their pickup trucks. (Although most listen to Country, some of the youngsters are Eminem fans.) Bush now becomes a symbol of grasping, stupid Federal interference, and Iraq is reconceived as a carpetbagging operation. "Until they bring our troops home" is a lyric that makes a moral claim. Bush & Co. have kidnapped US young persons in uniform and are holding them prisoner in an Iraqi cauldron for no good reason. The soldiers are not just soldiers but teenagers, Eminem's constituency.

The song is important as a development in popular culture. But I am arguing that it may also be important in class terms. If any significant number of lower middle class white youth are thinking like this, it could make a difference in some races.

Strikes me as a salient point ... perhaps the issue isn't the liberal response to this, but the potential response of decidedly non-liberals to it.

I respect Eminem's right to voice his opinion and art. And i mostly like all of his stuff (though, his singles are getting repetitive in structure).

My only conern is the timing...and i don't mean "timing" in the sense that this is all heating up just prior to the election. I mean timing as in where the hell was everyone when the war started and when there were anti-war people out in the streets? Where were the protest songs and protest rock tours then? The people that spoke out got nailed hard in the media or got ignored, but not many "artists" came to their defense.

I guess their defense now would be they didn't have all this evidence that the war was based on flawed intelligence. But the case for war was always debatable right from the start.

I guess my point is it's pretty easy to make this "protest" song right now...the country's split 50-50...you're guaranteed half the people will agree with you. That's not really taking that big an "artistic" chance.

Wow. Another artist making a "radical" criticism of Bush. Maybe someone should come out with a pro-Bush song. Now THAT would be shocking, and noteworthy...

JeffD

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG

This is a pretty great second single off Eminem's album, although I'm still not that impressed with the actual song. I don't know how people who say "eminem sucks, he has no talent" can actually look at those lyrics and say that. the words are amazing. But the chorus and the music aren't that great, it's a song that will be played a lot because of it's political statements and then fade in about a month.

I agree that the timing isnt that great for this record, He should have released this a week before the last day to register. It's too late to vote for this election now if you haven't already registered, so the people that this does take effect with will see it and say "Now I want to vote, but I can't anyway." ???

Back
Top Bottom