MERGED--> Discussion on Bush nominating Condi for Sec. of State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh gawd. I didn't think it could get worse but it just did. let's see....

What was the name of that report?
Rice: I believe it was "Bin Laden Determined to Strike the U.S."

And that didn't give you any clues that there may be a problem? That didn't warn you to watch out? Beef us security or something?Make sure Ashcroft doesn't cut terrorism funds? Condi's head should have rolled for the NSA missing something that big and yet she's now being promoted.

I think Condi is a highly intelligent woman. She gets a bad rap from a lot of liberals because she's a black right winger.

Macfistowannabe said:
She gets a bad rap from a lot of liberals because she's a black right winger.

She is actually not all that popular among the right in Washington either, and so either everyone's racist or maybe the woman wasn't that competent at her previous position.

I think that there is a strong good old boys network through Washington, the State and CIA are built off it.

the woman is BRILLIANT. she graduated from HS when she was 15!!!! i was still a freshman at 15!!! just never allow that woman to wear shorts.......i saw her in shorts at crawford once and it was kind of scary actually. :ohmy:

anyway i'll be interested to see how she handles that position. it's more public than the NSA.

incompetence there

U2democrat said:
the woman is BRILLIANT. she graduated from HS when she was 15!!!! i was still a freshman at 15!!! anyway i'll be interested to see how she handles that position. it's more public than the NSA.

that maybe so, but she and a whole host of others in Team Bush were fucking incompetant...when it came to 9-11.

they did not want to take, listen to a single warning that various officials in the Clinton Admin were trying to point out.

in various intell from 2 years back in 1999 it said terrorists intended to hijack planes, mash them into buildings- pentigon, and certain buildings in Lower Manhattan were flately stated in reports.

ANd in the G7/8 conference of JULY 2001 were Bush- an Airman- walked or was driven by anti-aircraft guns ringed around the conference site.

don'tcha think SOMEBODY could have put the words 'terrorists', 'planes', 'hijack' 'smash into building' 'LOWER MAHATTAN' togehter in a coherernt thought pattern POSSIBILTY and tried to do something more than they <uhum> 'did'? Especially with the Aug 6th 2001 Presidential Daily Briefing memo!

I mean Bush knew a plane had accidentally hit one of the trade towers BEFOREW he went into that school.

Don't you think that maybe he'd be worried enough, curious enough that sucha a 'strikingly' UNUSUAL incident might warrent a bit of attention, EVEN as an Accident to the tallest building in the USA[/'U] [fooled ya, bet some of you thot I was gonna say 'the World', now dija?] housing approxiamatelt 20- 25,000 people a day?!

Just a call in his Prez Limo to then Mayor Rudy or a top aide, or Mahattan borrough President, maybe? Somebody?? Huh???! :rant:

"This is the President calling. This looks really bad. Is there any thing you think we could help you with?"
Not a frigging peep!

I am a born bred NYC'er. I had 3 near misses in my circles of friends/family. I have a dear friend who's relative {a policeman]dug thru the horror by the 2nd or third day....body parts and all. <shiver> I have every right to occasionally rant about this atrocity to my :heart: people & hometown.

The operative word being Occasionally !

A relative of my own who went down to the site as a NYFD firewarden [even as a warden he had to do all the basic training a firefighter had to do] also saw thing no one should ever have to see.

Though I was in Brooklyn as it happened, and I didn't even know it at the time- because i was running around to leave the house and for a rare occasion did NOT turn on my walkman as I usually did while getting ready.....radio I can listen to, I never put on TV in the morning unless some thing extroidinarily wonderful was happening or something extroidinarally BAD happened-- I saw the cloud of destruction just after it doubled as the North Tower fell, becuase it was higher than the closer and mid- far Downtown Brooklyn buildings that blocked my view of the towers. I could see on nice days the top 10 stories from my by the subway I often take going into Manhatten

Some day Karma or some kind of findings and then court justice will 'reward' this Incompitency.....for maybe if Busho had read or remembered that Aug 6th memo at least might have saved The Pentagon Atrocity from happening, if not my sweet, dear City.

:rant: and questions over.

Last edited:
Libs have always been threatened by Condi simply because she is a black female. It shuts down their arguement that conservatives are racist, sexist, etc.

Zoocoustic said:
Libs have always been threatened by Condi simply because she is a black female. It shuts down their arguement that conservatives are racist, sexist, etc.

there ARE a whole bunch of racist Conservatives & neo-cons out there. Just go read some of the shit that is deposited every day in some of those white powertype sites.

Yes and Liberals too can be rascist, though in them it's sometimes more hidden, or even unconcious or sometimes less than in some conservatives.:madspit:

Racism is racism, it would be very dumb to try and lump it all with mild political persuasion. That previous post was a profoundly unsettling one, there was a failure on 9.11 but it would be wrong to dump it all on this administration.

U2democrat said:
the woman is BRILLIANT. she graduated from HS when she was 15!!!!

That does not mean she is competent at her job.

There is quite a difference between being an academic achiever (with a high IQ) and common sense and success in the real world.

I work every day with PhDs from the world's best institutions. They are incredibly intelligent people, and a good majority lack the sort of social skills that any car mechanic has. A good half of them live in a world of academia, completely removed from reality, unable to relate to colleagues or employees or students.

Condi's brilliance was not exhibited in her position as NSA.

A_Wanderer said:
Racism is racism, it would be very dumb to try and lump it all with mild political persuasion. That previous post was a profoundly unsettling one, there was a failure on 9.11 but it would be wrong to dump it all on this administration.

you can dump a whole lot on Temn Bush

If you read some of the footnotes in the 9-11 report it shows more than what the genreal report says.

and its been said that part 2 of it {the report] was held back because of the election, because it's more sepcific on peoples failure.

You are exactly right, if I were to read some of the footnotes then I could blame most of it on the Bush administration, of course I could also read the rest and understand that there were other failures and ultimately fixing the problems are better than blame.

anitram said:

There is quite a difference between being an academic achiever

Amen

she is qualified for the Bush Admin because she has an Oil Tanker named after her.

A_Wanderer said:
You are exactly right, if I were to read some of the footnotes then I could blame most of it on the Bush administration, of course I could also read the rest and understand that there were other failures and ultimately fixing the problems are better than blame.

2,000 plus dead people and others thousands still living with truama sez you're wrong

besides not everyf ootnote was pertaining to the particualr things i was talking about.

and it [my previous post] kind of 'should' feel unsettling because maybe there really was real incompentency on the part of team bushin the high levels. it happened on their watch with all the previous clinton admin warnings IGNORED!

dazzledbylight said:

you can dump a whole lot on Temn Bush

If you read some of the footnotes in the 9-11 report it shows more than what the genreal report says.

and its been said that part 2 of it {the report] was held back because of the election, because it's more sepcific on peoples failure.

Isn't it so easy looking back with hindsight?

condoleeza at Powell's place

What do you think about this?
Some said that she's not so much aware of the situation, for instance, in the Middle East. Is that true?

There's no question that Condi is very bright, also very enterprising, and a strong person in general. This is going to be interesting. The pressure is really on now. I wouldn't want that job, to put it mildly.

anitram said:

There is quite a difference between being an academic achiever (with a high IQ) and common sense and success in the real world.

I work every day with PhDs from the world's best institutions. They are incredibly intelligent people, and a good majority lack the sort of social skills that any car mechanic has. A good half of them live in a world of academia, completely removed from reality, unable to relate to colleagues or employees or students.

Condi's brilliance was not exhibited in her position as NSA.

That's true. It's not just intelligence. It takes a dash of good old common sense, too, something alot of geniuses don't have.

dazzledbylight said:

there ARE a whole bunch of racist Conservatives & neo-cons out there. Just go read some of the shit that is deposited every day in some of those white powertype sites.

Yes and Liberals too can be rascist, though in them it's sometimes more hidden, or even unconcious or sometimes less than in some conservatives.:madspit:

Reckless accusations of racism are racist as well

Zoocoustic said:

ROTFLMAO! I love it :up:

It's hilarious how conservatives find a qualified person for the spots who is a woman and/or minority so no one can diss the choice without appearing non PC :lmao: It really backs any opposition up against the wall.

Go Condi!

Zoocoustic said:

Or maybe they just realize that "black female" does not necessarily equal "competent National Security Advisor", and at any rate, appointing one black female to your cabinet does not constitute sufficient evidence that you are not racist and/or sexist.

Look, no serious minded person argues that "conservatives are racist and sexist." If you see someone arguing such, feel free to dismiss them out of hand. They might argue that some conservatives are racist and sexist, and indeed some are. Or they might argue that Republicans - not conservatives - pander to racists and sexists to win their vote. And indeed, they do.

Last edited:
Why is it that because I don't approve of Gonzales getting Attorney General and Rice getting Sec. of State that I'm automatically a racist? We should not be putting people into those jobs because of the color of their skin. These are the most important people in this country and they should be judged solely on their qualifications. Under normal circumstances, Condi would have been fired at this point for the following reasons:

-- name of CIA agent possibly leaked from her office in violation of Treason Act
-- put knowingly false information into the state of the union address [yellowcake anyone? they knew it was wrong and put it in there anyway]
-- "I believe the name of the report was 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike the U.S.' " Again, as has been mentioned, 3000 people died because she didn't heed the warnings of the previous administration and her OWN intelligence agencies.

If she weren't so cosy with the president, she would have been fired at this point.

U2Kitten said:

ROTFLMAO! I love it :up:

It's hilarious how conservatives find a qualified person for the spots who is a woman and/or minority so no one can diss the choice without appearing non PC :lmao: It really backs any opposition up against the wall.

Go Condi!

See, this kind of behaviour has a name. It's called "tokenism".

strannix said:

See, this kind of behaviour has a name. It's called "tokenism".

But it works, because there is no defense to it.

And how do you know Bush doesn't really believe Condi is best for the job?

Originally posted by Sharky
Why is it that because I don't approve of Gonzales getting Attorney General and Rice getting Sec. of State that I'm automatically a racist?

I don't think you are and I'm not saying you are. But because things are like that, there is always the chance someone will get accused of it so it's a catch-22.

Oh, I'm sure Bush believes he's picked the most qualified person. Condi is a very bright, accomplished woman, with many capabilities, but you don't get power like she has without enemies, "pickets, protests and objections", as I like to say. That's politics and she knows it.

U2Kitten said:

But it works, because there is no defense to it.

And how do you know Bush doesn't really believe Condi is best for the job?

I don't know what Bush believes. I don't pretend to; you're putting words in my mouth.

My response was to the behavior you described, which I find infantile and rather racist in its own right.

Back
Top Bottom