MERGED --> Dead Line Passed! + War Has Started??? + it's official + The War Has Begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:
This is a very limited strike. IMHO we are specifically Targeting Saddam with the hopes of whiping him out and not starting a full scale war.

I hope this works.

I'm confused, Dread. What's all this stuff about "shock and awe" about? Quick surrenders?:confused: :confused:

Honestly....I think they lied just like they lied before the last war.

MSNBC is pissing me off. They just said we already have Special Forces inside of Bagdahd working with Iraqi dissidents.

They are not reporting on the southern part of Iraq. There very well may be mass surrender.

Dreadsox, I agree with you.

It is strange how CNN (I hate that channel, btw) keeps pointing out that they have no cameras in southern Iraq. What is going on over there? We want to know.

MSNBC is reporting that the British were not expecting this as well. Something about a statement saying this was not in the scope of the battle plan.

It seems that this is definitely the targeting of Iraqi leadership.

Please help me out. I'm watching MSNBC and every 6 or 7 minutes the samr silverish looking suv and another vehicle keep appearing at the intersection.

Too qoute an American Icon " I may be off my nut" but does anyone else see the same. Is it a tape?

they just said on Larry King that the war started at this time because of a target where they believed Sadaam was.

It may be hours before we learn of the outcome of the initial "decapitation strike". Hopefully there will be no need for further strikes.

They finally reported of hearing strikes from Iran in southern Iraq, but are low balling it. Again - kept in the dark. With the technology we have it shoudn't be happening.

All these still pictures of Bagdad keep showing these phallic shaped buildings.

They need new architects when we rebuild.

It is all about the comm. I feel proud that when I was in that is what I did and what is the major point of all of this. The news keeps talking about the comm and how it determines what they do. I do comm now but just as a civ.

That was a gutsy move...going solo to try to take out one of 5 Iraqi leaders (if not more, according to NBC)...especially so close to dawn...very shocking indeed.

verte76 said:

I'm confused, Dread. What's all this stuff about "shock and awe" about? Quick surrenders?:confused: :confused:

i think it's a slight reference to blitzkrieg (sorry, i can't spell german). sort of an extremely concentrated blitzkrieg (blitzkrieg being an all-out attack taking out powergrids, communications, etc) - like dread said, concentrating mainly on weeding out saddam.

I think those 17 Iraqis who surrendered today may be a preview of things to come. Remember last time when Iraqi troops were surrendering to reporters???

This is not shock and awe. That was total deception. SHock and awe may come though. We shall see. Pray this works it could save many many lives.

G'night poeple....

I think this war would be a short one. I'm sure this would go over well.
I just hope Bush has logical plans in store for Iraq once Saddam is gone. He better not leave Iraq in chaos or put in a situation where it would be anothe Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Lilly said:
i don't know what everyone was expecting at zero hour. it's not like the world was about to blow up. the media circus following something so serious and so real is sickening.

screw marketing.

Really, no kidding.

That countdown clock was really pissing me off.

They say that this place that was bombed was, they think, a place where some people from the Iraqi leadership were.

I'm thinking, I hope that they got the right people and that bomb didn't just get a building that had civilians in it.

The weirdest thing about all this-this is going to be in history books someday. My children and grandchildren will be learning about this.

That still takes some getting used to for me.

These images are definitely creepy-it was eerie to hear birds chirping.

And the bombs...they sound like thunder.

What a lovely wake-up call, huh? :rolleyes:.

Good morning, Baghdad.

May God have mercy on the souls of the people of Baghdad and in the rest of Iraq.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom