Memorial / For those who died...for him

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMaCo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Bush2.jpg

:sad:

Maybe I can draw a collage with the 200,000 bodies with holes in their skulls that have been dug up around Iraq.

That is a FUBAR mosaic.

is that all 1000? very moving. regardless of political beliefs, I don't care who is president, those men and women should be saluted for their bravery.

sharky said:
I don't care who is president, those men and women should be saluted for their bravery.

Yes indeed..I don't care for Bush, but I don't exactly like this mosaic either. No offense MissMaCo. I understand the point of it, but it's not how I would choose to honor those men and women

I don't care for Bush, either, and I do think these brave men and women should be commemorated, I just am not sure it's like this. Maybe they should put up a statue somewhere or something.

Died for him? Out of their duty come a respect for the office. But their oath is not to a man.

We may not be able to measure it today, but we and our children have benefited from their last full measure of devotion.

The point is that they all died in a meaningless, immoral, pointless, unprovoked war, because of the ego of THAT man. Iraq was not a threat to us. We were not in danger. They died for that man's ego.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Yes indeed..I don't care for Bush, but I don't exactly like this mosaic either. No offense MissMaCo. I understand the point of it, but it's not how I would choose to honor those men and women

'tis strange to talk about honor, I mean, I did not think of this word at first. When I first saw this pic, I thought it was very ironic and pathetic as well. The meaning of the word "memorial" is ironic too. I agree to say that maybe those people didn't die BECAUSE OF George Bush himself, but he was the one who decided to go on war, so that's not really a form of paying a tribute to those people but IMO rather to underline what some people call the big mistake of Bush.

:shrug:

But indeed, this is a very puzzling image and I'm thinking about studying it with my students. There are a lot of things to say ! And it's interesting to share our opinions on it ! :)

I want to remind everyone to tread very carefully in this thread. I'm going to keep it open for now, but I do see this as being pretty damn inflammatory, so I will close it at the first sign of trouble.

paxetaurora said:
I want to remind everyone to tread very carefully in this thread. I'm going to keep it open for now, but I do see this as being pretty damn inflammatory, so I will close it at the first sign of trouble.

:reject:

I think it's the first or second time only I posted here in FYM. I thought the image was interesting to share our ideas and I wasn't looking for trouble of course. I saw some other threads here which I thought were very / more polemical that's why I didn't put any text with the pic. I was just eager to awake some artistic suggestions about it first and then some personal opinions.

I'm sorry if I hurt someone with that pic.

I hate Bush for using 9/11 victims for personal gain, i hate people who use killed soldiers to attack Bush also.

If you a soldier signed in the army without pressure you are fighting for you country and you can die. If a soldier not want to fight a wrong war ( in his opinion ) he should be allowed to resign.

paxetaurora said:

I request that this thread be closed or taken off entirely. It is simply too offensive. I think that is as careful as I can be.

It seems to me to be more of a damnation of Bush than a salute to the dead. Inappropriate is the first word that comes to mind.

I agree with Sting, this is blatent politicizing of death, we have a War thread dedicated to the memory of those who died and numerous threads on the technicalities of going to war. It should be locked or else bitterness may follow.

Fair enough if you guys want this thread closed. I want to make it clear that it is not being closed because of MissMaCo and her starting the thread at all. Sometimes we cant tell how a topic will unfold and if this one is too sensitive for some, no one will argue with that.

So this will be put to rest, because it seems the best option, not because of the replies in it. I dont want anyone to feel responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom