Memorial for the communists who died for us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine511 said:

oh my.

Dread, you know i love many of your posts, but this one ... my goodness, as an American, it behooves me to say that i in no way support the above sentiments.

to each his own, to your drill instructor the right to say all of that, but please -- to the non-Americans out there -- this does not speak for many of us.

Good, I figured many would not.

My Drill instructor is a hero.

nbcrusader said:

Perhaps you miss the point of how you train a military force? Not a police force. Not a counselor force. A military force.

i ran that quote by two friends of mine who have served in the Armed Forces.

both did not like it.

is chanting about the blood of communists somehow indispensible to training?

i am also not questioning the drill instructor's, or the Armed Force's, rights to say whatever they want.

i am simply stating that they do not speak for me.

and i find that particular phrase to be embarassing.

A_Wanderer said:
No, blame the communists for the excessive deaths of Russian soldiers, Stalins broad tactics combined with the strategy of massive rushes cost many lives unneccesarily. The communists also brought about renewed brutal dictatorship to many after the war.

A great debt is owed to those who fought in the Great Patriotic War and that should not be understated but Stalin arguably did a lot more harm than good in directing the war effort and liberation from Nazi tyranny was sadly followed by 50 years of Soviet tyranny.
Yes, Wanderer, this is the sad truth. All of you have probably watched, or at least heard of "Saving Private Ryan". No chance that could have happened in the Red Army. Life of an individual was never the issue there, and unfortunately doesn't seem to be much of an issue now.

Dreadsox said:
I learned in Boot Camp...

What makes the grass grow?

Blood Blood Blood

What Kind of blood?

Commie Blood.

At least that is what my Drill Instructor told me.

God Bless theUnited States Armed Forces.

This bit of nationalism....brought to you by....Dreadsox

muahahahaha :up:

good quote, and also posted at the right place, Dread. your cynicism is refreshing :)

there you can see how mentally cruel and stupid military training can be. with trainers crying like ducks trying to impose a certain authority. oh well, we have the same in my home country.

a very critical freind of mine hated the military training so much that he flushed our flag down the toilet. yeah, that guy´s got some balls.

I did not find my training mentally cruel.

God bless the men and women of the US armed forces. Those who served and died over the last 200 plus years.

Amen.

Irvine511 said:

i ran that quote by two friends of mine who have served in the Armed Forces.

both did not like it.

is chanting about the blood of communists somehow indispensible to training?

i am also not questioning the drill instructor's, or the Armed Force's, rights to say whatever they want.

i am simply stating that they do not speak for me.

and i find that particular phrase to be embarassing.

Your friends served before the fall of the wall in Berlin?

...and another one bites the dust.

God bless all the men and women who have fought for noble ideals, ever.

Everyone happy with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom