Mel Gibson To Produce Holocaust Miniseries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:
So your against it yet you find it humorous.

What the heck are you talking about? Sorry, I really don't know. I find what humorous? Please don't put words on the screen that I don't say, if that's what you're doing.

This what you said near the bottom of Page 18.

"No I don't hate Mel, I hate anti-Semitism. And no I don't find racist or sexist jokes to be funny. I tend to like humor that isn't at the expense of anyone's religion, race, or gender"

:eyebrow:

So you laugh at a person of color being called wet back, ******, crackers,woman as ovens etc... But as long as it's not aimed towards you and this is either on HBO or you attended the show.

Justin24 said:

The only people who give a fuck about racism is people who let it get to them. When I hear someone call me a dirty mexican I just laugh it off and say no I am half Guatemalan. Thats problem with this world. We have turned into a punch of fucking pussies.

And how about you get piss drunk and see what shit you or anyone of you will say.

This is such bullshit Justin. Just look at world history, this hate leads to many other things than name calling.

And no, no matter how wasted you tried to get me, this shit wouldn't come out of my mouth. That's not how alcohol works. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, not make you make up shit.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This is such bullshit Justin. Just look at world history, this hate leads to many other things than name calling.

And no, no matter how wasted you tried to get me, this shit wouldn't come out of my mouth. That's not how alcohol works. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, not make you make up shit.

Well then we should be on a mission and go around the world where people call each other racial names. Maybe that will help ease tensions in Iraq.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Justin are you drunk?

Nope. I dont Like Alchohal. I only got drunk once and that was last year for my birthday and I will never do it again.

Justin24 said:
So you laugh at a person of color being called wet back, ******, crackers,woman as ovens etc... But as long as it's not aimed towards you and this is either on HBO or you attended the show.

You're making me angry Justin, you must be misundertanding what I said. I clearly said I didn't like that type of humor, did I not? Let me check again. Maybe some other people can verify that for me, maybe FYM is making me lose my mind..wouldn't be the first time.

You are either misunderstanding or just twisting my words, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

And honestly please do not ever say I would laugh at someone being called names like that, I resent that.

Isn't at the expense of.. means it's not racist, sexist, etc- last time I checked.

And I don't even have HBO and never go to comedy shows, have never even been to one.

Justin24 said:

Well then we should be on a mission and go around the world where people call each other racial names. Maybe that will help ease tensions in Iraq.

Well yes the world would be a much better place if everyone could erase the hate from their heart.

The names aren't the problem, it's the hate behind the names.

He never got an apology for criticism of Passion Of The Christ. Boo hoo

people.com

In the second and final part of his interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer, Mel Gibson talked about his statement, made after his July 28 drunken driving arrest, that "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

Without being specific, Gibson, 50, said on Friday's Good Morning America that he had begun talking to Jewish people he knows to make amends for his outburst.

Gibson said his remarks to his arresting officer in Malibu may have been sparked by the war between Israel and Lebanon, which had begun 17 days earlier. "Now, maybe it was just that very day that Lebanon and Israel were at it, you know," he said.

Asked if the Jews were responsible for that conflict, Gibson said, "Well, strictly speaking, that's, that's not true because it takes two to tango. What are they responsible for? I think that they're not blameless in the conflict. There's been aggression, and retaliation and aggression. It's just part of being in conflict, and being at war. So they're not blameless."

After circling the topic with Sawyer for some time, Gibson finally said he wanted to face the camera and make a statement. "Let me be real clear here, in sobriety, sitting here, in front of you, national television," he said, "that I don't believe that Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. I mean that's an outrageous, drunken statement."

Gibson also said he was angry about past accusations that his 2004 movie, The Passion of the Christ, featured anti-Semitic imagery. "The other place it may have come from is, you know, as you know, a couple of years ago I released the film Passion. Even before anyone saw a frame of the film, for an entire year, I was subjected to a pretty brutal sort of public beating," he said.

"During the course of that, I think I probably had my rights violated in many different ways as an American. You know. As an artist. As a Christian. Just as a human being, you know."

At the time, some critics worried that the film could incite violence against Jews, although Gibson said that didn't happen. "The film came out. It was released, and you could have heard a pin drop, you know. Even the crickets weren't chirping," he said. "But the other thing I never heard was one single word of apology."

Sawyer also asked Gibson about his father's widely quoted comments denying the Holocaust. Hutton Gibson, now 88, has said that the killing of six million Jews by the Nazis in Europe was "mostly fiction" and that reports about the genocide were "overly hyped."

"We're talking about me right now," Gibson said, fidgeting in his chair. "And me taking responsibility for my words and actions. And I'm certainly not going to use him, to sort of put anything off of me. It isn't the explanation for what happened that night. It isn't. It has nothing to do with it. That's in my own heart."

He added, "I was taught that there are good and bad people of any race and creed, you know."

i think he should apologize for subjecting me to all that violence, anti-semetic depictions of the high priests aside.

Whats wrong with Violence in Film when it needs to be there? Will you see Apocolypto?? I heard it's going to be pretty bloody. The Mayan civilization was that way, with human sacrifices and killing there enemy.

I want an apology for having to listen to Cindy Sheehan whine, Al Franken, whine, Rush Whine, Ann Coulter whine and other shit!!

Last edited:
Justin24 said:

That's not necessary Justin, that's what he said-it's in the article. Mel is the classic case of a guy who tries to make himself the victim rather then admit to his failings.

No need to roll your eyes at me for saying boohoo, honestly I'm really tired of your (seeming) vendetta against me. It's silly and bordering on rude. You have some real defensiveness about Mel Gibson, but there's no need to be that way. I have no animosity towards you, but I'd like to be able to express my opinion on here without being subjected to your eyerolling and to what you did to me yesterday on this thread.

I had apologized earlier those faces were from earlier after your comment where you said I was being rude I apologized and I am doing so again.

Well I appreciate the apology, just please try not to be that way, ok? You can't just keep doing that and then apologizing. I don't think I ever did anything to justify the way you are acting towards me. I have actually tried to be supportive towards you in your threads in ZC etc. But I can't pretend to agree with you in FYM when I don't. I do my best to disagree in a polite way-that's all I ask in return.

Will do and I appreciate that. I am just saying that people in here who claim that they want to follow the ways of christ and ask show forgivness do no show that. Jesus said he who has not sinned cast the first stone. So I am guess no one in here has sinned and have the right to write there own hate towards a fellow brother and human being (Mel Gibson)

Justin24 said:
I am just saying that people in here who claim that they want to follow the ways of christ and ask show forgivness do no show that. Jesus said he who has not sinned cast the first stone. So I am guess no one in here has sinned and have the right to write there own hate towards a fellow brother and human being (Mel Gibson)

You really have no right to judge me (or anyone else here) as a Christian Justin, please don't do that. Because I hate his actions and words and am not afraid to say so does not mean I am any less of a Christian. I have sinned numerous times, and do and will. You have no idea what I have forgiven in my personal life, or really no idea what kind of Christian I am - so please do not go there.

I have a responsibility as a Christian to speak out against hatred, racism, anti-Semitism, etc. That's what Jesus is all about for me, in addition to forgiveness and love. I take that responsibility far more seriously than I do hurting Mel Gibson's feelings or his rather large ego. I don't hate him, for the last time I don't. So can we just drop this?

I am NOT picking on you. I do not agree with what Mel Gibson Said. He will answer for that in the end. All I am saying is get off his back live your life and let him live his. Jesus H. Christ.

Plus I did not even mention you name.:eyebrow:

Doing what?? Your making no sense at all I never mentioned you in the above post.

What ever Jeez.

Well since no one else is here *crickets*, and since you indicate from your posts that I am so unfair to Mel, what the heck do you expect me to think. That's it, I'm not going to discuss it anymore. You have made judgments about people here in general and their Christianity before, it's really something we should all not do here. I think I am making sense, you just don't like what I'm saying :shrug:

I am just saying that people in here who claim that they want to follow the ways of christ and ask show forgivness do no show that. Jesus said he who has not sinned cast the first stone. So I am guess no one in here has sinned and have the right to write there own hate towards a fellow brother and human being (Mel Gibson)

That's what you said, am I supposed to think it's directed at the wall? :shrug:

Again, that's it. Let's drop it.

Back
Top Bottom