Medical Marijuana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm...

I wonder how many people here have "inhaled" at one point or another.

I have. Years ago. About 5 or 6 times over the span of 5 years or so.

I'm a "wild man", eh???

Thing is... most of those times I was totally drunk beforehand... so I never got the "true effects".

Anyway, that was another guy... a guy who was "lost in his 20s".

... now I'm a guy how is.. well, "trying to read the map", in his 30's.

So... Do YOU party, dude?????

I am not trying to take sides in this.

I think one arguement the people in favor of legalizing pot is because of where people get the pot. Since you cant get it legally, people resort to drug dealers to buy it. These drug dealers are the ones exposing the people who use pot to more harmful drugs like heroin. Thus, by legalizing it, you remove that contact, possibly lowering the use of seriously harmful drugs.

Another reason pot is used medicinally is because it stimulates appetite in people whose medication makes them naseous and unable to eat.

Keep in mind, this is not my opinion, I read it in Maclean's (a Canadian weekly news magazine).

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Originally posted by Hitman:
oh and Sicilian Goddess, you sound like my dream woman!

eek.gif
smile.gif
Send yer pic my way..
wink.gif

LOL @ Nate...

I am not your normal spazz matic, oh i need to go get my nails and hair done hee hee like omigod a car? What the hell is a manifold kinda girl.

wink.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
eek.gif
smile.gif
Send yer pic my way..
wink.gif

LOL @ Nate...

I am not your normal spazz matic, oh i need to go get my nails and hair done hee hee like omigod a car? What the hell is a manifold kinda girl.

wink.gif

hhmmmm...brunette, changes own oil, likes U2.......(adding your points up).....

------------------
Nate

"Sometimes I feel like I dont' know
Sometimes I feel like checking out
I wanna get it wrong
Can't Always be strong
And love it won't be long..."

-Ultraviolet

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 08-18-2001).]

I really like pot...to tell you the truth. I'm not pot head, but it can be a lot of fun to smoke a blunt on a Saturday afternoon once in a while and chill. Have you ever smoked pot Rougerum? If you haven't, how can you comment on it's effects? Drugs such as cocaine and heroin are life killers, and extremely addictive. There is nothing wrong with pot, like Sicilian Goddess said its a freaking plant for gods sake. Do you really think people should not have the right to have a beer? Thats insane. Iraq may be a good place for you if thats what you think, people there have no rights to do anything....

I have smoked pot before and the fact that it is natural doesn't mean it is good. How many other countless plants that are posionous happen to be natural as well. What I have against pot is the only purpose it serves is to get high which is basically get intoxicated and I don't believe people have a right to get intoxicated. Oh yeah you will make the excuse you are doing it in the privacy of your own home but that doesn't matter, when I see the figures of how intoxication is connected with child abuse and how the major problems in america now are how families aren't staying together and that is causing so many problems with the kids. Parents are being forced to work more and more leaving their kids alone or at a daycare center fighting for the attention of 3 adults who are watching around 30 kids. Pot has proven to have no legitimate medical purpose. Everyone in the scientific community says that. So I ask why do you want to add yet another drug into this society when we are falling so far behind with running society to a good level now. All pot would do is add on to the problem.

~rougerum

You probly wouldnt guess a lot of things about me.

Like I work on my car by me self, change the oil every 3000 miles, by me self, I can play ping pong, air hockey, darts, and pool very well.

More to come later......

zahn.gif

wow.

------------------
Nate

I wanna get it wrong
Can't Always be strong

-Ultraviolet

Nice retort, rougerum. I couldn't agree more. Of course, I always find it funny that:

1) they always ask if you've tried it

but,

2) if you say that you still don't like it, they think you either:

--> a) must not have have done enough, or
--> b) you're defective

How curious indeed. I hate all that shit. Period.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

I can blow smoke rings with cigarette smoke. My thumbs bend backwards and I can put my legs behind my head. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot using nothing but my tongue.

More to come later..

greenhead.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 08-19-2001).]

I can blow smoke rings with cigarette smoke. My thumbs bend backwards and I can put my legs behind my head. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot using nothing but my tongue.

More to come later..

greenhead.gif

rolling_eyes.gif

------------------
Nate

I wanna get it wrong
Can't Always be strong

-Ultraviolet

well melon, i dont know if i'll ever be able to change your mind but you really have to think for the future. If we dont start to wage a war on drugs that can be effective instead of ahving a all or nothing idealism then you'll only see drugs become more and more prevelent in society.

Drugs will never go away and if you can accept that then you might be able to move ahead on the drug front. All of North America soon enough will have drugs in their lives. Most already do now. Go after the heads of the drug trade not the people who do nothing wrong to the extent of serious criminals.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

The drug war can be fought, politicians just don't want to do it because of politics and how they have to make groups happy.

First off, the military should be put on the mexican border and should help out the border patrol. The military should also be watched and overseen very closely so corruption doesn't lead into the military. The Navy should be brought down to help the coast guard also and be given the same requirements. The military's main purpose is to protect our borders, they are made for this job. I believe at least 75% of all the drugs that come through the southern border can be stopped by the addition of the military.

Second, all states should follow the example of Alabama with their drug policy of when someone is arrested and if drugs are found in their system they are to be immediately taken out of their previous society and put into drug rehab. Alabama has the best results for putting people into this system and keeping them off drugs when they are released because it is the removal of the person from his environment and putting him into a controlled one. If all states followed Alabama's example, more good will be done.

These are only two examples of what needs to be done right away, there are indeed many more problems like how drugs come from other places in the world, those problems should be dealt with later and these enforced now. You have to start somewhere, I say start here.

~rougerum

The drug "war" will never be won. They should stop fighting. Anyone who thinks that drugs can be stopped should get their head out of the sand. Why don't we fight the "war" on poverty or some other bullshit war instead. The only way to combat drugs and their problems is knowledge, understanding and treatment. Not more misplaced government funds.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Originally posted by Henry Rollins:
I believe at least 75% of all the drugs that come through the southern border can be stopped by the addition of the military.

~rougerum

Hmmmm...75%. IS that a number that jsut sounded good. Well B.C.(britsh columbia) exports 6 billion dollars worth of weed alone! Also BC weed is up to 10 times more potent then weed from mexico or columbia. And if, BIG IF, they were to ever put a hole in the trade coming from mexico then people would just start to grow it in the states. It is grown in the states you know!

Secondly your statement about Alabama. I would really like to look at the money they spend on drug rehab. I bet you they spend a huge amount per capita over any other state.

Poverty is a battle that is not even being waged! We should get our priorites straight. Homeless turn to hard drugs. So why dont we start at the root of the problem. I would emstimate that a higher percentage of hard drug users are homeless or are below the poverty line.

Weed is the least harmless drug out there, including caffenie, alchol and niccotine.

Lets fight those. Oh we cant. They make us too much money!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Bonoman, do you listen to me ever? I said that those two things would be a starting point and all other problems such as places drugs come from would be dealt with later once the first two were enforced.

You are wrong again, Alabama actually spends very little on the war against drugs. It is just that their program actually works, if you want to accept that or not, which I think you refuse to. Alabama is not one of the biggest money spending states at all, you should look to New York and California for that.

~rougerum

per capita.

Sorry buddy but if you ever think that weed will be contained your chaseing a dream that you'll never catch!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom