media sensationalism - a poll for my speech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where do you get your war news?

• I stay away from news completely.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only depend on written sources (newspapers).

• I watch MSNBC.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I watch FOX.

• I watch CNN.

• I watch a different all day news channel.

• I depend on my nightly news for updates.

• I depend on other, more informed people to tell me what's happening.

• I rely on the internet (forums, news pages).

• I am indifferent to news.

• All of the above. (please describe if you can)

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Well, I have to do a speech of personal attitude for my speech course and decided that after yesterday when I saw the "orange" alert and thought it was red and almost had a freakout I would do media sensationalism.

I'm going to post a series of polls, if you could spare a few moments to take them, that would REALLY help me out.

If you want to reply with a more in depth answer, that's more than welcome.

Thanks everyone.

good idea, but your missing a very important option. there is no "all of the above."

i pretty much change channels the entire time, and read different articles from different sources.

i imagine im not the only one.

It is hard to vote for just one. I listen to the radio during the day (news and NPR) and scan multiple news web sites. In the evening, it is mostly CNN, MSNBC, ABC and whatever other all-news channels provided.

I also engage in conversations to get others' reaction or perspective to the news.

I watch CNN, FoxNews, BBC, PBS, MSNBC, try and catch a little of the big three nightly news, and then also learn and get interesting takes on things from people here in the forum. I try and spread it around quite a bit so that I can see if different sources are agreeing or if they have contridictory stories.

Right now I've noticed that the BBC is a little behind the others, and they will spend more time talking about some of the resistence that the troops are dealing with in the field.

I just try and stay informed and try and keep an open mind. In a time like this a closed mind or an uninformed / misinformed mind is a dangerous thing. Although I'm sure everyone is getting misinformation from biased news sources no matter what opinion they hold.

At work, we're supposed to watch a news channel when the House isn't in session (I saw "supposed to" because sometimes I watch Hollywood Squares or something and others have been known to watch sports). I usually have mine on CNN since we just have the local news, MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News. The rest of my office watching Fox News, so I usually hear their tvs too because they don't use headphones. I read the Washington Post, Washington Times, LA Times, and Wall Street Journal and lots of other news sites online. We also get updates from the WH and DoD at work.

i picked nbc/msnbc, but i also check out other channels. i also read the chicago tribune. and i check out lots of news sites on the internet including international news sites.

I picked all of the above.

I surf from news site to news site (CNN, Time, MSNBC, CBC, Moscowtimes, BBC)

As for televsion, I go local and right now there is so much covergae pre-empting regular scheduled programming. So I flick from local, to Global National, to CBC NEwsworld and NBC.

I stay away from Fox and don't generally read the newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom