McCarty to pay $50M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that is only about $1400
for each hour she was married. :shrug:

What do you think he gets paid for an hour show?

Everyone says that, but, legally, it doesn't matter. There's no prenuptial agreement, and, thus, there's usually an expectation that an ex-spouse is entitled to a standard of living equivalent to what he/she was living before, barring such an agreement.

Considering that he's worth close to a billion dollars, what's a measly fifty million to him anyway? I have better things to do with my life than to feel sorry for a billionaire.

melon said:
Everyone says that, but, legally, it doesn't matter. There's no prenuptial agreement, and, thus, there's usually an expectation that an ex-spouse is entitled to a standard of living equivalent to what he/she was living before, barring such an agreement.

Even if there was a pre-nup, the fact they now have a child, who will reside with her, at least part of the time, and the child is used to a certain standard of living, you can bet that he'd have had to cough up significant funds.

It is not unheard of for wealthy fathers who had pre-nups to be paying around $100K/month for child support.

melon said:

Considering that he's worth close to a billion dollars, what's a measly fifty million to him anyway? I have better things to do with my life than to feel sorry for a billionaire.

This is correct, and I'm with you in not particularly giving a damn about it.

But she's clearly a gold-digger.

melon said:
the standard equivalent to before they got married or divorced?

because the judge did state (though not in these exact words) that Mills couldn't expect she was entitled living according to the standard McCartney was able to provide her with

Salome said:

because the judge did state (though not in these exact words) that Mills couldn't expect she was entitled living according to the standard McCartney was able to provide her with

I didn't read the judgment, but again, they have a child, and that child would be entitled to the same standard of living she has always experienced. The practical result of that is that the huge amount of child support (which, at least here, you can never contract out of) that would allow the child to live at that standard would by necessity also increase the mother's standard of living.

Salome said:
the standard equivalent to before they got married or divorced?

Yes. She will have to settle with being a multimillionaire, rather than a billionaire.

I guess you could call it a "minor inconvenience" for both involved.

Back
Top Bottom