McCain short of cash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
The latest from the campaign trail.........

The presidential campaign of Senator John McCain, the Arizona Republican who once seemed to be poised to be his party's nominee, acknowledged that it was in a political and financial crisis as a drop in fundraisers forced it to dismiss dozens of workers and aids and retool its strategy on where to compete.
The campaign said that decline in contributions had left it with $2 million. It said it had just raised just $11.2 million over the last three million over the last three months, despite McCain's pledge to do better than his anemic $13 million showing in the first three months of the year.
McCain's advisors laid blame for his most recent spate of problems on his close association with the recently defeated immigration bill, which prompted a sharp backlash against his campaign from conservatives already skeptical of his idealological credentials.
But he has also had to contend with a host of other issues, including his support of the Iraq war, opposition from evangelical voters, the prospect of former Senator Fred D. Thompson's entry into the race, and the sense that his continuing struggles to raise money were consuming the campaign and making fundraising even more difficult.
McCain was visiting Iraq as his aides moved to reshuffle his campaign organization a second time. They said they will focus his efforts now on three states, Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. The problems fuiled speculation that McCain would pull out of the race, a notion that his aides were quick to reject.

What happened? People used to think this guy was unbeatable. Now Guiliani and Romney are beating the pants off of him in fundraising and in the polls.

verte76 said:

What happened? People used to think this guy was unbeatable. Now Guiliani and Romney are beating the pants off of him in fundraising and in the polls.

Sting2 cursed him by speaking way too early.

Re: Re: McCain short of cash

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Sting2 cursed him by speaking way too early.

He sure did. Now Guiliani seems to be the one to beat for the party's nomination. McCain is in all sorts of trouble.

Fred Thompson is also a contender.

I'd say Rudy has a very slight edge over Thompson. I think McCain will continue to lose support and Romney will gain some.

I'd say McCain is done at this point. I'm not too happy about this possibly elevating Guiliani even more within the GOP race.

I dig Giuliani, having lived in New York the first 15 years of my life than moving out west 2 years ago. He is way better than what the news makes him out to be. They give him such a bad name. Seriously!

struckpx said:
He is way better than what the news makes him out to be. They give him such a bad name. Seriously!

Wait, what, you think he gets painted better than he is? :huh: Wow, everyone who's lived in NY(especially conservatives) have told me the opposite. Interesting...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Wait, what, you think he gets painted better than he is? :huh: Wow, everyone who's lived in NY(especially conservatives) have told me the opposite. Interesting...

There are a lot of people in New York.

What question? I just said that the media bashes him all the time, when in reality he is the only true moderate in the campaign. His social beliefs are very liberal and defense ideals are moderate to conservative. That is what he is known for, however. Being someone who gets things done.

Someone up above just said that having Giuliani move up in the polls was a bad thing. I see it as a good thing. He is the only candidate that has run a large city, and Bloomberg's success is the direct result of Giuliani's mayoral years.

Giuliani is seen as a strong leader from the 9/11 days. My sister didn't like him until then, then she thinks he redeemed himself after silly stuff like raising a stink over an exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. McCain is probably going to have to drop out of the race.

Back
Top Bottom