MC Rove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, Rove is like Sanjaya-can't sing, can't dance but all warm and cuddly and cute and charming :hug:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Tell us, Mr. President, how have things changed since the last broadcasters' dinner?

"A year ago my approval rating was in the 30s, my nominee for the Supreme Court had just withdrawn, and my vice president had shot someone," President Bush said Wednesday night during the annual gathering.

"Ah," he said, "those were the good ol' days."

In keeping with the lighthearted traditions of the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, Bush poked fun at himself and a few others in remarks that drew laughter and applause at the Washington Hilton Hotel.

Bush thanked the organization for providing dinner, "and I'd like to thank Sen. Webb for providing security."

Virginia's Democratic senator, Jim Webb, had to explain this week why an aide was carrying a loaded handgun as he tried to enter a Capitol complex building.

Noting that Vice President Dick Cheney was not in attendance, Bush said: "He's had a rough few weeks. To be honest, his feelings were kind of hurt. He said he was going on vacation to Afghanistan, where people like him."

Cheney's recent trip to Afghanistan was marked by a bombing near where he was meeting with officials.

On the controversy over the Justice Department's firing of eight federal prosecutors, Bush said: "I have to admit we really blew the way we let those attorneys go. You know you've lost it when people sympathize with lawyers."

Acknowledging House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, at the head table, Bush said some had wondered how he'd get along with her. "Some say she's bossy, she's opinionated, she's not to be crossed," he said. "Hey, I get along with my mother."

Looking ahead to life after leaving the White House, Bush said he might follow President Clinton's lead and produce a memoir.

"I'm thinking of something really fun and creative for mine," he said. "You know, maybe a pop-up book."

Possible titles: "How W. Got His Groove Back," "Who Moved My Presidency?" and "Tuesdays with Cheney."

But seriously, folks, Bush noted that another person missing from the audience of broadcast journalists was Sen. Barack Obama, the Illinois Democrat running for president.

"Not enough press," the president cracked.

Comics from the TV show "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" provided the professional humor. Among other things, they persuaded Bush political adviser Karl Rove to participate in an improvised rap song.

The black-tie dinner, the group's 63rd annual gathering of journalists, politicians and their guests, features political and topical humor.

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/pla...andup.comedy.at.wh.correspondents.dinner.pool

MSNBC
April 2, 2007

PETA has Karl Rove in its crosshairs.

The animal-rights group — which usually goes after fur-wearing celebs such as Nicole Richie and Ashley Olsen — has set its sights on President Bush’s top aide.

Rove provoked the group’s ire with a rap routine he performed at the Washington Radio and TV Correspondents’ dinner.

“Listen up suckas, don’t get the jitters,” Rove rapped, “but MC Rove tears the heads off of critters.” And when asked if he has any hobbies, Rove said he enjoys “ripping the tops off of animals” and demonstrated with his hands.

“We saw your bizarre routine. . . and our first thought was, ‘Don’t give up your day job,’” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote in a letter to Rove at the White House. “On second thought, we do wish you’d give up your day job. . . . You have a severe compassion deficit and, sadly, you have the president’s ear, and the last thing this country needs is someone whispering something violent into it.”

Wasn’t Rove just joking, asked The Scoop? “He hunts DOVES!” fired back Newkirk. “They’re four-ounce symbols of PEACE.”

I saw the clip of MC Rove on Anderson Cooper 360...and I nearly puked. It's um...how shall I say it...the most revolting thing I've seen in a long time. I really don't need to hear a 60 year old man's voice crack like a 15 year old. :|

Back
Top Bottom