Master's Thesis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
Originally posted by martha:

Who has done a thesis instead of comps?

The Rhetorical Tactics of the Immigration Restriction League: An Anti-immigration Social Movement Organization, 1894 - 1924

1book.gif

Doesn't that sound like fun?

Coming soon: More about the sleepless nights that produced this masterpiece!

Stay tuned!!

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Ooooo...you're just one big ole help aren't you?
wink.gif

I read this earlier, before I went to class and when I was freaking out a little. Now, though, I feel better. The classes will be interesting and fun, and the work shouldn't be too difficult, just A LOT of it.

Sigh...

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Ok, so I start graduate school tonight. Six units on Monday nights, and still teaching 32 fourth graders full time. Am I insane?

Who has done a thesis instead of comps? What can I expect? Tell me what you did.

------------------

I had comps AND a thesis. Pure, unadulterated hell is pretty much how I would sum up my two years working on my M.A.

And what do I have to show for it?

"Scylla, Byblis, and Myrrha: Metamorphosis, Narrative, and the Feminine in Ovid"

All I can say is, Good Luck Martha!

The Impact of Benchmarking Protocols on Business Efficiencies: An Exploratory Multi-Case Study

This still makes me shudder, almost 15 years later.

Good luck!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

[This message has been edited by Crzy4Bono (edited 08-28-2001).]

Tributyltins and triphenyltins as a possible cause for the change of the species build-up in Lake Grevelingen.

Almost finished
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by martha:
Ok, so I start graduate school tonight. Six units on Monday nights, and still teaching 32 fourth graders full time. Am I insane?

*O2's trying to talk/think about something other than......well, you know......*
11ab.gif

So martha, how's grad school going so far?

------------------
"If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it." Elvis Presley

Originally posted by Like O2:

So martha, how's grad school going so far?

Great, but insane. I'm wondering when I'll get to that stack of math papers to correct, trying to finish chapters 5 and 6 in my textbook, gathering resources for my inquiry paper, and trying to figure out if I want the same soup for dinner that I had for lunch. Oh yeah, and pissing people off in the Everything forum.

Just great!!

No, really. I do like it very much. I'm learning stuff that I can use right away in my classroom. And, I'm able to stand up to things my principal wants to do that aren't supported by educational research.

Hey, TC, I'll let you know what a thesis is when I find out!
smile.gif

------------------

Thesis: "2.an essay embodying results of original research; esp: one written for an academic degree" Webster's New American Dictionary

Welcome to the bullshit world of "publish or perish".

biggrin.gif

Martha:

For my Master's in English I had a very nasty written exam, plus three short (20-30 page) thesis papers. One was on Greek drama, one on Strindberg, and the third one was on....U2! (and MTV and music video theory and pop culture and other fun stuff)

What are you getting your degree in? Best of luck!

kyra

p.s. look at all of us overeducated Interferencers!

Originally posted by Kyra1:
and the third one was on....U2! (and MTV and music video theory and pop culture and other fun stuff)

Are you serious kyra, how cool!

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Back
Top Bottom