MANDATORY health insurance, part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhh, so those violent protestors are against health care?

I'm glad you made this so clear.

You need a new computer.

You're not even bothering trying to be taken seriously are you?

I think you might be a pathological liar...:huh:

I told you yesterday. I have read old post from you ,many a year ago, of you saying the exact same things , the exact same way ,to other people , so this must be something you get a Kick out of.

I also saw the mods advice to everyone about you, and I also said, I would take it also with you, but if you could discuss properly, I would talk to you.

It is obvious this is some affliction you have. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Your stuff doesn't work with me .

I will say again. Take everything you write and reverse it. That would be you in the mirror.

You can say whatever you want, but if you can't say it respectfully, please do not post to me .

I don't live in your world.

Good Luck.. or something.

There ya go.

OK, you caught me. I was deliberately avoiding the context of your post to make a cheap Obama joke. Won't be the last time I'm afraid.

There is a role for governments to play in health care delivery (the context of which you speak I believe) and if it wasn't so late I might get into it.

OK, you caught me. I was deliberately avoiding the context of your post to make a cheap Obama joke. Won't be the last time I'm afraid.

There is a role for governments to play in health care delivery (the context of which you speak I believe) and if it wasn't so late I might get into it.

Indeed, it is late for those of on Eastern/Central time. I do hope you'll "get into it" tomorrow though.

good night all.

I told you yesterday. I have read old post from you ,many a year ago, of you saying the exact same things , the exact same way ,to other people , so this must be something you get a Kick out of.

I also saw the mods advice to everyone about you, and I also said, I would take it also with you, but if you could discuss properly, I would talk to you.

It is obvious this is some affliction you have. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Your stuff doesn't work with me .

I will say again. Take everything you write and reverse it. That would be you in the mirror.

You can say whatever you want, but if you can't say it respectfully, please do not post to me .

I don't live in your world.

Good Luck.. or something.

You lost my respect when you repeatedly lied.

When you stop doing so, and start posting true information to back up your claims then we can truly engage, until then you're just trolling.

This post alone has lies in it, so when you're ready, let me know.

yep.

and yep.

As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about.

The insurance for kids is basically the same but it is State specific .

It wouldn't help if I sent Ohio if you are in another state as example.

I wanted to make sure.

I will send it .

There's a difference between not seeing the US that way and being totally blind to the situations where it is.

You're just playing the rhetorical card of "my opponents blame America first".

It's also a rhetorical card to suggest that if one doesn't prescribe to a particular solution (more government) then they fail to recognize the scope of the problem.

Is this not happening now in the free market? Please answer honestly.
Free market? How many restaurants could survive if they were mandated by law to serve food to all patrons regardless of means to pay? We all need to eat, right?

And with that it's bedtime for Gonzo.

Free market? How many restaurants could survive if they were mandated by law to serve food to all patrons regardless of means to pay? We all need to eat, right?

My point is that most emergency rooms now are giving healthcare to those that don't have insurance, and on top of that it's being used by those that don't have insurance because they can't get the preventative health they need. The nature of emergency rooms will be that they suffere a little more financially, but with more being insured they will suffer less...

oh sorry, I thought I already sent this.

Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House - Telegraph

You read the rest.

This is not an "announcement" and nowhere does it state he called Obama an "idealogue".

Two strikes with one tabloid try.

But I meant in general, we're still missing the link on AARP members leaving, the profit numbers, the club of rome membership list, and the list goes on and on. Just like your silly posts and lies surely will.

This is not an "announcement" and nowhere does it state he called Obama an "idealogue".

Two strikes with one tabloid try.

But I meant in general, we're still missing the link on AARP members leaving, the profit numbers, the club of rome membership list, and the list goes on and on. Just like your silly posts and lies surely will.

You don't even read do you? Same story is on MSNBC, NYT, Boston Globe, Miami Herald, AJC, LA Times and a 100 others. Look for it. I think it was/is on Huffington Post also. word for word. Must be true.

pick anyone of them and you will see it, and that Obama's" inner circle is too Idealistic" is cited for the reason, not only once, but twice. You must read.....to see

Love is grand but you think Rahm is going to ride the plane nose down into the ground? He is smarter than that .

You don't even read do you? Same story is on MSNBC, NYT, Boston Globe, Miami Herald, AJC, LA Times and a 100 others. Look for it. I think it was/is on Huffington Post also. word for word. Must be true.

Two things:

1. Usually when it's "word for word" it's taken from the same source, doesn't mean it's true.

2. THIS IS NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT. Is this really that hard for you to comprehend?

pick anyone of them and you will see it, and that Obama's" inner circle is too Idealistic" is cited for the reason, not only once, but twice. You must read.....to see

So you're telling me you think "idealistic" and "ideologue" are the same thing?

Really?

You might want to use this:

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

now that you've had a good night's sleep (i didn't, but that was unrelated to this), does this strike you as a remotely appropriate analogy?

does a waiter come to your table and tell you that you must order the lobster and Baked Alaska or you will die?

now that you've had a good night's sleep (i didn't, but that was unrelated to this), does this strike you as a remotely appropriate analogy?

does a waiter come to your table and tell you that you must order the lobster and Baked Alaska or you will die?

Nor do we all run the risk of dying if we don't go to a restaurant.

I get what INDY's saying. . .I just don't see how getting rid of the health care reform law is going to solve the problem.

The challenge is we live in a society where we've apparently decided that everyone should have access to certain basics, like education and basic health care. In the old days, "the rich stayed healthy, and sick stayed poor." If you want to argue that only the rich have the right to live, be my guest. That was the rule for most of earth's history.

it's shocking that we live in a country where a man can be beaten nearly to death by random street thugs, and his family is forced to resort to this because his insurance will expire in August:

Help Lou Stelling Get Better Soon | causes.com

Don't you believe in personal responsibility?

It was probably his fault he got beat up, we don't need these freakin freeloaders...

it's shocking that we live in a country where a man can be beaten nearly to death by random street thugs, and his family is forced to resort to this because his insurance will expire in August:

Some might argue that this is the American way, neighbors helping neighbors--not some clumsy government doing it for us.

Of course, you're kind of shit out of luck if it happens that your neighbors don't like you very much, or can't raise enough money.

His state has " Obama care. " So not really sure what the insurance aspect is about. They can't cut him off, they can't deny him.

It seems that the issue( The financial one ) is living expenses, PTm Speach therapy, continued medical etc etc, which should all be covered by Mass Care.

This is what I wrote about earlier. We have almost ever kid running around shooting each other in miami, often resulting in injuries somewhat like this man's.

We do not have Obama care yet. But, the levy's, the state , via money from the Federal Government and grants from public and private sources take care of these kids for life. It is VERY expensive, yet they get the care they need.

Being that Mass is a required insurance state ( the model for Obama care) there should be no issue for his care and recovery as far as medical bills. I believe Mass also has a victim fund, for situations such as this. We do have one in Florida.

Bad situation, and happens more than people think. His care will be millions and millions of dollars over his life. He won't have to pay, but might need $$$ for personal expenses.

Thanks for posting that though, I am personally interested in looking into it further. It's a sad situation . All too common, but he should be fine as far as the medical care cost. That will be the easy part of his tough recovery.

I was just looking at the issues his state had regarding the Obama care that is a reg for all people. major problems for those honestly following it.

Nor do we all run the risk of dying if we don't go to a restaurant.

I get what INDY's saying. . .I just don't see how getting rid of the health care reform law is going to solve the problem.

The challenge is we live in a society where we've apparently decided that everyone should have access to certain basics, like education and basic health care. In the old days, "the rich stayed healthy, and sick stayed poor." If you want to argue that only the rich have the right to live, be my guest. That was the rule for most of earth's history.

In the old days you could pay a DR over time or give him eggs . It wasn't or isn't about the money, or you would be seeing a lot more people kneeling on skateboards ..Remember, the President said we are cutting off everyones feet for profit. can remember the last time saw one person with no feet, let alone large groups.

Technology is responsible for a large part of increased cost. Everyone wants a ct-scan or MRI, and sue us if we don't.

Anyone know how much an MRI machine cost? A PET scan machine? GE took bailout money, why are people not attacking GE for charging so much money for their machines? Free ones would lower costs right?

Maybe they should give them away, as we know it is because they :heart: us, that they were so strongly supportive of Obama care.... Or maybe they wanted to sell more expensive machines that people demand for tests they usually don't need? ?

Just a thought

sending you some info S

Oh The state of Mass care. the model of Obama care.

New report in Mass. finds record numbers dumping healthcare coverage - The Hill's Healthwatch

His state has " Obama care. " So not really sure what the insurance aspect is about. They can't cut him off, they can't deny him.

Being that Mass is a required insurance state ( the model for Obama care) there should be no issue for his care and recovery as far as medical bills.

So he should be just fine. What would happen if you got your way and "Obamacare" were not in place?

You keep posting how bad this federal healthcare is, but then you assure us that kids are covered by federal healthcare and just fine, and now this poor guy is covered by federal healthcare, so he'll be just fine.

Choose, please, and stop taking both sides. You can't keep saying that "Obamacare" is bad, then telling us that those who have it will be fine.

So he should be just fine. What would happen if you got your way and "Obamacare" were not in place?

You keep posting how bad this federal healthcare is, but then you assure us that kids are covered by federal healthcare and just fine, and now this poor guy is covered by federal healthcare, so he'll be just fine.

Choose, please, and stop taking both sides. You can't keep saying that "Obamacare" is bad, then telling us that those who have it will be fine.

Mass Insurannce plan is Obamacare lite . Being that technically, he cannot be denied his Insurance in Aug , as he is in the middle of being treated , when they figure out a way to get him out of the "state insurance Pool" his care will revert to the medicaid program , which is funded by the Fed, and the State . They will take care of him for life, as they would anyone in that situation . Plus, he wll get disability, Medicaid , and other things required for his care , and will not be charged for it.

We have a crime victims fund here, probably do in Ma, so he will get money from that also.

I hope he recovers, , they say he will be on a tough road, and most likely will have a good bit of impairment . He was severely beaten . His head injuries were bad. they say he is strong, so maybe..

I am tired and don't want to go into why this Obama plan is bad, except to say, get 20 lawyers and read it. it is not what it says, and our culture will never stand for what this will be. That is only from a logistics point of view.
You think dealing with an insurance comapany is bad, and it is, imagine dealing with a new Government Agency , that is larger than all branches of the military, EPA, Education , and pick another and combine them.

They can't even get water to New Orleans, or stop an oil spill. They can't balance a budget . They all have ego's bigger than a car.

One is going to trust them with you medical care?

If the Military somehow buys 125.00 hammers, and the body armour for the soldiers is deffective, you think medical care will be better run by the Government?

No way. You will be shocked by what this will become. Just from a cultural issue, let alone medical, or billing.

Imagine UCLA MED ER during a massive earthquake. That will be every day and every night . Every single one.

Won't work. That is why more than half od GP's, Cardio's, you name the speciality, they are going to walk . It cannot work .

But it'll work for the kids, and for the guy who got beat up?

Which is it?

And why did you work so hard for Hillary to get elected? She started this whole thing way back when. Would you have supported "Hillarycare" then?

What works now works for him and for the kids. Anyone who uses the " my kid can't get insurance" it would be only because they didn't sign them up. The child /healthcare has been strong for years . Yes, both Clinton /Bush did some good things.

Hillary wouldn't have done it this way or did it over 60 years . Good reason would be that she knows this wouldn't work. It is impossible to work.

The Government can't even run the VA, how are they going to run every hospital, clinic, and and GP care? How are they going to run the billing?

The fraud going on right now is huge , and lets bring the unions in (SEIU =hospitals ) they can run them. oh yes, we will save Billions. They will be like kids in a candy store. I have a hard time understanding how anyone in America even remotely thinks this is possible. all but 5% of the medical community knows it can't . It used to be 30 %

Insurance reform and coverage hell yes. Government run healthcare? Anyone who thinks it is going to work, I urge you to look again. They know that people don't know what it is and that's what they are counting on. Sounds good and that's enough for them.

But it'll work for the kids, and for the guy who got beat up?

Which is it?

And why did you work so hard for Hillary to get elected? She started this whole thing way back when. Would you have supported "Hillarycare" then?

Can support her in 2012 also

For US healthcare, the only way is up

The only way is up for US healthcare. The nation has finished bottom of the pile in a survey of health provision in similarly developed countries.

Researchers with the Commonwealth Fund, a foundation in New York City that promotes research on health issues, surveyed patients and doctors in seven leading industrialised countries: Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the UK and the US.

Based on a series of markers designed to assess healthcare quality, efficiency, ease of access, equality and the promotion of a long and healthy life, the US showed the biggest room for improvement, even though it spent $7290 per person on healthcare in 2007. The winners were the Netherlands, who achieved the best results despite spending just $3837 per person.

Karen Davis, president of the Commonwealth Fund, attributes the Dutch success to the nation's excellent primary care system, which stresses continuity. "People have been with the same doctor for a long period of time," she says.

Davis expects the US to perform better in future surveys, thanks in part to health reforms that became law in March. Increased spending on IT systems should also help by reducing inefficiencies such as duplicated diagnostic tests.

But don't expect a rapid turnaround. Most of the provisions in the reform package on expanding health-insurance coverage will not take effect until 2014.
For US healthcare, the only way is up - health - 27 June 2010 - New Scientist

What works now works for him and for the kids.
Federal healthcare; your "Obamacare".

Anyone who uses the " my kid can't get insurance" it would be only because they didn't sign them up. The child /healthcare has been strong for years .
Evidence?

Hillary wouldn't have done it this way or did it over 60 years . Good reason would be that she knows this wouldn't work.
Evidence?

all but 5% of the medical community knows it can't . It used to be 30 %
Evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom