MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #141
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Saw this and just had to post if for all of those compassion conservatives who love insurance companies

__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,257
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Aren't you one of the ones who complain about conservatives only preaching what Jesus taught when it's convenient?

In any case, a majority of conservatives I know agree that turning people away because of pre-existing conditions is unacceptable, so don't act like that's just a liberal point...
__________________

2861U2 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #143
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Aren't you one of the ones who complain about conservatives only preaching what Jesus taught when it's convenient?
And your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
In any case, a majority of conservatives I know agree that turning people away because of pre-existing conditions is unacceptable, so don't act like that's just a liberal point...
Well this is actually good thing that came out of the healthcare debate. If you look back at the universal healthcare debates we had in here a few years ago or listened to conservative talk radio a year ago this is exactly what they were preaching. If they can't afford it or they aren't a citizen then why are we admitting them, why are we giving them healthcare? Now Hannity is actually saying he supports some kind of plan that gives healthcare to those who truly can't afford it... baby steps I guess.
BVS is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 09:39 AM
religion is a contagion, a little goes a long way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post

In any case, a majority of conservatives I know agree that turning people away because of pre-existing conditions is unacceptable, so don't act like that's just a liberal point...

Conservatives, Hannity, Beck, Rush and the like are all arguing for maintaining Insurance Companies bottom line.

Yes, they have opened up their underwriting a bit these days. I have been able to buy insurance for the first time in about 25 years. My premium is $560 a month and my annual deductible is $2400.

This open enrollment only became available to me because of the threat of serious health care reform.

Once that goes away, they will start cherry picking again and exclude people like myself with pre-existing conditions or price me out of the market.


I have many conservative members in my family with children. When my nieces and nephews are in the 30s in a few years and they have no ins. or can not afford it.
They will have people like you and their parents to blame for putting a partisan victory against Obama first,
over helping themselves and their own children.



To be honest, this reminds me a bit of the people that were so agianst Bush, they seemed to want the Iraq War to fail and the U S soldiers to be driven out so Bush would not have a chance to have any kind of a success on his record.
deep is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,892
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

To be honest, this reminds me a bit of the people that were so agianst Bush, they seemed to want the Iraq War to fail and the U S soldiers to be driven out so Bush would not have a chance to have any kind of a success on his record.
I agree. I often felt that some had this attitude.
maycocksean is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 01:39 PM
I love that, "Super Bowl Of Freedom". What's the halftime show? Are there muscular men in really tight pants?

Bachmann wants you in D.C. for 'Super Bowl of Freedom'

By Ken Ronnan | Published Wed, Nov 4 2009 3:24 pm

Rep. Michele Bachmann, D-Minn., appeared on Fox News asking people from across America to join her at the steps of the U.S. Capitol in Washington Thursday at noon to make a "house call" before Congress votes on health-care reform.

Bachmann wants to rally all "freedom loving Americans" to go into the congressional office buildings, look into the whites of their representatives' eyes and tell them they have to vote no on the reform.

"This is the Super Bowl of Freedom this week. Socialized medicine is the crown jewel of socialism. This will change our country forever," Bachmann said.

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #147
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:39 PM
She uses the word freedom a lot, but not one single word about healthcare itself. That pretty much sums up the Republican stance doesn't it? Empty words but no content.
BVS is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Freedom is an "empty" word now?
INDY500 is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #149
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Freedom is an "empty" word now?
ALL words are empty if they don't have action backing them up... Have you read the Republican's version of the healthcare bill? It's the opposite of freedom. You like the words but your platforms often are against it. Yesterday you celebrated the fact that you denied gay people the freedom to marry, you are one of thse empty worded Republicans as well.
BVS is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #150
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,392
Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Freedom is an "empty" word now?


ever since 9/12/01.

thank you, GWB.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
ALL words are empty if they don't have action backing them up... Have you read the Republican's version of the healthcare bill? It's the opposite of freedom.
Really? The opposite of freedom is tyranny, limitation and servitude. Contrast the Republican Bill:
Quote:
Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.
Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.
Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.
Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it's good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.
With the 2000 page Democratic Bill which increases the size, power and scope of government in our lives (tyranny) -- has price controls, centralized planning, less choices and more mandates (limitation) -- and will burden us with higher taxes (servitude).

Quote:
Yesterday you celebrated the fact that you denied gay people the freedom to marry, you are one of thse empty worded Republicans as well.
Not that I checked into it but I'm guessing Indiana residents aren't allowed to vote in Maine.
INDY500 is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #152
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,392
Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
With the 2000 page Democratic Bill which increases the size, power and scope of government in our lives (tyranny) -- has price controls, centralized planning, less choices and more mandates (limitation) -- and will burden us with higher taxes (servitude).


this is a good summation of being a modern conservative.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #153
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
The opposite of freedom is tyranny, limitation and servitude. Contrast the Republican Bill:
Quote:
Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.
This is such a non-issue. I live in TX my insurance is from Illinois. Yes there are limitations, because the definition of what podiatry is or what emergency is differ from state lines. It's a non-issue that you have been sold. It's bascially a lie.

Quote:
Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.
Doesn't sound like freedom for people who are already sick. This won't work with individuals, small businesses and trades are already doing this in some states.

Quote:
Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.
So states can now deny gay people or black people in order to lower costs? This is the most open ended bullshit answer I've ever seen.

Quote:
Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it's good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.
This doesn't belong in healthcare reform, this belongs in a seperate tort reform. And for the most part it's made up by the Republicans that love insurance companies but hate lawyers.

I can't believe there are educated people falling for this crap!!! This is freedom for insurance companies, the ones that screwed the health care system to where it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
With the 2000 page Democratic Bill which increases the size, power and scope of government in our lives (tyranny) -- has price controls, centralized planning, less choices and more mandates (limitation) -- and will burden us with higher taxes (servitude).
You really have no understanding of the healthcare system now, I've tried to show you over and over but it's useless. Price controls, central planning, less choices, and more mandates is what we have now but with profit driven suits in control rather than the government. At least with the government you will have less denying of coverage and the Pharma companies won't be pulling the strings, so maybe now all those drugs that can solve your problem in one pill may actually become legal soon rather than illegal becuase you can't profit off of one life saving pill like you can a lifetime of pills. So spare me your "freedom" speech you do not know how this works. I'm tired of empty words.
BVS is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #154
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
"This bill is the greatest threat to freedom that I have seen," House Republican leader John Boehner of Ohio told the crowd gathered on the lawn near the West Front of the Capitol.
Really?

The greatest threat you've ever seen? Really? So terrorism, less of a threat than this bill? Chinese repression of dissidents, a cake walk compared to this bill? Really?


Quote:
Among the signs in the crowd was one reading, . . . "Vote no to government-run health care." The crowd included a significant number of older Americans.
kellyahern is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
This is such a non-issue. I live in TX my insurance is from Illinois. Yes there are limitations, because the definition of what podiatry is or what emergency is differ from state lines. It's a non-issue that you have been sold. It's bascially a lie.
Doesn't seem to be a problem with car, home or life insurance. Only an issue because current law prohibits it. So we change the law.

Quote:
Doesn't sound like freedom for people who are already sick. This won't work with individuals, small businesses and trades are already doing this in some states.
Would work for individuals if given the same tax-breaks as companies. But that would mean allowing people to keep more of their money and allowing them to decide how best to spend it to meet their needs. Can't have that can we?
Quote:
So states can now deny gay people or black people in order to lower costs? This is the most open ended bullshit answer I've ever seen.
Aren't you the little champion of federalism.
Quote:
This doesn't belong in healthcare reform, this belongs in a seperate tort reform. And for the most part it's made up by the Republicans that love insurance companies but hate lawyers.
Why not do this first since Republicans would eagerly support it? I think we know the answer to that.
Quote:
I can't believe there are educated people falling for this crap!!! This is freedom for insurance companies, the ones that screwed the health care system to where it is...
That's one theory I guess.
Quote:
You really have no understanding of the healthcare system now, I've tried to show you over and over but it's useless.
Yup, I'm clueless.
Quote:
Price controls, central planning, less choices, and more mandates is what we have now but with profit driven suits in control rather than the government. At least with the government you will have less denying of coverage...
Guess you haven't seen all those commercials for Medigap or Medicare supplemental insurance. One wouldn't need those if Medicare covered everything would you? Even so, Medicare still faces an unfunded liability of 60 Trillion dollars -- private insurance companies can't function like that.
Quote:
and the Pharma companies won't be pulling the strings, so maybe now all those drugs that can solve your problem in one pill may actually become legal soon rather than illegal because you can't profit off of one life saving pill like you can a lifetime of pills.
Is the formula for this miracle drug locked up with the carburetor that Big Oil stole that gets 100 miles per gallon?
Quote:
So spare me your "freedom" speech you do not know how this works. I'm tired of empty words.
Hey, if you want "freedom" from the responsibility of making your own decisions about your families healthcare then by all means, I urge you to support the Democratic Health Care Reform Bill.
INDY500 is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #156
Babyface
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17
Local Time: 02:39 PM
wow what a great but sad sad story
lateforwork is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 01:39 PM
The 12 Most Offensive Signs From Bachmann's Tea Party

This has to be the most offensive one yet-how dare they? That makes me sick

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gad...9703_large.jpg
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #158
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Doesn't seem to be a problem with car, home or life insurance. Only an issue because current law prohibits it. So we change the law.
I've explained this one to you so many times... First of all, read my last post: I LIVE IN TX AND HAVE INSURANCE FROM THE STATE OF IL. So this blanket line about it's illegal is bullshit. BUT if you buy medical insurance in Ohio it WILL NOT cover certain procedures. In Ohio podiatry procedures are defined to the midfoot, TX to the ankle, so if you need an ankle surgery you are screwed. And the other way around the insurance company is screwed. So that's why there are limitations. Republicans are morons if they think this helps anyone. The medical industry laughs at this idea of being any kind of solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Would work for individuals if given the same tax-breaks as companies. But that would mean allowing people to keep more of their money and allowing them to decide how best to spend it to meet their needs. Can't have that can we?
Yes it works great for those that are fairly healthy, but if one person has a severe lifelong disease you're screwed. And what are you going to do if you pooled in with the Johnson's next store and it's she who's driving up and draining your money? You're not thinking this through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Aren't you the little champion of federalism.
WHAT? Read that line I commented on and show me how I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Why not do this first since Republicans would eagerly support it? I think we know the answer to that.
BECAUSE IT DOESN'T BELONG IN HEALTHCARE!!! And who is going to define the paremeters? You?


Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Guess you haven't seen all those commercials for Medigap or Medicare supplemental insurance. One wouldn't need those if Medicare covered everything would you? Even so, Medicare still faces an unfunded liability of 60 Trillion dollars -- private insurance companies can't function like that.
This really has nothing to with what I said, but nice deflection...


Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Is the formula for this miracle drug locked up with the carburetor that Big Oil stole that gets 100 miles per gallon?
I've worked for these companies, I know first hand that certain drugs have not been introduced to the US because they worked "too well". Coincidentally there was an episode of Law & Order on last night about a drug that is 80%(the show claimed it was 91 and they changed the name) effective in ending opiate addicition within 48 hours, but drug companies have blocked the testing so it's illegal in the U.S.
BVS is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #159
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 03:39 AM
Ibogaine?
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I've explained this one to you so many times... First of all, read my last post: I LIVE IN TX AND HAVE INSURANCE FROM THE STATE OF IL. So this blanket line about it's illegal is bullshit.
Only because the company you work for is based out of state I'm assuming. Don't you realize it's the health insurance companies that are against opening up competion across state lines?

Quote:
BECAUSE IT DOESN'T BELONG IN HEALTHCARE!!! And who is going to define the paremeters? You?
As a primary factor in driving healthcare costs upward it must be part of reform. But who's going to initiate such reform, the party that is in the silk-lined pocket of the trial lawyer lobby?

Quote:
This really has nothing to with what I said, but nice deflection...
It's not a deflection. Private companies can't balance their books like our spending-like-there's-no-tomorrow government does.

Quote:
I've worked for these companies, I know first hand that certain drugs have not been introduced to the US because they worked "too well". Coincidentally there was an episode of Law & Order on last night about a drug that is 80%(the show claimed it was 91 and they changed the name) effective in ending opiate addicition within 48 hours, but drug companies have blocked the testing so it's illegal in the U.S.
What names do these miracle drugs go under in other countries? Or is this a [cue spooky music] world-wide-con-spir-a-cy?
__________________

INDY500 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Dog Lovers.... Part 3 U2Fanatic4ever Lemonade Stand 1019 05-19-2012 03:35 AM
Hell-th Insurance WARNING: LONG POST! BluRmGrl Zoo Confessionals 7 10-26-2006 09:04 PM
On (not) having health insurance wolfeden Zoo Confessionals 14 03-24-2004 11:15 AM
White House seeks control on health, safety Scarletwine Free Your Mind Archive 1 01-13-2004 04:54 PM
Bono today at the conference in Africa U2Kitten Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 9 01-15-2002 09:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×