Man has surgery to gain 5 inches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Peter Wu has surgery to gain 5 inches

I heard this story

It is about 4 minutes long.

It is shocking to me.

Because doctors can do something
and people will pay for it.

Should it be done?

Last edited:
Wow. I didn't think anything like that could be done.
But then again, anything is possible with the new science and technology.

Should it be done? I don't know, but I can't imagine the pain those people would be in for so long.

Last edited:
I think it's a little sad that anyone feels like they have to be taller enough so that they'll go through surgery to get it. Should they do it? It's their choice........

dandy said:
:yikes:

at least this thread was about height. :wink:

Um, yeah, I thought the SAME thing! 'Cus once I was channel surfing and there was a plastic surgery show on and this guy had two surgeries to gain a few inches *elsewhere* :ohmy:

I don't really feel like there's a moral problem here, so sure, if people will pay for this, why not? At the most basic level, it's appearance alteration just like any other kind of enlargement or lift or various other types of cosmetic surgery.

God knows, this will probably appear in a reality series (the Swan, anyone?) sometime in the not-too-distant future.

deep said:
Peter Wu has surgery to gain 5 inches

I heard this story

It is about 4 minutes long.

It is shocking to me.

Because doctors can do something
and people will pay for it.

Should it be done?

I wasnt game to click on the link. lol. Wash my mind out with soap.

I have known two people over the years who have had their legs lengethened in a very painful, time consuming process. Both of them were, I dont know what the politically correct term is, very very very short.

beli said:

I have known two people over the years who have had their legs lengethened in a very painful, time consuming process. Both of them were, I dont know what the politically correct term is, very very very short.

vertically challenged?

dandy said:

vertically challenged?

ummm, I dont think so. To me "vertically challenged' just refers to people who are short.

Im talking about people who find employment in scifi/fantasy films and plays.

I seriously did not click on the link. My two friends had a procedure that involved repatedly breaking the leg and drilling pins through the bone and stretchinig the gaps with screws. Is that what you are talking about? Incredibly painful but for my two friends worth it. They're still short but not really short. Just "vertically challenged" now. It maked a huge difference to their self esteem. Especially as they are both males and society does not treat short men all that favourably.

Is that what you guys are talking about?

I'm not sure why we would draw a line with this type of surgery vs. other cosmetic surgeries.

If we want to explore social engineering of these type of elective operations, perhaps we can create a plastic surgery tax to help fund general medical care.

How about this?

http://www.gaininggoddess.com

WARNING: this is a lady who is trying to gain up to 500 pounds, and some of the pictures are nasty:eek: Don't enter her site if you don't want to see the pics :no:

Last edited:
I remember something on 20/20 a few years back--where a girl was stranded for days after a car wreck. When they found her, she had to have both legs amputated at the knee area. She said when she got her new legs, she wanted them to be longer. I think they made her about 3 or 4 inches taller.

nbcrusader said:
I'm not sure why we would draw a line with this type of surgery vs. other cosmetic surgeries.

If we want to explore social engineering of these type of elective operations, perhaps we can create a plastic surgery tax to help fund general medical care.

I'm generally against new taxes, but this actually sounds like a good idea.......

Back
Top Bottom