Malibu wildfire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
What a horrible situation in Malibu, California.... The growing wildfire has already burned a church, 5 homes and threatening many others. :( www.ktla.com has live streaming video
My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected by the fire in Malibu and other fires in Southern California. What a helpless feeling it must be to have a home in the path of one of these fires.
The Edge just purchased an 120 acre mansion in Malibu earlier this year. According to this article, http://www.therealestatebloggers.com/2007/04/24/u2s-the-edge-moving-to-malibu-mansion/
the property is in the canyon, not beachfront.

we have very high Santa Ana winds today

and it is very dry

there is more than one fire
I can smell smoke here in Newport Beach

there is a fire in a canyon about 7 miles from here (Malibu is about 60 miles from me)

It looked like some beach front homes got burned down in Malibu

these winds and the drought
will fuel a lot of fire damage before this is over. lets hope for no loss of life.

According to KTLA there are now 10 fires burning in Southern Californa. They've been showing homes in Malibu going up in the flames. Horrible... I just hope everyone, and their pets, have been safely evacuated.

The smoke from the Malibu fire was at least heading towards the west/the ocean. The smoke I'm getting and the horrible storm-like appearance outside is from the Agua Dulce/Canyon Country fire. I'm listening to KNX while working. Probably gonna go for a TV update shortly.

The guy just pronounced Camarillo on the radio with a hard "L" :tsk:

if y'all need to flee you can always come out east :wink: (it's drought conditions here too though)

On a more serious note, I hope everyone stays safe and the firefighters get the help they need to do their job.

Lila64 said:
The guy just pronounced Camarillo on the radio with a hard "L" :tsk:

My hometown!

I remember watching a few fires burning over the mountains as a kid.

Some friends of my parents have a house in a Malibu canyon, hope they're lucky with this one.

No problems here in the south bay, where I'm at, other than 8% humidity. It's so dry I cannot believe it. I feel like I'm in Vegas or in the desert somewhere, not 3 miles from the beach. Yuck.

Orange County I do believe :wink:

Luckily I don't have to leave the house for work, so I don't have to go out into the smoke-filled air. Maddy's school has already called tonight with their pre-recorded message about taking the proper precautions tomorrow/this week for the students. :up:

Winds winds go away, we'd rather have rain any day. :pray:

Last edited:
I took some pictures through my window :(

firesky1.jpg

firesky2.jpg

this one just looks like it's windy, but you can see that the neighbor's fence has been knocked down :(
windyskyrightsize.jpg

Although I don't wish to sound like I'm making light of this subject, from a Midwestern POV, a lot of us wonder why anyone would live in So. Cal. To us, it always sounds like you're constantly one earthquake, mudslide, and forest fire away from losing everything. :huh:

The fires will most likely burn all week. These aren't structure fires, with a defined supply of fuel. The winds carry embers and can set new fires 1/2 mile away. Most of the fires aren't even partially contained yet, and that may take several days to a week. A few years ago, some fires burned for months. They were in remote areas, but even the huge Big Bear fires burned for at least a month. Once the wind dies down, which may not happen until Tuesday, the crews can get the fires contained.

This will go on for several days. :|

Back
Top Bottom