Make the Pie Higher! A Poem using GW Bush Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
This gave me a good chuckle this morning, so I thought some of you might enjoy it.

From today's Toronto Star:

Our warmest thanks to Washington Post writer Richard Thompson for arranging actual quotes from George W. Bush into the following poem.

Make The Pie Higher

I think we all agree, the past is over.

This is still a dangerous world.

It's a world of madmen and uncertainty

and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked

Is our children learning?

Will the highways of the Internet become more few?

How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.

I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where

our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!

Knock down the tollbooth!

Vulcanize society!

Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!

to be fair, its gotta be hard not to say stupid things when everything you say is being monitored with the most sensitive ears in the world.

but even still...you gotta wonder...what was he thing?

Who know what goes through his head but I think it would be cool if my prime minister's name WAS Jean Poutine.

Thats one thing I like about Bush. He's good for a laugh. Like, who knows, maybe he says those things on purpose just to make people go "did he really say that?" He seems to care alot about children which I think is very good.

now listen-

gws

bad points are-

he mangles a few words and pharses here and there..so wha:angry:
he may not b the most eloquent speaker:wave:
he may not b one of the brightest porch-lights on the block..thats ok:)

some of the worlds greatest leaders thru out history werent the most eloquent w the highet iQs..
namely-
heres a history lesson u little jackass kids-
-Truman
-teddy roosevelt
-fdr
-reagan

now his good points are-

-hes sexy
-he runs 7 min miles
-hes more honest then his predessor
-hes genuine
-he connects well w ppl
-he doesnt harrass women
-hes a reformed casual drug user
-hes bi-partisan
-hes no coward
-he kicked al gores butt all over in the debates w charm and wit alone.

ravenstar thank u for finding something nice to say......

thank u
thank u
thank u
db9
:dance: :cool:

Last edited:
Now, now...

diamond said:

HEY:angry:
I worked on the GW camapgn!:mad:
Plez qwit picking on my President:rant:

thank u-

diamond

Calm down there...I voted for Mr. Bush; I agree with all of your statements in one of your other posts. I just found Mrs. Edge's article to be amusing.

ok? :wave:

Re: Now, now...

senrab said:

Calm down there...I voted for Mr. Bush; I agree with all of your statements in one of your other posts. I just found Mrs. Edge's article to be amusing.

ok? :wave:

ok my bad.
i just get a lil worked up when ppl start dissin on my boy:censored: :wave: :sexywink: :dance: :cool:
db9:cool:

between Clinton and Bush, you never know quite what they are saying, I can just imagine them talking about the issues...

Bush: Is our children learning?

Clinton: that depends on what the definition of "is" is

Ronald Reagan not Eloquent

diamond said:
now listen-

some of the worlds greatest leaders thru out history werent the most eloquent w the highet iQs..
namely-
-Truman
-teddy roosevelt
-fdr
-reagan

I am now convinced that Ronald Reagan was not dealing with a full deck of cards in the IQ department while he was President. I also think that George HW Bush has been running the government since 1980 except for 8 years of Clinton, but this may be my paranoid side slipping out a bit.

What was I thinking? Oh yes, Daimond....if Ronald Reagan was not eloquent, why is he known as "The Great Communicator"?

TO quote Mr. Reagan

"You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done. "

Last edited:
diamond said:
now listen-

gws

bad points are-

he mangles a few words and pharses here and there..so wha:angry:
he may not b the most eloquent speaker:wave:
he may not b one of the brightest porch-lights on the block..thats ok:)

namely-
-Truman
-teddy roosevelt
-fdr
-reagan

now his good points are-

-hes sexy
-he runs 7 min miles
-hes more honest then his predessor
-hes genuine
-he connects well w ppl
-he doesnt harrass women
-hes a reformed casual drug user
-hes bi-partisan
-hes no coward
-he kicked al gores butt all over in the debates w charm and wit alone.

ravenstar thank u for finding something nice to say......

thank u
thank u
thank u
db9

number one reagan wasn't a great leader....I have a whole other thread abut this his administration was the greatest failure of any administration this century including Nixon.

sexy??? the man resembles a chim and if you dont' believe me www.bushorchimp.com

I dont' care about his mile time...I wish he'd spend less time running and more time not looking like a fool to teh world.

yes more honest than clinton....also less competant

he connect well with ppl - I'll give you that one..but no more so than clinton...W is a rich boy..Clinton was a poor kid..

doesn't harass women?...well unlike condit...at least he doesn't kill them.

a reformed casual drug user ---GREAT WAY TO WIN MY CONFIDENCE! HE"S GOT MY VOTE

bi partisan...as long as your republican or republican

no coward...- I'll give you that one

yes he beat him on charm and wit....the issues..that's anothe story

thank u
thank u
thank u

RockStar.5

:dance::cool:

I will say this...his speeaches to the UN and on sept 11 this year were VERY good

Last edited:
Do you have proof?

Arun V said:

doesn't harass women?...well unlike condit...at least he doesn't kill them.

Wow have we gotten off topic. Are you implying that Bush has harrassed someone? Are you saying you have PROOF that Condit committed a CRIME?

In either case neither is factual, and at best, one is a suspect.

As for Reagan, he will go down in history as the president who ended the cold war. That alone guarentees him his place in history. His shortcomings will be a footnote on the page.

Can't we get back to laughing at the Bush-isms? This started off being a fun thread.

Dread got it right.
Arun is an ok guy..just no Reagan fan. He was in diapers when Regean took office;)

To me and others as his approval rating was in the mid 60s when he left office..-
-he made u feel good to be an American
-restored dignity to country after The Iranian Hostage Crisis
-you saw he and Nancy truly in love w ea other
-help implement the collaspse of Communism.

Clinton and GWBush allegeldy dabbled in Cocaine in the past..
I think that they both reformed makes them understand drug abuse ect.. connecting w younger voters.

DB9
:dance: :banghead: :cool:

diamond said:
Dread got it right.
Arun is an ok guy..just no Reagan fan. He was in diapers when Regean took office;)

To me and others as his approval rating was in the mid 60s when he left office..-
-he made u feel good to be an American
-restored dignity to country after The Iranian Hostage Crisis
-you saw he and Nancy truly in love w ea other
-help implement the collaspse of Communism.

Clinton and GWBush allegeldy dabbled in Cocaine in the past..
I think that they both reformed makes them understand drug abuse ect.. connecting w younger voters.

DB9
:dance: :banghead: :cool:

wonderful that reagan made you feel good to be american....it's too bad he did it at such a cost to a lot of innocent ppl that died as a result of some of his actions.

restored dignity after iranian hostage crisis....well maybe...he did..it's too bad almost every foreign policy decision he made is biting us in the ass now

as for he and nancy...I really dont' give a flying fuck

as for communism.....we still have China...Communism hasn't collapsed...and last time I checked..Cuba is still communist :dance::banghead::cool:

Dr Who
Thank u for saying 1 nice thing about Bush:D

I always here Bush say LOTS of nice things aboout your party- The Democrats:)

DB9:dance: :cool:

Diamond-- you know if someone wrote a poem using quotes from Kenneth Starr's independent council report that it would take you a nanosecond to get it posted here. Hm....this gives me an idea. does anyone know what rhymes with cigar?

sharky said:
Diamond-- you know if someone wrote a poem using quotes from Kenneth Starr's independent council report that it would take you a nanosecond to get it posted here. Hm....this gives me an idea. does anyone know what rhymes with cigar?

Now that is truly funny!

All of a sudden the name:

Roseanne Barr comes to mind.

sharky said:
good one jenny:)

I think the reason I've always liked Bush over Gore was because even though they are both filthy rich, Bush seems to still have that "hometown" feel. When I see Bush I see someone who can relate, when I see Gore I think of lawyers and other rich people that dont understand how others can live of of under $100 000 a year.

i like G-Dub, but Laws, how he can misunderconfabulate him some English! :lol: But I just today read this, and think it's very appropriate for this thread:
Bush and Cheney are out having a nice luncheon at a local DC restaurant. After looking over the menu, the waitress comes to take their order.

Bush says to her: "I'd sure like a quickie!"

The waitress, horrified, says, "Mr. Bush, I am appalled! I thought you were going to bring decency and dignity to the office of the President! I'm sorry I ever voted for you!" And she storms off.

Cheney then leans over to Bush and says, "George, it's prounounced QUICHE."

:der: :laugh: :tongue: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom