Lowell Sun endorses Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So everyone who votes for Kerry is a fool? :eyebrow:

I disagree with media outlets endorsing political candidates unless they are official sources from the candidate or their party. It raises the notion of future bias.

yes,

and it is repugnant.

Dragging around the dead of 911 for political gain is beneath contempt.

This administration is the lowest

Planning the convention at ground zero

and changing it to the latest date to coincide with 9-11 shows to what they will stoop.

drivemytrabant,

you are in a swing state.

your vote may actually count.

you can tell you children and grandchildren

you did the right thing in 2004 and voted Bush out.

deep said:
drivemytrabant,

you are in a swing state.

your vote may actually count.

you can tell you children and grandchildren

you did the right thing in 2004 and voted Bush out.

You are right I am in a crutial swing state. I will be able to tell my grandchildren that I helped to protect this country by keeping George Bush in office. The point of this thread is not if you agree with the article or not--if you are voting for Kerry you won't--and I could give a crap what a Mass. paper thinks about this election. I'm just betting you won't see anywhere near the coverage for this that you got from the Crawford paper thing.

you realize the crawford paper did a reversal from 2000 endoresment of Bush..
...... I helped to protect this country by keeping George Bush in office

ironically that is not the case.

If we had a President in the Whitehouse when he got the Daily Briefing that said "Binladen determined to attack inside the U.S." Instead he stayed on his ranch and fell off his trail bike the month before 9-11.

Last edited:
drivemytrabant said:

I'm just betting you won't see anywhere near the coverage for this that you got from the Crawford paper thing.

I think that's because the Crawford paper was Bush's "home" newspaper, that's why it was newsworthy.

Originally posted by deep

Planning the convention at ground zero

and changing it to the latest date to coincide with 9-11 shows to what they will stoop. [/B]

Do you realize that New York City officials lobbied BOTH parties to hold their conventions in NYC???? It was supposed to be a way to bring in cash to the city and show the world that "NYC is back."

Amazing how so many democrats seem to miss that little fact.

Control -- that's what it was SUPPOSED to do. That's not what it did. We lost money -- tons -- and it could have been worse. DeLay originally planned to have a cruise ship docked so all the delegates could stay there. How would that help the city? They originally planned to have the president lay the cornerstone at Ground Zero the week he was here. They moved it up to the Fourth of July. Why do you think that is? We had to shut down parts of our subways because they are NOT safe and were made even more vulnerable during the convention. Funds that we needed to pay for the security for the convention came out of my pocket. And what about all the 9/11 heroes the Republicans talked about? Our cops and firefighters have not received a raise in two years. We shut down six firehouses including the one in my neighborhood. We had to do that because we've been at an Orange Alert Level since the federal government instituted that stupid system but the costs are not coming from DC to pay for that level. They are coming from us -- New Yorkers. We have a Republican president, Congress, governor and mayor and we're no safer than we were on Sept. 12. Sorry, but I get defensive about my city when I see the Republicans use it to their advantage. This is a great city that has risen out of the ashes in a way that is truly remarkable. But the people who are responsible for it's survival after 9/11 are the people that live here, not the politicians in Washington and certainly not George W. Bush.

Yes, we tried to court both parties but it was just not feasibly possible. So guess who won and who had to find an alternate?

As for the Lowell endorsement, as least the Crawford paper said positive things about Kerry. this endorsement is totally "We haven't died since 9/11 so vote for Bush!" And what's this about? Quote: "In his 20 years in the U.S. Senate, Kerry, a Navy war hero, hasn't risen above the rank of seaman for his uninspiring legislative record." Have they forgotten Iran Contra? Have they forgotten BCCI when he shut down a bank with terrorist dealing? Who did the Globe endorse?

I saw the endorsement Sunday afternoon before I left for work. Not only is it infuriating, but it's very poorly written.

I volunteered at the Lowell Sun earlier this year, as it's right next door to my college, and I'm considering journalism as a career; remind me never to do so again.

I just don't agree. All I can do is vote, and my vote will go to Kerry. Of course it won't count in the Electoral College because I am not in a swing state and it's a solid Bush state. Bush Sr. carried Alabama in 1992 and Dole carried it in 1996, so it's predictable.

Earnie Shavers said:

I think that's because the Crawford paper was Bush's "home" newspaper, that's why it was newsworthy.

This isn't newsworthy? This comes from a paper that knows Kerry better than any of us do. For the record (again) this isn't about the content of the article. But I do believe that this is newsworthy and that you won't see it on the news as much as the crawford story.

Back
Top Bottom