Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
It's great, nuff said - but please elaborate on anything that this could mean to you because I just think a nice apolitical thread could remedy any bitterness that may be building (again).

There are many interpretations of love - conditional or unconditional.:wink:

What kind are you speaking of?

Ultimately, if we do not have UNCONDITIONAL LOVE in us - the Love of Forgiveness,Tolerance, Acceptance (GRACE), the type of Love that U2 sings about - we wil not be able to extend it to the world and each other.:ohmy:

We will be lost in our own misinterpretations of Life and Love and thus will be defensive, argumentative and negative - not willing or able to live in and extend GRACE.

Love, to me, is simply the Love that Paul speaks of in the Bible: Love is patient, Love is kind....It holds no grudges, sees the best in everyone and everything...it uplifts and inspires the giver and the receiver. (paraphrase) :up:

The New Testament is full of such BEAUTIFUL and ACCURATE idea and examples of Love. :angel:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

love is NOT my crapdammit fucked up wrist

"Love is real, real is love
Love is feeling, feeling love
Love is wanting to be loved

Love is touch, touch is love
Love is reaching, reaching love
Love is asking to be loved

Love is you
You and me
Love is knowing
We can be

Love is free, free is love
Love is living, living love
Love is needing to be loved"

love is the way my fiance looks at me when i'm eating food...because he wants my extras. and I don't mind sharing.

Jamila said:

Love, to me, is simply the Love that Paul speaks of in the Bible: Love is patient, Love is kind....It holds no grudges, sees the best in everyone and everything...it uplifts and inspires the giver and the receiver. (paraphrase) :up:

:up:

I think there is nothing more radical than two people loving each other, because it's so infrequent. - Bono

Love is a revolution, starsgoblue, and I think if we claim to love and respect U2, then we might want to treat each other in the ways that they have learned to accept/appreciate each other and in the very kind and gracious ways in which they have treated us through the years.:hug:

WE'RE ONE, BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME. WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER. :bono: :heart: :heart: ;) :angel:

And actions speak louder than words from most people, that's why to me, I find more love in purring and tail wagging than from anyone's mouth.

paxetaurora said:
Love is wanting the best for another person, always, even when it might be difficult for you.

And love is realizing that what YOU think is best may not be for them if it's not what they want.

Okay so this is based on people always telling me they want what's best for me when their version of what's best for me is what they want, and how they want it, disregarding the person who has to live with it.

Back
Top Bottom