looks like the guy loses either way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite frankly, this pisses me off. The reason Bono met with Bush is that Bush is the President of the United States. There's no way in hell he could have ever gotten anything for Africa if he hadn't met with Bush. As he put it, he'd have lunch with the Devil if that's what it takes. If he can meet with the Devil, I think he can meet with Bush with no harm done to anyone and maybe much good done for the least fortunate people on the planet.

I guess you can't please everyone. I'm annoyed at the dislike (hatred?) this article conveys.

Reasons to dislike Bono #17,844,691

What were the other 17,844,690 reasons?

Wouldn't a non-pompus person's real reason be that he doesn't know anything about government?

Well, if you're going to bash Bono - at least have the facts. It looks like the author overlooked the fact that Bono has spent the last 5 years working with the governments of the world.

some politicians know hardly anything about the government
most journalists know nothing about the government

the scary thing about Bono is that he actually does know what he talks about
it's such a shock to the system that some might never recover

First of all, weren't these comments that Bono made on the RTE about two summers ago regarding why he wouldn't run for PM in Ireland?

So this article starts out with erroneous info. :ohmy:

And, secondly, Boston Anne and verte76 are correct. Bono is doing what he is doing with the politicians of the world NOT because he wants to, but because he is politically savvy enough to know that he HAS TO deal with them in order to have any effective chance of bringing the attention, concern and money to Africa necessary to secure a positive Future for her!:wink:

I have stopped worrying about those who constantly nitpick about Bono and his humanitarian endeavors.

They can say what they want, but somehow I think the B-man is being protected by a Higher Order and his efforts WILL SUCCEED!:hug:

People have yet to learn that it is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

WHAT YOU GOT THEY CAN'T STEAL IT. NO, THEY CAN'T EVEN FEEL IT. :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Back
Top Bottom