LOL... for the Bush fans or the Kerry haters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
kerry-joker.jpg

I wonder if this shows... it's pretty funny.

Very creative!

My sister asked me to make her an avatar of the one of Kerry fumbling for her political forum.

Last edited:
One of the few people I have seen throw a strike when throwing the first pitch of a baseball game was Bush. Not that that is relevant to his politics but it is interesting to note. He even threw that strike with a bullet proof vest on.

Ft. Worth Frog said:
One of the few people I have seen throw a strike when throwing the first pitch of a baseball game was Bush. Not that that is relevant to his politics but it is interesting to note. He even threw that strike with a bullet proof vest on.
yes:up:

he threw it from the top of the mound and rightover the plate.:up:

Kerry on the other hand while trying to attempt the same feat in Boston--
-was booed at Fenway Park in his home town in the bation of Liberalism
-threw the ball from the edge of the dirt not from atop the mound
-threw the ball in the dirt.
:|

Talk all you want but this is a good analogy of the 2 men running for office.

One poses while the other tries to perform. I think the electroate gets it and will elect Bush over a poser who throws pitches in the dirt .
:)
db9

Last edited:
Gina,
Look up analogy.

Yes Mitt Romney is a Republican, who later may become a presidentail candidate.

Did you vote for Mitt?

db9:wink:

God Part III said:
I think these make more fun of Bush than Kerry, to be honest.

God III
You are correct-
New Study Suggests Some Media Favored Kerry in First Two Weeks of October

By E & P Staff

Published: October 26, 2004

NEW YORK A new study for the non-partisan Project for Excellence in Journalism suggests that in the first two weeks of October, during the period of the presidential debates, George W. Bush received much more unfavorable coverage from some media than Sen. John Kerry.

In the limited sample (which included four newspapers, two cable news programs and seven shows on broadcast networks), more than half of all Bush stories were negative in tone, during this period. One-quarter of all Kerry stories were negative, according to the study.

"This is the mirror image of what happened four years ago," the report states, when Bush benefited from coverage in the same debate period, enjoying twice as many positive stories as Al Gore.

This raises the question of how much the results have to do simply with one candidate doing especially well in the debates, plus the liabilities of the incumbent, who receives negative coverage not just for performance on the stump but also for the policies of his administration.

The study also concluded that despite media promises every four years to focus less on campaign dynamics and more on issues, this once again has not occurred. Also: "The coverage this year has been even less likely than four years ago to describe how campaign events directly affected voters."

The four newspapers in the sample were hardly representative of the industry as a whole: all are based in very large cities, with three East Coast dailies (The New York Times, Washington Post, Miami Herald) and the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch.

The cable channels were CNN and Fox, but the study only focused on two programs: the Aaron Brown and Brit Hume evening shows. Only broadcast TV produced a large sample, as it included the PBS NewsHour and the three morning shows and three evening news programs on CBS, NBC and ABC.

In all, from all outlets, 817 stories were coded and decoded.

In the final accounting, 59% of stories that were mainly about Bush told a mainly negative story, while 25% of Kerry stories played out that way. One in three stories about Kerry were positive, one in seven for Bush.

In 2000, in the same period, 56% of stories about Vice President Gore were mainly egative.

While bias could be a factor, there are other possible explanations. Fully 40% of stories logged by the researchers this October had to do with the debates, where Kerry was generally seen as "winning" or doing very well, especially in debate number one. Another 9% concerned Iraq, with many setbacks during this period for the U.S. that also would drive Bush's negatives up unrelated to the campaign. In fact, nearly one in four stories on Bush were related to Iraq.

The study also notes "some differences in tone between different media," finding that newspapers "were the most negative medium by a sizable margin." Some 46% of all newspaper stories carried a negative cast, compared with 28% for the networks and 30% for the two cable shows. Newspapers were also harsher in tone about Bush than the other media. Network news was least negative.

Newspapers "tended to cover a wider range of themes than other media studied." Even, so, the press, like other media, "still framed the news largely through a tactical, insider lens."

These judgments, however, are based on just four not very typical newspapers in a not very typical period of the presidential race.

The study also examined five popular political blogs: Eschaton, Andrew Sullivan, Instapundit, Talking Points and ABC's The Note.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MrsSpringsteen said:
Please don't insult me - I know what analogy means, no need to look it up :)

And I certainly did NOT vote for Romney

Not an insult, just trying to keep things in context.
I will stick with my analogy.:)

I didn't think you voted for Mitt .:)

Mass is known to be the most Liberal state in the USA.

db9

So Kerry is no Schilling :shrug: but then again, who is?

I just don't happen to agree w/ your analogy :shrug:

Kerry might have thrown a bad pitch, but as far as I know he wasn't caught on camera picking his nose while sitting in the stands :D

bushpick.jpg

Last edited:
I just think it's funny that Bush people make this stuff. The second photo is incredibly fun because Bush takes himself so awfully serious.

Go Kerry.

I dunno. Would you trust a guy who traded away Sammy Sosa to run your baseball team? Probably was spending too much time picking his nose to think about trades.

last night on south park, in an obvious satire of the current election, the kids had to vote for a new school mascot between a giant douche or a turd sandwich. when stan decided he didn't want to vote, p.diddy came to town and threatened to shoot him if he didn't vote... vote or die, motha:censored:

twas quite funny.

Re: oh God, can't we just laugh at this?

MrsSpringsteen said:
Are they playing in the WS or running for President?

The "bastion of liberalism" has a Republican governor..

Plus, I don't think Kerry has a reputation in Massachusetts as "Mr. Congeniality". Enough people respect him enough to send him to the Senate, but that doesn't mean he's not going to get booed. Our Senators get picketed when they make speeches in Birmingham. Politicians all over are fair game for all sorts of pickets, protests and objections.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom