LOL at the press

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Written before the election this outlines how important the newspapers backing is.
Newspaper Picks: An Analysis of the 2004 Endorsements So Far

By Greg Mitchell

"FLORIDA: Bush is in big trouble here, at least if newspapers have any sway. Every single large paper has gone for Kerry, with the Orlando and Bradenton papers abandoning Bush and The Tampa Tribune (formerly for Dubya) sitting it out. This is how bad it is for the president: As far we know, his two biggest Sunshine State catches so far are the Ocala Star-Banner and The Ledger in Lakeland. So let's give this state to Kerry. In fact, if Bush pulls this one out, E&P promises never to give any weight to editorial endorsements in the future."
link

I guess that than answers that question, I do hope that they stands by their promise.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Written before the election this outlines how important the newspapers backing is.link

I guess that than answers that question, I do hope that they stands by their promise.

Good luck. All those who promised to move out of the US in 2000 are still here.

Re: Re: LOL at the press

nbcrusader said:

Come on we all know elections bring out the lies in everyone. Politicians shouldn't be the only ones that get away with it.

In Alabama newspaper endorsements are the kiss of death. We've always considered it bad luck. Maybe we are right, no, wait, our newspapers endorsed Bush. But too many papers endorsed Kerry. That was our problem, damn those endorsements!:wink: Actually they usually do jinx gubernatorial candidates. No one wants all of the newspaper endorsements, you'll lose the election.

Last edited:
Re: Re: LOL at the press

nbcrusader said:

Maybe more left than you think. Bush did increase his margin in the popular vote, after all.

Re: Re: Re: LOL at the press

strannix said:

Maybe more left than you think. Bush did increase his margin in the popular vote, after all.

I attribute that to the apparently limitless incompetency of the democratic party.

How they can lose so heavily to an incumbent fighting an unpopular war in an economic downturn is mind-boggling.

A few radical liberals turning tail and running for the panacea :)rolleyes: ) of Canada wasn't likely to affect the outcome of the last election too much.

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL at the press

cardosino said:

I attribute that to the apparently limitless incompetency of the democratic party.

How they can lose so heavily to an incumbent fighting an unpopular war in an economic downturn is mind-boggling.

A few radical liberals turning tail and running for the panacea :)rolleyes: ) of Canada wasn't likely to affect the outcome of the last election too much.

Aye. It was meant as a joke. Sorry.

I actually think you're on to something when you mention the limitless incompetency of the dem party. Although I myself put a lot of the blame at John Kerry's feet.

Although, since you need a party to nominate him in the first place, I guess we're back at square one. You're right!

Back
Top Bottom