local big shots go to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
The former head of a Fortune 500 family and a former rising political star are in jail for fraud. Richard Scrushy was sentenced to a lengthy jail term. Don Siegelman, former Democratic governor of Alabama, was implicated in taking kickbacks from Scrushy for pushing for his lottery deal. I voted for this scum. I can't help it, I couldn't stand his Republican opponent. We keep getting ripped off in Alabama. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

deep said:
those guys and Martha Stewart, and Paris can do the time

but not Scooter

I know, he just got pardoned. Bush had better be careful who the last president who got pardoned was.

verte76 said:

I know, he just got pardoned. Bush had better be careful who the last president who got pardoned was.

Actually he was commuted, but yeah he skips jail time either way.

Interesting. I recently saw "To Kill a Mockingbird". Gregory Peck was great as Atticus Finch. I went to school with the girl who played Scout, Mary Badham. She was excellent. I don't know why she didn't do any more movies.

U2Bama said:

Although Scott Horton's Harper's blogs regarding the case make for a captivating read, there are some notable factual gaps. But then, I see no reason why he should let those truths get in the way of what he is trying to prove.

~U2Alabama

True.

Back
Top Bottom