List the drugs you've done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really dont see what it matters, what drugs people have taken or not.

You know this will be closed as soon as it gets out of hand, if it indeed does, dont you Johnny?

I don't see why it would get out of hand, I think that adults can talk about issues in a mature fashion. I'm not advocating drugs, I'm quite opposed to them really. But I think that by being honest with ourselves and not pretending that people don't do drugs we can learn from one another. I'd be most interested to hear stories, good or bad from someone who has done things that I would never let myself do.

THIS ISN'T A DEBATE ABOUT WHETHER DRUGS ARE GOOD OR BAD, it's just a discussion of drugs and personal experience. I have enough faith in people to keep this on an adult level.

I know you're not advocating drugs, nor hoping to start a drugs are bad debate. Anyways.

I could never inject anything into my veins. I'm a complete wuss.

Pot twice.
Acid once.
Alcohol now and again, but I haven't been drunk in many, many years.

I didn't like the pot at all. The smoke burned my lungs. The first time I smoked pot, all I felt was stupid. The second time, I hallucinated a bit, and that's when it was over between me and pot.

I enjoyed the acid quite a bit, but I knew once was enough. The high lasted all freakin' night, so I was exhausted in the morning. I could see how it could get completely out of control.

Of course, I did all this almost 20 years ago.

only weed once every few months... of course alcohol

back in the day though, like in first year university...

i was into extacy and the party scene... but i'm out of that now... you can't party like that and expect to be successful in school or career... so i got out...

the idea of compiling the tragically long list of substances
that i have ever put into my body scares the shit out of me.

some of us don't like to be reminded.
this thread sucks in ways i cannot describe.

um yeah...everything bonosgirl said applies to me too. Its not something I like to think about or care to discuss so publicly.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Never done a single drug in my life.

Nor will I ever do drugs.

Angela

Never had a cup of coffee or a can of pop? That is a drug!

ok where shall i start.

I smoke
I drink (more then most)
I smoke pot once every few weeks
I have done cocaine once
i have done shrooms 7 times
Have caffeine on a regular basis
had EX once
Never injected anything into my body.

And to this day i dont regret any of those decisions, not saying i would do them again but at least i know what it feels like.

Alcohol and caffeine. (And prescription drugs, as in ones that were prescribed to me, if that counts) I smoked pot once and never want to do it again, not only because I think it's harmful but also because I just have no desire to.

Alcohol on occasion.

I've never smoked pot or anything like that. A lot of my friends growing up were into drugs. There were too many people I knew in high school that were already in treatment so I just stayed away of that sort of stuff.

sugarcaffeinealcoholprozacprolixinnavanezyprexazoloftlithiumbythewaythisthreaddoessuckaspartameginsengginkobilboaguaranapaxil

ok, i guess i'm the resident druggie

It would be easier to list the drugs I haven't done.

No regrets, I might add, but I'm lucky--I don't have a genetic predisposition to addictions so I was able to experiment and have fun without the bad stuff.

But today my worst offense is the occasional margarita on a hot summer day and the rare joint.

joyful girl I love your avatar, that's one of my fave videos

And I consider pot, alcohol, and tabaccoo as drugs.

I've smoked weed, and weed laced with angel dust, and drank and smoked and drank tons of coffee.
Right now I'm just on coffee and my prescription drugs.
:yes:

I don't get it - why is caffeine considered to be a "drug"? It doesn't make you do anything such as alter your state of mind - or at least, it doesn't for me. :D

Last edited:
alcohol - isn't that the same thing as water?
weed - yes please
'shrooms - once and only once. I have to say that was one of the best days of my life, and let me elaborate just a bit.

I was in college and every year my school had a spring concert. Senior year, we decided to get a ton of mushrooms eat them and see what happens. The main band happened to be Parliament so we thought it was the perfect opportunity. I had never eaten them before and we decided to eat them stuffed in cinnamon rolls as they tasted like shit. I am very impatient and after eating my share - nothing happened (so I thought) so I ate someone else's share as well.

Next thing I knew - I had a huge pair of hot pink plastic sunglasses on and we were off to the show. The show was outside and thus there were port-a-potties. I decided to go inside one of them (even though I did not have to go to the bathroom) and ended up hanging out in there for too long. I was hallucinating and the green plastic walls of the pottie started to move and then one of my friends banged on the door and told me to get out and asked what the hell I was doing in there, I told him I had no idea. He told me I was in there for about 10 minutes, and I had no recollection of this.

We made our way to the stage and I stood to the side of the stage as the band was about to go on. All of a sudden I was face to face with the guitar player and he looked at me and said, "Yeah man - I dig those shades" I had no idea what he was talking about because 1. I forgot I had sunglasses on and 2. I was in awe becasue standing in front of me was a fully grown black man wearing a nun's outfit with an electric guitar strapped around him. I thought I was on a nother planet , and might as well have been.

If anyone here thinks about going to see Parliament do so. There ended up being like 35 people on stage dressed like everything from babies, to nuns, to aliens and let me just say sober, it is funny, on drugs - it is ridiculous.

Long story short we somehow ended up at a Polynesian restaurant which I thought was a cruise ship, some of my friends passed out into their food, and others started screaming at some of the patrons a la Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and we got ourselves thrown out of the place.

That is the last I can recall of the day.

Although I have not done them since that one time, I would say that I might again, however it is so crazy that I would hve to be in a very controlled environment.

Finally I am on daily stomach pills, as well as they typical ovfer the counter stuff.

oh,

and hash once - if that counts for anything.

I am not advocating any drug, but I do not regret anything I have ever done...

ouizy said:
I am very impatient and after eating my share - nothing happened (so I thought) so I ate someone else's share as well.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ok, that story just made my day. I can relate.

Book recommendation: Geoff Dyer's Yoga For People Who Can't Be Bothered to Do It. Hilarious essays, many of which involve similar ridiculous drug-induced scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom